[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wsfg/ Wageslave'n & Fitness'n General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 54847861546848612.jpg (422KB, 1024x835px) Image search: [Google]
54847861546848612.jpg
422KB, 1024x835px
This thread is for all you champs that work 8-10+ hours on your feet, on concrete/hard floors in freezing cold or piping hot temperatures and still find the time to lift and be healthy.

Share with us your stories of what you do and how you manage to fit it all in to the day so that those of us that are struggling might gain some knowledge.

>What do you bring to work to eat for break/lunch to hit those calories per day goals?
>How much sleep do you get a night?
>Do you have time to be social outside of work and lifting during the week, or just cram your social life into the weekends?
>Are you afraid of hurting yourself at work so you can't lift, or hurting yourself while lifting so you can't work?

Just a few questions to get the ball rolling.

>people who sit down at work all day need not apply
>>
>>40008967
Fucking shifts are killing me, changing every two to three days, not so much the work. Barely able to lift, right now twice a week f i'm not too tired.
>>
>>40008967
>tfw heavy manual labour on your rest day. Goodbye gains. Goodbye joints.
>>
OP here.

I only just started lifting a month ago doing /fit/ Greyskull LP and subsequently started working as a labourer making various wood items after being a NEET on autismbux for about 9 months.

>What do you bring to work to eat for break/lunch to hit those calories per day goals?
Really struggle with this one because I only ever ate lunch/dinner and have never had a big appetite because I wasn't doing anything for so long, just been taking tuna sandwiches to work but want more substantial foods, trying to fit 100% peanut butter into my lunch somehow, maybe celery filled with the shit so I can keep growing?
4-6 because my body is hating the complete reverse in my routine, used to getting 10-12 hours but during the day because I was a nightowl, trying to adjust to the 7-4 routine is something my body is fighting me on
>Do you have time to be social outside of work and lifting during the week, or just cram your social life into the weekends?
tfw nogf after 5 years being in a relationship so kind of have no social life at the moment as all my mates are still controlled by the vaginal jew
>Are you afraid of hurting yourself at work so you can't lift, or hurting yourself while lifting so you can't work?
Only because I'm still new to both so I don't want to fuck my body, and still need to impress my bosses as I'm only casual and can't afford to not be productive as possible
>>
I work in the strange world of constructing sets for theatres and museum displays and things like that.

I'm on a slight cut so I have trouble going over my limit. Typical breakfast is 2 fried eggs and a few slices of bacon. Lunch is chicken salad. Dinner is whatever else I have left in the house.

6-7 hours

Yeah. Its all about balance.

For anyone who works labor, STRETCH. You will lessen your chance of muscle injury when you're more limber and flexible.
>>
Since I work in a mixed environment, some of what I say isn't for everyone

Anything that I can scarf down in 15-20 minutes. I usually can manage 2-3 short breaks of 5-10 minutes a day if I'm real busy. High protein/fat, low or no carb. Luckily, I have a fridge nearby.

About 2-6 hours, except Sunday. Then I sleep in as late as possible, and still get all the laundry/cooking/cleaning/etc done

Lifting is after work, then eat & bed. I'm on my own schedule, so the only thing I have breathing down my back are deadline I can see a week in advance

Yes and no. There's always a chance of work injury, but the stuff that is harder on the body is a lot easier when your'e stronger. Conversely, I've slipped a disc due to a near car accident, and that made work a bitch. Rehabbing it made everything hell for a few months, but that's life. I've never come close to a lost finger/hand incident, but those things happen in industry.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.