[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to run for long distances?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: pika.jpg (24KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
pika.jpg
24KB, 320x400px
I've seen that the main difficulty for people who have just started running is controlling your breathing. I don't have that problem. Say I run 3 or 4 kilometers, I won't be out-of-breath at all. The problem is that my feet and ankles start hurting like crazy and I can't continue running. It's like they can't handle the weight of my body (and I'm not even that hefty, only 70kg).

So, how can I run for longer distances? Do I need to build up leg muscle?
>>
bumperino
>>
Your joints are shit, stick to low impact cardio
>>
>>40005481
Keep running until you harden your joints and bones. Losing weight also helps.
>>
What shoes are you using OP?
>>
File: af6554_05.jpg (140KB, 1200x800px)
af6554_05.jpg
140KB, 1200x800px
>>40005704
>>40005750
>genetics holding me back

>>40005760
Pic related, got them as a gift in Christmas
>>
>So, how can I run for longer distances?

Increase your running distance a bit every week until you hit your goal.

> It's like they can't handle the weight of my body (and I'm not even that hefty, only 70kg).

Your body isn't used to that kind of stress, so obviously it is gonna hurt considering that running is medium-high impact cardio. Wait until it adapts or just get a bike.
>>
>>40005808
Honestly don't look too bad, However if you are constantly heel striking it could be the reason your joints are getting destroyed.

Look into finding a field somewhere and running barefoot, then try to carry that over to running with shoes on and everything should be fine.
>>
>>40006248
Yes, watch some tutorials on running technique.
>>
>>40005481

>>40006078
This.

That's also the idea behind these couch to 5k or whatever it's called programs: not doing too much at once and getting an overuse injury.

Don't be impatient, make gradual improvements, try not to get injured. Keep track of what you're doing, and in a year's time you'll look back at where you started and see a great improvement.

No magic, just steady work, and yes, it does take time.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.