[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you regret not playing sports in high school /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 258
Thread images: 33

File: IMG_1116.jpg (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1116.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
Do you regret not playing sports in high school /fit/?
>>
Kinda wish I did wrestling

Aside from that, don't give a fuck about handegg and don't have the height for ape hoop
>>
>>40001143
I regret not getting contacts and going to the gym in highschool to go from JV to Var.
Still was fun tho
the bus rides, the friends, ahh
>>
no

I'm more healthy and athletic than most people who did
>>
>>40001143
someone post the copy pasta of this guy rolling his dads SUV and both of them dying
>>
After high school, I went to college and forgot all about the playpen that is high school.

One of my friend at the time though, he was too stupid for college and didn't have the health required for the Army. Some time after my first semester of college, I found out that he drives his car to our high school parking lot and parks there and waits for the students who are still there to get out so he can try to talk to or at least watch them leave.

This thread reminded me of that guy.
>>
Fuck no. It would have lead nowhere.
>>
File: teen love.jpg (78KB, 1008x692px) Image search: [Google]
teen love.jpg
78KB, 1008x692px
>>40001143
The only sport I played in HS was table tennis, but I was pretty good at it. I also lifted since I was 16 and I had the highest bench in my School when I graduated, so I was "that guy". Mind you we didn't have a football team or anything so there wasn't a lot of competition. Still missed out on teenage love due to autism, though.
>>
>>40001143
Not at all. I went to a small private school and our sports teams were garbage outside of girls varsity soccer.
>>
>>40001143
Nah. Fuck chad.
>>
>>40001143

I played higschool football, but quit halfway through. I was a huge guy and pretty good, but I knew I would never go pro and a scholarship wouldn't be worth it. I grew up in a Friday night lights kind of town so you can imagine how I became an instant social pariah.

Instead I focused on my studies and am now a medfag with everything generally going well for myself. When I go back to my hometown to visit my parents I all the former team mates are poor as shit and need like 8 Norco a day just to function with their orthopedic injuries. Some of them managed to get recruited to small colleges on sports scholarships where they got waived through BS degrees and now they all work in factories.

No regrets.
>>
I did play. I had/have a friend who didn't and always acted superior about it. One night he finally admitted he wished he had.
>>
>>40001208
He has a body like a sack of potatoes.
>>
>>40001143
nah I just went hiking and did hundreds of pushups while watching lone wolf and cub

I do wish Id gotten on a decent programm when I started hitting he gym though
>>
regret not getting into wrestling because of how much discipline and motivation they teach you which i fucking need as of now
>>
>>40001216
They do, frequently.
>>
I did, but I was late in puberty so it didn't help me much despite being the best at soccer in school. I guess I would've been bullied more if I wasn't good though.
>>
But I was captain of the bowling team
>>
File: reac3.png (154KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
reac3.png
154KB, 2048x2048px
>>40001143
Yeah I guess. Like I'm going to make my kids do it, just for the benefits to your personality, coordination, variety of athletic skill etc. I ran cross country and that was about it until I started working out a little bit. My genetics give me a well toned ottermode body naturally so I feel like some sports could've helped give me a better frame as an adult.

I did get to experience teenage love though, and oh is it magical.
>>
>>40001217
Not to mention the possibility of their brains being fucked up from concussions.
>>
>>40001143
yes and no

>grew up playing football with all the jocks
>decided to stop playing in hs
>became performance arts fag
>one of few males who could actually sing/act/move his body in a natural way so I always got big parts
>got popular through that and from still being friends with the athletes
>banged theater/choir qts

Looking back, I would have been a mediocre football player. I was faster than most, and would have gotten stronger/faster playing football, but I also would have missed out on a bunch of other great times that I had with the drama fags.
>>
No. I delayed hitting the gym for as long as possible, and even now it's a drag that eats up a bunch of my time for very slow returns.
>>
>>40001155
but nobody will ever know
>>
File: howcouldthishappen.jpg (27KB, 609x480px) Image search: [Google]
howcouldthishappen.jpg
27KB, 609x480px
>>40001195
that's... sad
>>
>>40001143
Yes.
>>
>>40001217
good for you realizing the reality of your future so young, man. Especially in a football town.
>>
Started swimming in junior year, Literally went from a low level swimmer to varsity/ districts before the season even started.
Senior year I was a few seconds short of State qual
Also I went 2/3 vs our varsity baseball pitcher in senior year.(hadn't played since I was 12
Started running a few months after I graduated and ran a 1:30:00 half marathon with 3 months of half ass training and then not running for a month.

I regret not being disciplined and wasting my formative years playing vidya and MTG.
But I grew up without a dad and mom was poor/mentally ill. So there is no way I could have afforded more sports anyway (not that i knew of at the time), thank goodness swimming literally cost $100 for two years.
>>
File: 1484173303850.jpg (20KB, 490x368px) Image search: [Google]
1484173303850.jpg
20KB, 490x368px
Dropped sports after freshman year to get a job instead.

Still worked out around that schedule.

Still beat most jocks during pe fitness tests.
>>
Yeah, and I love sports ;_;
>>
>>40001151
>Kinda wish I did wrestling

Same.

No homo.
>>
Britfag so there is pretty much no such thing as high school sports. Got into Lacrosse at uni and I've been having what I'd imagine is a similar experience.

>team full of bros
>lots of drinking and having fun
>grills on female lacrosse team are all qts
>get to feel important at varsity
>>
File: MGAYO.jpg (105KB, 681x503px) Image search: [Google]
MGAYO.jpg
105KB, 681x503px
Skated/snowboarded/lacrosse in high school

Fuck I'm white
>>
>>40001143
>TFW in America schools offers you sport activities with professional equipment and coaches.

Life in USA must be fun
>>
File: download (5).jpg (35KB, 512x340px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
35KB, 512x340px
>>40002590
>be american
>get shot

sounds very fun
>>
I played cricket in high school and this was before 2020 existed so we played test

That's right, I stood around in a field for several hours for a few days in a row, catching a ball every 10-20 minutes and being forced to listen to a wicketkeeper who thinks he's a comedian. Nice garry xddddd fuck cricket
>>
>>40002590
American high schools are pretty great if you don't get stuck in nigville or chicanotown.
>>
>>40002707
its still seems fun to be honest. I grow up watching 80s and 90s movies and serials about american youth. I wish i had that life, its nostalgia/uthopia/autism whatever you call it i still dream about living in those universe
>>
But I did play high school sports, I was on the basketball team. It was ok, I made friends and was automatically considered a jock.
>>
>>40001143
It would have improved my mental health and social skills/circle, so yes.
I don't think it would have made me chadmode or given me a considerably better body to pull girls with.

On the flip side, I find almost all competitive sports to be mind-numbingly boring to watch or talk about, which I don't think would have changed.
>>
>>40001143
I played varsity soccer in High School, that's where i met all of my friends. This guys were great at soccer even some of em got scholarships to good universities here in texas. The group that i hanged out with where all drinkers and smokers, i had my first drink with em and had my first smoke with em. Took me years to realize that this guys were all fucking losers and i was heading the wrong way. I honestly regret meeting em. I recently quit smoking, it was a fucking haste. I go to my old town to visit them time to time, the main dude that use to be the best defense in the team, now is a drinker and stuck in a dead end job, it looks like he doesnt wanna do anything else other than drink, smoke and go to work. Some times i regret meeting them because I wonder what it would of been like if I've never smoked or drink for all of those years. Wasted a good 4 or 5 years.
>>
>>40001143
No, i played football and wrestled in HS.

Really jump started my lifting career, as i was able to hit 1/2/3/4 in under 6 months after i got a gym membership
>>
But I'm a boxer, op.
>>
>>40002529
>Still beat most jocks during pe fitness tests.
I did too. But then I realized that the jocks probably slacked in those since it's retarded to give it your all and get super tired. We had suicide races that I always won. You'd drop out when you felt like it. I was the autistic faggot who kept going. Looking back I probably looked like a smarmy faggot. I ended up being the only one who kept going and going back and forth.
>>
File: 1483975451840.jpg (106KB, 960x944px) Image search: [Google]
1483975451840.jpg
106KB, 960x944px
>>40001143
Nigga I regret being born, lol
>>
>>40002925
But really I was playing a lot of basketball, not in the school team though because they sucked and I had problems with authority, typical, edgy tryhard teen issues
>>
>>40001143

I did play sports but we don't have this "school spirit" culture the US has.

I played Rugby and Cricket, the closest action it ever got us was sharing the bus with the girl's netball team and I got a handy
>>
>>40001143
I did golf but I didn't get women from it
>>
>>40001498
Ahhh drama girls. The first sluts to realize themselves :')
>>
>>40001143
no because i was shut in and working my ass off to get into med school.
literally stayed inside during lunch breaks to study.

>>40001195
thats sad.
>>
>tfw I played hockey, ran track, ran xc
>tfw lettered in all three
>tfw only one of the jocks at my school smart enough to realize it wouldn't last
>tfw finishing up my masters in software engineering
>tfw everyone else from hockey team is moron jock douche still
>>
>>40003004
Sean?
>>
English secondary school is somewhat different to the All-American, Jocks vs Nerds scenario of the USA

A 45 minute kickabout on tarmac once a week and possibly a bit of cricket in the Summer. A 'cross country' run trespassing across a nearby farm and making a detour to the local shopping precinct for a ciggy was a rare trear. That was the extent of our 'sports' set up.

There were 15 or so lads in the year that were great at football and they made up the team from day one and the lineup never changed. Amerifats are obsessed with S P O R T S
>>
>>40003040

Studying for med school in high school is a waste of time and shows really poor judgement.

Sorry man.
>>
I was a spaz at sports, built like an Ethiopian and had no speed or agility of any kind

I am genetic sewage and deserve to die
>>
>>40003129
I'm not american but a healthy mind in a healthy body is the GOAT way to start in life. Sports at school should be encouraged. Study in the morning, do sports in the afternoon, come home too tired to become part of the """"problematic youths"""".
>>
>>40002743
Epitome of american civilization.
It's all shit now.

>TFW you feel the same
>>
I was a three sport varsity athlete for 4 years and I regret it so much. Wish I had done wrestling and only wrestling.
>>
OP's pic is depressing as fuck

A peak human experience. Being young, beautiful, genetically superior and having the validation of being the sports 'star' and getting to pound incredible, tight teen pussy the likes of which most men could never dream of

>tfw Wizard

kill me srs
>>
>>40002559

Isn't lacrosse for girls in UK? Well based on all those girls boarding school books I've read...
>>
>>40001143
I don't regret not playing sports. I do regret not lifting during puberty.
>>
>dropped out of hs because I made an internet company and got rich
>24 now and regret it, would give up all my riches to go back

What's the point
>>
I did and I was pretty good, but all our teams were dogshit. I was the best player on a winless football team. I play rugby now in college and that's pretty fun so I guess I'm glad I dis. I have chronic knee pain from an apehoop injury though .
>>
File: 1466670027718.jpg (7KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1466670027718.jpg
7KB, 240x232px
>>40001195
>when you have nothing else going on in life so you go to your old high school and watch the students
>>
>>40003417
girls lax is much different, no contact allowed, no helmets needed, no pockets on their heads, basically a mockery of the sport.
>>
I got cut from the soccer team sophomore year. My oldest brother was in college, but he was a star when he was in high school. Telling him I got cut sucked.
>>
>>40001151
Me too, I lacrosse and rugby instead, but I started doing BJJ as an adult and like it more than any sport I've encountered. Wish I had started earlier.
>>
>>40001487
he said sports, anon
>>
File: 1483953208918.jpg (153KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483953208918.jpg
153KB, 1080x1080px
I did wrestling, mma, track, and powerlifting.
Literally rammed out any girl i wanted.
>>
>>40002622
>be yuropoor
>have no money
>not allowed to buy plastic butter knives without ID
>get raped by mudslimes
>get stabbed and slowly bleed out
sounds very fun
>>
>play football in neighborhood with friends in middle school and beggining of high school, many of who were on football team
>they always encouraged me to try out for wide receiver (had good hands and moves)
>too shy and nervous to give it a go

Also

>pitched a seven innings shutout in 7th grade.

Yea I regret it sometimes, but I'll never know so whatever.

Is it possible to go back to college for a masters and try out as a walkon?
>>
I was on the football team but I hit puberty very late (senior year), so I was bullied freshman + sophomore year by my own "teammates" and eventually quit.

Now I have social anxiety because I think everyone is out to get me, how was your day?
>>
>>40003532
So in summary, I regret trying to play a sport I wasn't ready for.
>>
File: 1477455913800.jpg (69KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1477455913800.jpg
69KB, 500x496px
>>40001143

I took balls to the face for 3 years until I stopped playing soccer and water polo because of a broken leg that put me off the team for a season. Did basketball at a rec league level through college.

You know, despite the memes, this is nominally a fitness board. Don't act so surprised that some of us actually enjoy participating in sports.
>>
>>40003532
>>40003543
same dude, I tried signing up for basketball as a fat fuck freshman because I thought I'd be good at it, got rekt the first day and quit all sports after that
>>
>>40003566
Yeah we pretty much got fucked by our parents, even though I love them.

The best way to create a positive future for your children is to teach them sports at a young age. They learn teamwork, how to socialize, work ethic, etc. None of which I was able to learn properly.

TLDR: PUT YOUR KIDS IN SPORTS
>>
>>40001143
Yes.
I could easily have been a badass.

Me:
>weirdo
>introvert (spent most of my time in my own head)
>spaz (brashly opinionated on sensitive topics)
>social anxiety (only one close friend, and he's the one who made the effort)
>major confidence issues
>high test scores (usually perfect) and straight A's makes up for that, right? (No.)

My father was a runner, my brother is an all around beast. But I didn't grow up with them.

Joined the USMC a couple years after HS in an attempt to commit suicide (figured it would literally kill me).
Now
>run 3 miles in 19 minutes
>25 pullups
>squat 325-3x10
>bench 265-3x10
>can hand over hand a 30ft rope up and down all day
>do burpees and pistols all day
>manhandled the fuck out of most people, most with minimal effort
They didn't get me there so much as give me the motivation to get there. I'll have that 300pft this year.
Too bad I didn't realize how easy it was for me to get this strong in just a couple years when I was 13-14.
>>
>>40001217
sounds like ur in alabama too
>>
>>40003489
Did you have time left for studying?
>>
>>40003656
not op but, you don't need to spend much time studying in HS

i barely studied and had straight A's
>>
>>40003656
No but now im a military stud so i still slay mad pus
>>
>>40001143
I regret playing sports in high-school.

What you see in that pic is not what actually happens, what actually happens after your winning game is you go back to the locker room with a bunch of other sweaty young men and the coach yells at you for minor mistakes to make himself feel important even though the season is over. If you play for any good team no one is going to tolerate a break of discipline like the OP pic. Not your coach and not your teammates.

What actually happens is hours of bleeding and sweating every day, effort that no one but your teammates will really appreciate.

And yeah a few faggots know your name and you get some minor local fame, but then you leave high-school and none of that matters.

Meanwhile some skinnyfats get hot gfs just because they pay attention to them and go out drinking with them. While you stay at home trying to stay ahead in academia so you can get into a top tier programme and have a good career.

You want a hot gf in HS all you have to do is go get her and spend less time on the self-improvement meme.
>>
>>40003679
by mad puss do you mean mad boi puss? or dikes?
>>
I regret not getting kept back a year. I was born in the last week of the year, so I was always smaller for my age. Problem was I wasn't dumb enough for it to be worthwhile.
>>
>>40003686
eh, i definitely dont regret it. if i didn't play sports in HS i would still be morbidly obese and weak

it's what started my interest in lifting/nutrition
>>
I did play soccer from first grade to the end of high school. However as a Euro it wasn't school affiliated but a separate team. I did enjoy it but I regret I didn't get into weight training until much later.
>>
>>40001143
I wrestled, but found bjj surprisingly less gay due to the lack of unitards.
>>
>>40003710
>if i didn't play sports in HS i would still be morbidly obese and weak
Nah, you don't need to play sports to be fit you could just work out in your own time.

If you found /fit/ early you would be training more efficiently too, you would look better today.
>>
>>40003674
murica
>>
>>40003739
School funding is based on graduation rates, so standards have been dropping for the past 20 years. Nobody seems to care about this.
>>
>>40003674
You do if you want to get into a good college and make something of yourself. You need to not only study but also spend time picking up extra knowledge and working on something real to present in your application.

>>40003679
That's cool I guess, but unless you have a degree or went to study in an officer / high rank academy you will never be anything more than a private in your life- is that what you want out of it? You may fight but you will do minimal decision making in a war and instead fill out some fixed task. Where will your mark in history be? In contrast you could've spent all that time studying, got into Harvard, and from there made a jump into something that will truly change the world. Maybe even become a military weapons engineer that will change the course of warfare a millionfold to what a single soldier will.
>>
>>40001151
HS wrestling was great. Fun sport, got me in amazing shape, and I learned enough to be confident at least not dying fighting 99% of people I come across.
>>
>>40001151
Same. I played lacrosse. Wrestling is a good martial arts base and those guys are in shape af
>>
Maybe should have done rugby or something so I could have a bit more mass, but not a bit deal

I studied to be a smartfag and I managed to lose my virginity to a hot chick before she became a slut when I was 15 through drama in year 10
>>
Sports are fucking boring, I could never stand them.
>>
>>40003774
nobody cares because they've all decided that undergrad is the new HS, and that it's acceptable to spend 1000's of dollars on what should mostly be a HS level education. I was a TA for 3rd yr bio labs and people still couldn't write a complete sentence in their reports.
>>
>>40003799
>if you want to get into a good college
You can get in to any college by doing community college for 2 years and getting transfer credits.
It's also cheaper and you don't need to spend as much at the university, plus you'll be doing classes specific to your major instead of the gen ed bullshit.
>>
I did play sports
But I had asthma, awful vision, and was always skinny as fuck (poor family)
Needless to say, I never had a chance of being CHAD even then
I am happy though that I took some martial arts, at least I feel like I could defend myself if I had to
>>
I never got Americans, for the ridiculous sums of money that it takes to go to college in the US, you guys can easily live in Europe for a few years and study there.
>>
>>40003957
>Wanting to live in a muslim infested SJW paradise
Literally why
>>
>>40003957
UK here. I'd study in America just for the wrestling.
>>
>>40001217
gj dude, so many people hold on to the dream of making it the NFL or some shit especially in a town like that but very very few ever do, I can only imagine the pressure put on you to keep playing handegg as well. You had more foresight than tons of others.
>>
Part of me wishes. I was a super scrawny kid in high school, and I did drama.

I started working out my sophomore year of college, and I was working back at my old high school. About a year ago, I was signing in in the office, and the principal came in, grabbed my shoulders, and said, "Man, Anon, you've gotten big. You need to come back and wrestle for us."

It made me feel good, but also made me feel as though I missed out on sports in high school.
>>
>>40001151
Wrestling is the GOAT
>>
File: 1353639469027.gif (3MB, 356x218px) Image search: [Google]
1353639469027.gif
3MB, 356x218px
My situation seems a little tragic in retrospect. I started school a year early (which, if you know anything about developmental differences growing up, is a death sentence when sports are structured by grade, I was 2 years younger than the best players). My puberty was also a little delayed to boot. So I was pretty athletic in elementary, then fell behind badly in middle school as everyone else hit puberty. I really started to suck and it hit my confidence hard, on top of just not being as capable. I loved football and basketball but couldn't find it in me to continue trying to play either of these in school after freshman year.

Then of course puberty hit in earnest Junior year, I rose to 6'2, I started lifting weights, and suddenly I was turning into an athletic beast. The coaches wanted me to try my hand at football for my last year of school and I agreed eagerly. Put in a lot of time weightlifting and doing their training and things were looking really promising mid-summer until I partially tore my hamstring, which refused to heal. I could only run with a gimp and was severely hampered. I tried to stick it out for the next month of practice but realized it wasn't going to get any better during the season and quit. It really sucked.

These days whenever I play rec sports in college I'm the fastest guy and can make the acrobatic plays. I can put a football into a basketball hoop from full court. I'm constantly asked what sports I played. I have no doubt that I could have been really successful in a sport given different circumstances, but then again, would I have been professional? Probably not. So it would have been somewhat wasted time, and I wouldn't have committed to a harder (more lucrative) career and major like I did. So despite the sadness about it there is a silver lining.
>>
>>40001151
Wrestling was the best and worst part of hs for me
>>
I swam and made States every year in high school. I swam competitively since I was 7.

My parents tried to get me to play lacrosse when I was younger. I wish I took it up. I regret not playing a team sport.
>>
Did play soccer as a kid, but sucked at it.

Kinda regret I only started boxing in my 20ies
>>
>>40001151
No, no you do not.

HS wrestling sucks. Try maintaining your 112lb weight class that you started varsity as a freshman. Coach expects you to remain at that weight for 4 years.

Enjoy eating salted lettuce at your lunch table for 4 years to make weight.

Started high school as a 14 year old freshman at 110lbs. Graduate high school as 18 year old senior at 125lbs.

It took me until I was 30 years old to get my weight up to 150lbs. Shit stunted my growth. Cutting weight during puberty was literal hell. No grills appreciate wrastling either that way they do other sports.
>>
>>40003939
Wrong, 2 years in community college is a dead-end. You want to form connections with people in Ivy League colleges from day 1. That's how you pick up business partners for life and become a success.
>>
>>40001143
No but I regret not lifting. Sports were never really my thing and they still aren't, but I immediately took to lifting once I got a little help from a friend. But that was my Junior year of college so I had a ton of catching up to do.

If I had to pick a sport though I guess it would be wrestling, because wrestler physiques are the best and it would be cool to know how to defend/attack like a wrestler.
>>
Nationally ranked wrestler ain Jr high and high school.now wrestle D1 in college and have gone to nationals several times. Still wish I did a team sport
>>
>>40001143
i did play a sport in high school, i was the best on the team, i quit because i fucking hated all the normies who played.

>made us wear certain outfits on game day (khakis and our jersey)

>only played to hangout with stacies

>all cared more about looking good than getting better.

2/10
>>
>>40001151
Me too, started BJJ recently and loving it but the head coach has a wreslting background and I always thought grappling was a cool martial art/discipline. I think wrestling would have been awesome in HS.
>>
>>40001217
what position did you play
>>
>>40004671
>2 years in community college is a dead-end
It's how you get in to a university with less debt and time. I got my masters going this route.
Straight C student in high school.
>>
File: 1477063534564.jpg (121KB, 750x729px) Image search: [Google]
1477063534564.jpg
121KB, 750x729px
I played rugby and football at a pretty rich school in southern New York with a Friday Night Lights football culture.

Football pros:
>only thing any of the locals cared about
>made you popular (pictures of me and other teammates were hung around the school during rival week
>made you be acquainted with alpha males
>girls loved it
>could be pretty fun, making a big play in front of your whole town with your name being called is pretty surreal
Football cons:
>extremely stressful because of how important it is
>everyone gets fucked up and some point (half our team seemed to get injured my senior year)
>very competitive, playing time is hard to get

Rugby was much better. I was a three year started at second row (4) and we actually won the D2 State Champs by senior year. However I probably lost a lot of brain cells because of how many times I got hit in the head, suffered concussions etc. Wasn't as popular as football, but was decently popular as a new, upcoming, exciting sport.

All in all, high school sports didn't make you an alpha unless you already had an alpha personality and were good. Sports in a competitive american high school taught me to work hard as fuck and persevere, as cliche as it sounds.

Now I'm at Edinburgh Uni merking people on the American football team, so I guess it did really help out.
>>
>>40003417
What >>40003465 said. Lacrosse is played a lot by boarding school girls but it's entirely different to the unadulterated men's version - so much so that, despite us being a mixed club, I've never bothered to watch a women's match because it's so fucking boring.

Most of the people on our team are just people who didn't get involved in more popular sports at a young age (so there's no chance of making it onto the uni team), but still hold an interest in sports.
>>
I did competitive swimming in school. Outside I did competitive war canoe and kayaking. You would expect full blown otter mode but kayaking and war canoe gave me some Thor sized shoulders and back. Insane obliques from kayaking too.

It was ok.
>>
>>40004632
This. I grew muscles early, started 6th grade at 135. Kept that weight until junior year when I had to go 152, even though I'm only 5'7", currently 165 because I can eat decently. I pay little attention to what I eat anymore, but still work out because it's fun. I wish i hadn't cut so much though, I'd probably be a bit taller
>>
Gymnastics in high school. It was a weird fucking team to be part of but at least I acquired baby aesthetics
>>
>>40004879
How old are you? If you're only a manlet because of malnutrition, it is possible to keep growing untli you're 25
>>
Reading these stories sort of makes me wish I did sports instead of marching band and indoor drumline. I was the best quints player at the school, so I never had any push or drive to be better, and my band sucked cock so we never ended up winning anything and everyone ended up being satisfied with mediocrity. Ended up getting my reputation hassled by some girl and her gang of cronies that I turned down senior year, so high school was pretty shitty in general, makes me wish my school had a biking club or boxing club or rowing team.

On a side note, everyone I didn't particularly like in band ended up getting fat as fuck or turned into a dyke, while I got in shape. I would never go back.
>>
>>40004879
>manlet
>135 in 6th grade

Those weren't muscles, you were just a fucking fatass
>>
>>40004809
Read the rest of my post you fucking retard.

You saved some extra pennies by sacrificing useful friendships and connections that you could pick up in a good university.

>straight C student
I can tell.
>>
High School didn't even have a football team and I was too short and unathletic for basketball.
Competitive Marching Band was the popular activity at my school, no joke. The "star" basketball players were all also in band along with most of the top 10% grade-wise. Most of the most popular kids in school were in band. Kind of a bizzaro trend.
Probably due to it being the only decent sport we had. We won state 4 out of the 5 years I participated in a state with a pretty competitive scene.

3-4 hour marching band practices every day after school as a sousaphone player got me fairly in shape though. In a disciplined band there's actually a lot of running during rehearsal, not to mention marching itself usually requires more effort than you'd think.

I was friends with many people in high school due to it despite being awkward as all hell.
>>
>>40004928
>by sacrificing useful friendships and connections
Except I went to a good university and made plenty of friends and connections. You still need to go to a university to get your BA and masters you fucking dolt. My job is great because of those connections, but I couldn't have got it without my degree.
>>
i did swim team because our school was a joke and it was low pressure and it was also a treat for closeted high school me. kind of pervy on reflection, but there was at least one other gay kid in every other year so who cares.

i was in marching band but it was just something to do.

i mostly regret wasting so much time playing team fortress 2 and not becoming a better musician.
>>
>>40001217
You,my guy,were wiser and more mature than most people your age at that time and made the right decision,do you have an older brother ?
>>
>>40001143
No.

But I do regret not having the same confidence I do now and not realizing I am good looking
>>
>>40004953
Being a musician is a meme don't worry about it
>>
File: 1450408586940.jpg (15KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
1450408586940.jpg
15KB, 400x387px
>>40001143
>tfw you missed out on high school pussy forever unless you want to risk prison
>>
>>40001143
>implying I didn't play football all 4 years
>implying I didn't start on varsity
>implying I wasn't made a team captain for senior night

Football practice fucking sucked but it was all worth it to play under those Friday night lights

take me back bros
>>
Yeah, all of my friends played volleyball and I probably would've had more fun in high school if I played it with them.
>>
>>40005175
Just move or visit a normal country
Make sure you look young though
>>
>>40001143
I did, I played rugby for a few years, though stopped when I was about 16.

15yo me is the fittest I have been in my life, not a lick of fat on me, even though I'd come home and eat like a bowl of cocktail sausages or a wrap filled with nutella or whatever and THEN have dinner.

Now I'm 26 and can't so much as look at a burger without dumping on weight
>>
File: 1476242672367.jpg (34KB, 482x515px) Image search: [Google]
1476242672367.jpg
34KB, 482x515px
>>40005219
i actually look very young. i get high school girls flirting with me when i'm at my internship. i have to be sure to slip in how old i am when they get heavy handed about it. it usually results in them flirting more.
>>
>>40001143
I wish i hadnt
>>
File: 1433704042929.jpg (286KB, 840x840px) Image search: [Google]
1433704042929.jpg
286KB, 840x840px
>>40001143
>tfw DL/OL
>tfw I had a great time in highschool football
>tfw 3 year starter
>tfw on top 5 team in the state
>undersized in college
>coaches only give a shit about size
>burn the best OL on the team a few times every practice
>go on road games
>get DL interception in game
>still no playing time
>fuck up meniscus in practice
>end my own career
Highschool was fun, no regrets. College not so much.
>>
>>40004632
Interesting new perspective. Thank you for posting.
>>
>>40001143
I regret it a ton.
>joined track and field senior year
>never done sports before
>slow as fuck sprinter
>never cleared a height pole vaulting
>realized how I've wasted the previous three years
I probably would've tried for wrestling, or maybe football despite the fact I don't like the sport
>>
>>40004632
>Did wrastlin in middle school
>was a fat fuck at 220lbs starting
>By 8th grade I was 180lbs and in shape
>Move in to high school and they expect me to maintain my weight or even go higher
>Shoveling food in to combat the hard as fuck practice burning my gains
>tfw came out top tier by the end of high school
>started lifting almost as soon as I was done with wrastlin
t-thanks coaches
>>
Did track for 4 years. Sucked at it for the first two since I literally hadn't hit puberty yet, the next two were godlike for a small town. Nobody cared since it wasn't football, but I got recruited to a d1 program and one other kid went to zoomass for footbawl. I fucked up my joints from the ridiculous volume of practice+lifting I was doing and had to quit by soph yr of college. Don't regret a thing, I made all my friends through track since I'm an autist.

I think more people should regret it than they do, if that makes sense. Most jock tards who think they're gonna get a scholarship will get a couple grand to a shit tier community college program from where I'm from. High school is definitely a time where you should nerd out for a few years and get into a decent college with some academic scholarship money, it's the most pragmatic way. I lucked out since I had track+no social life, so I had time to study...
>>
>>40004895
I'm 25, I'm done growing but it's okay I only think about my height when I get hounded about it here. Doesn't really impact life like
/fit/ thinks

>>40004927
>14 year olds can't be built
>implying I wasn't already playing sports just didn't wrassle
kys bud the only people who worry about height are insecure so they blame their problems on something they can't control rather than nutting up
>>
File: 1461175374964.png (67KB, 1456x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1461175374964.png
67KB, 1456x1108px
>>40005613
>kys bud the only people who worry about height are insecure so they blame their problems on something they can't control rather than nutting up
>manlets in denial
>>
I have friends that played high school football and their shoulders are fucked because the coaches would never have them warmup when benching, just going straight into their working weight. Any of you have that?
>>
>>40001488
>'m going to make my kids do it,

good way to be a shit parent

if your kids don't want to do sports don't make them
>>
>>40003506
>try out as a walk on
I highly advise you not to do that, which you probably cant do anyway.
>>
lol at hs wrestling in the south. only spectators were parents. kids at school "you play a sport anon? i had no idea" utterly miserable at practice/matches/tournaments. tournaments sit in a crowded gym 8-5pm on a saturday. all to be a state finalist in a sport no one gives a shit about. i rekt blue belts day 1 of bbj though but only in stand up, hand no clue how to sumbit and everyone guillotined me.
>>
>>40001143
>be me
>play foosball in high school
>tall, fast, HANDS as fuck
>stud free safety and the go to receiver
>have a reputation for laying people out
>feel like I have to live up to my rep as a hard hitter
>truck people into oblivion when I could have easily juked them
>constantly going heads up with fbs and rbs
>memory starts to slip
>lose periods of the day
>years later I find my brain is under constant stress off petit-mal seizures
Wew lads. At least I'm not crazy, like I thought I was.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161208-205340.png (437KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161208-205340.png
437KB, 720x1280px
>>40005635
I love you, thanks for the esteem boost! Have pic related, what I took down a few weeks back
>>
File: 1482404529763.jpg (48KB, 789x702px) Image search: [Google]
1482404529763.jpg
48KB, 789x702px
Didn't like sports throughout education because I used to get bullied and it only intensified in competitive environment. Luckily high-school was uneventful and I broke my leg halfway through meaning I didn't have to attend physical education.

However I remember playing this hockey for retards thing in middle school where we would just run around and hit a ball with hockey sticks which is apparently a sport. I was teamed up with other class losers against a team of actual sports jocks, turned out we had 10/10 teamwork and I would fucking score almost every time. I loved that shit and was surprisingly good at it, played it very aggressively too, it all pumped me and shit to the point where I would make verbal comebacks at those mongoloids. Obviously faggots ran off to complain to our boss faggot teacher about the game after a streak of like 12 losses and we never had it again. Fuck sports. I enjoy lifting primarily because I don't have to deal with anyone now.
>>
>>40001143
I am a regret
>>
>that tfw lacrosse masterrace
>>
>>40005682
You're a fucking state level wrestler, there is litterally no way in fuck you can't submit a blue belt in BJJ unless you fucking sucked at wrestling.
>>
>>40005682
wrestling is a pretty depressing sport lol, only fun part i remember about it is my teammates and winning your matches.

>2-3 hour practices sweating buckets
>had to constantly watch weight and food
>on saturday, all day tournaments from morning to sundown
>if you had to face some top-tier behemoth state champ, you would get fucking ragged. im talking armpit in your mouth or balls to the face.

at least i got it damn good shape. it's probably way more fun if you're actually good, i was the definition of mediocre... like a 60/40 w/l
>>
>>40001143
I did, played volleyball for 4 years. Grills don't appreciate, not even the girls team did because we were shit and they weren't lol. I also wasn't /fit/ back then. Still had a fuck ton of fun though. Here is a greentext about one of my favorite times that came out of playing sports.

>be me and my team
>senior year
>all of us seniors on the team are good friends
>literally the only reasons any of us played was just an excuse to hang out with each other
>we don't really care about winning
>we suck ass, we ended up winning one game in our conference senior year, our last game
>we play after the JV being the Varsity team
>usually go in this room where the cheerleaders practice with pads, can see the court from the room, supposed to be warming up
>one guy is selected to play the lookout while the rest of the team plays dodgeball
>for some reason that day it was closed, have to go to the other gym
>giant ass curtain separating the gym in half
>we set up for dodgeball on one side, just so happened the other varsity team we are supposed to play walks in and sees us
>ohfuck.jpg
>they want to play
>whatthefuck
>we play the other team in dodge ball before the game
>we were winning at first but they caught like 5 in a row and we lost
>high five and just chill with them until our game is ready
>same things happen in the volleyball game, we win the first game but lose the next
>keking about the dodgeball game while shaking hands after
>coachnothappy.webm
>we run all next practice

Coach never found out, fucking worth
>>
>>40001143
nope
>>
>>40003602
Probably easier at that age too, all those grom hormones buzzing around your teenage body.

Good job anon.
>>
>>40001143
Yes, but not so I could get girls. That was pretty easy to do without lifting.

I wish I did sports so that when I entered the gym, I would have had a larger strength basis.
Further, it would have been great to have had much more self-discipline at a younger age, better insight into diet, and more structure.

Life is great now, but it would have given me a head start in the gym, and all the benefits I had from that.
>>
>>40001217
Internet fist bump. Good for you mate.
>>
Played football, basketball, and lifted in the off-season

pretty funny watching 19 year-old cross-fit try-hards developing a superiority complex about discovering the power clean for the first time without having any concept of it's practical application. .
>>
>>40001143
No. Ibwas the student council Presidenr, Debate Team Captain, got into every uni i applied to, and still got laid.

Now I'm /fit/ and make more money than anybody who did.

Sports are a spook unless you're also getting good grades.
>>
>>40005390
Fellow Line-bro here.

Got to play nose my Junior and senior years.

Nothing like absolutely wreck'ting the fuck out of the center play after play.
>>
>>40007643
nigga high school was so easy, wtf are you on about? I coasted through a 4.0 with 4 AP credits and played 2 sports the entire time. I even had time to fuck around in theater.

God damn. So much time for shit when you dont have to work. Fuck
>>
>>40005175
high school pussy is like regular pussy
except girls are usually more excited about it cause they USUALLY haven t been fucking for that long

unless they are sluts
i finished high school in 2008
fucked a 17 year old in 2011, shit was fun
for legal issues now that im 26 i'll only fuck 18+ girls, but yeah, young girls are great fucks.

>>40000000
wew
>>
File: 1484166729440.jpg (152KB, 1200x1210px) Image search: [Google]
1484166729440.jpg
152KB, 1200x1210px
>>40001143
>>40001217
Ive never heard a truer story in my whole life
I grew up in a poor mostly nigger town so sports was all we had going for us.
The entire town would come watch friday night football.
8 years later nearly all the kids who played are either dead, in jail, or fucked in the head/body.
>>
File: MbGgjV.png (795KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MbGgjV.png
795KB, 1920x1080px
>played basketball in europe, so not a massive sport
>completely friendless autist outside of sport yet obsessive about basketball so I was good, I was 6'3, fast, and had perfect shooting form, I'd barely miss a shot in training, by far the best player on the team, also knew more about the game than my coaches because I literally watched 3 hours of tape a night and browsed bball forums religiously
>was a complete asshole
>almost never passed the ball, shot loads of terrible shots, was a dirty piece of shit on defense
>made my teammate cry in training for fucking up
>made our female assistant coach cry
>got ejected for fighting more than once
>got technical fouls for taunting the other team and chatting shit to the referee
>most of my teammates were shit scared of me

everyone probably hated me and I don't give a shit
>>
>>40001143

yeah. it seems good for being social. if I could go back I'd do wrestling.
>>
>>40001143
was going to go to college for baseball but i fucked my shoulder

still want to kms desu
>>
File: 1450073949809.gif (171KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1450073949809.gif
171KB, 375x375px
>>40001151

>did football, wrestling (215s), and throwing
>majority of my football team didnt wrestle because it was "gay"
>convinced 2 others to join
>do a decent job my freshman year, but had fun and cardio was above the lineman and linebackers from football
>throwing gave me a bit better balance and technique
>go back to football sophmore year and majority still think wrestling is gay
>hell week arrives
>me and the other two who wreslted are barely winded, not throwing up like the rest of the lineman/linebackers
>laugh our asses off with our superior cardio/overall fitness compared to the ones who didn't wreslte
>become starter as a 5'8 manlet for the restof high school
>their salt levels were the reason our field was shit half the time

Felt pretty fucking great
>>
>>40005613
6th graders are 11-12 years old, you're 5'7 now so you probably weren't even 5' tall when you were in 6th grade. Only way you would'v been 135 going into 6th grade would be if you were a fatass
>>
>>40003480
Dude bowling is fucking hardcore what are you talking about
>>
>>40003686

>all you have to do is go get her

how do i do that without the self-improvement meme?
>>
>>40001217
Nice make believe story anon
>>
>>40001143
In my last high school year I had the highest grades in physical education, I was by far literally the strongest one in my class because of good shape and mixed martial arts (and I didn't even lift back then). I still was unpopular. I'm not american though
>>
Nah. The high school coaches were all cancerous faggots with horrible attitudes, and the athletes they trained were mostly shit. Much better that I was an edgy "rebel" and didn't have their influence in my life.

College rugby was a great idea though. Once you're outside the realm where people are gunning for athletic scholarships and figure that sports will give a special status that makes up for acting like retards, things get pretty good.
>>
Wish I had played baseball. Back then I didn't give a fuck about sports, but then when I started going to a batting cage just for fun I realized I had (a bit of) natural talent for it and how fun it was to whack the ball. Also wish I hadn't been a lazy faggot, so I could've boxed. That would be fun as shit I bet
>>
File: 35.jpg (826KB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
826KB, 4500x4334px
>>40008711
LOL are you me?

literally the same thing happened to me. i was about 5'8 220 which is pretty damn fluffy and I was ironically the most in shape lineman we had because i wrestled. started junior and senior yr

>tfw still 5'8 manlet
>190 and relatively lean though
>>
>>40001143
yes
>>
>>40001143

110%

I was always athletic from grades 1-8 but fell off from sports. When I got back into fitness age 24-29 I think a lot about where I could have ended up.

Sure there is a 0.00001% chance I'd be playing in the NFL for example, but its the IF that bothers me.
>>
I fucking loved playing baseball...baseball was my favorite thing ever. I played football too but I sucked/didn't play so I stopped after my sophomore year. Before my Junior baseball season started I tore my hip flexor and couldn't play. My grandma died and I just became horribly depressed. I didn't make grades senior year and was terribly out of shape. I wish I could have played more even though I knew I probably wouldn't go anywhere with it. I wish I stuck with boxing when I started in 7th grade.
>>
>>40001143
I did athletics. Regret not rowing though.
>>
File: uychonemhbg3dfa069xo.jpg (72KB, 680x440px) Image search: [Google]
uychonemhbg3dfa069xo.jpg
72KB, 680x440px
>>40008403
You were like the yuro Michael Jordan
>>
>>40001151
FPBP. Same.
>>
>>40008403
you sound like a sociopath

just putting that out there
>>
I was in marching band freshman year if that counts as a sport. I developed a medical disorder that caused me to black out in the heat and/or when my blood pressure/heart rate changed too suddenly. So I had to quit sophomore year. It was fun though.
>>
>>40001217
I played QB in high school and started jv until junior year. I had great technique and didn't hit my growth spurt till freshman year. Was always quite athletic, but remained a pocket passer for the most part to take less hits and I was also very accurate. Then when I finished my growth spurt midway through junior year I was 6'4 200 lbs and starting varsity QB, there was another kid behind me who was just as good a QB and younger and he wanted to run more so they asked if I wanted to try my hand at receiver. I developed some quickness and worked on catching and was able to do great at receiver for the next two years. Since I was 6'4 no corner could win a jump ball on me and since I could run a 4.6 40, there was almost no one who could catch me. Also, my speed is when I get going, not from the start. It was fun making all the black kids look bad at CB and we did well. Also trick plays where I threw were fun as shit.
>>
Yuropoor here. From 7 to 10 years old I did competitive swimming and won at breathstroke in a few meets but I honestly didn't give a fuck, I just liked to fool around in the pool with friends. Then I moved to a mountain town and joined a skiing club, which I loved but sucked tremendously at (my best ever result in a race was second-to-last).

I spent my junior HS year in the US as an exchange student and joined the swimming team. I made varsity even though I hadn't swam in years (turns out most people in the team did because the varsity standards were very low). I was close to qualifying for State for breathstroke but in the end I couldn't. I was friends with almost everybody and had a lot of fun, but it was a winter sport only and I never joined any other sports team.

When I started uni I tried kendo and enjoyed it, so I kept at it for more than 10 years already, to the point of doing a 3 month sabbatical so I could train in Japan, but I recently quit because I honestly was fed up with it and I got back problems which kendo only accentuates (I also moved to Mexico City and the traffic here is insane).

I only got an interest in lifting in my mid-twenties. My physical condition is not very good and looking back at my habits I could have a very solid base now if only I had done more sports when I was a kid. I think rugby looks awesome but I just wasn't interested in team sports when I was younger. But I don't think I missed out on the social side of things, other than being a fucking wizard but it's got more to do with other personal traumas rather than being a social autist.
>>
I played baseball and lacrosse in middle school (been lifting since 13 btw)

Kind of sad I didn't continue it into high school
>>
>>40009864
It does not.
>>
File: 4yJvLlw[1].png (492KB, 1866x683px) Image search: [Google]
4yJvLlw[1].png
492KB, 1866x683px
>>40001143
>>
>>40003028
lol, yeah... They loved being "comfortable with sex" like it was some novel thing they had come up with.
>>
nope i had more fun skateboarding/skiing and doing and selling drugs and banging party girls.
>>
File: argentina.png (71KB, 268x367px) Image search: [Google]
argentina.png
71KB, 268x367px
>>40003219
been a football player brah. Not as good as you think it is, and people don't idolize you the way you think they do. at least, nobody on my team was.
>>
>>40001143
I did play sport but I went to an all boy school so it wasn't a bragging right.
>>
>>40001143
I played baseball in high school and was absolute trash. I used it to lose weight and only played for 2 years.

I more so regret my family being too poor to get me into sports earlier.
>>
>>40001143
I did and it was nothing special.

Nobody cares about football in Canada.

At least we won the toilet bowl campionship.
>>
OP is just trying to trigger late bloomers

if you didn't do sports as a child/ teen you're a faggot and you will forever be that awkward retard no matter how much muscle you put on or how many guides you read on how to be "alpha"
>>
I played basketball and soccer.

I don't think much of it. Lifting and playing occasional handegg and basketball with friends and acquaintances throughout my 20s has been far better.
>>
Played basketball, fucked bitches. Went to college, didn't play but still not in debt. So...I guess I kinda regret all the weight I put on after I stopped working out but nothing else
>>
>>40001195
This has to be a lie. Such a notorious creep would got arrested after teachers or parents complained or made a police call about some guy gapping with a Pepe face
>>
>>40001143
No - they're all fat bald guys now.
>>
>>40001143
I was too small. I didn't get to my full height until halfway through senior year and by then, obviously, it was too late. Thankfully, when I did grow into my body I had great face gains and everything worked out for me. Still wish I could have played football.
>>
>>40001143
No. I lifted weights with friends/alone.
I focused 99% of my time on working, cooking my own food, and maintaining a 4.0 for national honors.

Why? So I could get an easy job and afford steroids. It's kind of fucked up that I knew I was going to use steroids since I was 16 but I makes me happy.
>>
>>40001143
No, I did my fair share in baseball, track, and cross country. My family is very athlete-oriented.

My experience was not very exciting. I lived in a small, rural town so fame wasn't that impactful as it would be in a larger population. Nonetheless, I grew less shy and got some pussy out of it.

Would do again/10
>>
>>40001143
Yeah, it might have made me more social. I'm currently in college and have more friends than I've ever had, but man, my time in high school was a difficult, lonely and depressing drag. Moving and going to a different one after three years certainly didn't help. There is so many stuff about relationships, love, and friendship that I still have to learn.
>>
>>40001143
>played high school hockey in MN
>if you don't know high school hockey is pretty much the peak of sports in MN, everyone keeps up with it, even people with no connection to players
>still didn't get a gf
Why
>>
I did
>>
I regret doing cross country for 4 years that shit was the gayest gains goblin
>only stayed bc "oh it will look good on your college applications if you stay 4 years"
>>
>>40004632
Tbh ur a fucking idiot for letting a fucking highschool wrestling coach tell you to stay at below 130lbs throughout your highschool life.

He legitimately ruined the rest of your life lol. There is no doubt in my mind that you have all sorts of underdeveloped facial features, i.e.: weak jaw, small/receded chin, small skull, no cheekbones, "passive" face, short height (5'7"?)

Jesus Christ anon
>>
>>40004895
>If you're only a manlet because of malnutrition, it is possible to keep growing untli you're 25

Where did you read about this?
>>
>>40016587
>tfw in college and you have less friends than in high school, and your only friends are the ones from HS who went to the same college

Life is suffering

Joining crew next year, hopefully that will help me get invited to a party senpai
>>
>>40016587
just wait until college ends. then all those friends go their separate ways and you're right back where you started.

t. graduated 8 months ago
>>
>>40001143

TFW ran cross country and track in hs, got a full ride to a smaller D1 school, slayed cardio bunny puss from the time I was 16 up through college and beyond despite being 140 lbs at 6'0 skelly mode.

Girls like guys who are popular, good at something, and not autistic. If you're an All-American, it doesn't matter if you're skinny, the thicc ebony sprinter girls on your team will still be thirsty for you.
>>
>>40001151
Why are a lot of wrestlers short? Not trying make a manlet insult but I noticed in HS, a lot of them were short as fuck
>>
>>40017155

Better for using your body as leverage, harder to move a short guy who is applying force closer to where the force being produced.
>>
>>40001143
Lol no, i did not want to get injured and have bad joints and bones when im older or at that young of age.
>>
>>40001143
My only regret is not doing whitey's favourite past time and just shoot up my school and suicide by cop.
>>
>>40010921
keked at this
thanks
>>
>>40017398
Haha I just want to keep picking up heavy things and never use that strength for anything
>>
I played hockey, the football of Canada.
I was goalie on my high school team.
To the uninitiated though, competitive team sports are really fucking gay. I got out of it because I was the goalie but like the guys on my team used to touch each others' birds and shit, "as a joke", but like, fuck man, so fucking gay. They'd also be pretty good at getting girls though, but like, still fucking gay.
I had fun playing high school hockey though, and it was socially advantageous and looks good on a resume (I continued playing semi-competitive until I was 21 and now I still give goalie clinics for kids a few times a year).
>>
>>40003674
This guy didn't take any AP classes
>>
>>40001143
I wrestled all through highschool and now a collegefag playing rugby and definitely worth it if not wrestling. Wrestling is actually just brutal when you're at a wrestling school in the deep south gg.
>>
>>40016928
5k time?
I was the team capt for mine and my best was 19:28
>>
I've always been relatively good at basketball and my dad used to play it himself back in high school so I've basically got a natural talent for it despite being a 5'10 manlet.
>>
>>40017896
My PR is 18:41 but usually i barely broke 20
>>
>>40005666
Eh. Make them to a degree. It's so fuckin hard to avoid feeding kids garbage these days, between school lunches, other parents, family, and one's own time and money, that there needs to be some kind of physical input to counterbalance that.

There's also the matter of balancing all that sitting that's done both at school and while doing increasingly large amounts of homework, particularly in a college prep scenario.
>>
File: IMG_20160601_142143.jpg (182KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160601_142143.jpg
182KB, 960x576px
>>40005688
I'm so fucking ashamed that despite the mountains of research that really should condemn football outright, I fucking LOVE college football.
>>
>>40001143
>live in the south
>football, basketball, and baseball are king
>played soccer, tennis, and ran
Meh, I would do it again
>>
I did though, too bad I'm currently at my best shape right now(and improving) but too old for sports outside fun, turning 21 next month.

Thinking of going to try outs for football/american football, scene here is amateur so it might be fun. I'm 5'10, fast and strong
>>
I played lacrosse and loved it. Made high school so much fun. A lot of people look back at high school and talk about how they hated it. I feel happy that I can remember it fondly
>>
Yes. A tiny bit. I mainly regret my lil bro not playing sports. That cunt is a depressed as fuck full time gamer now. So depressed and so depressing.

I think there is approx a 20% chance he's gonna make it. :(
>>
>>40001143
People who prime in HS are usually losers later in life.
>>
>>40009034
14 year old's birthday party is not a sport
>>
>>40001143
No, but I regret not lifting. I never liked team sports (mostly because they involve small, fast-moving objects and my vision is shit beyond 3' or so) but I like spending time hiking, fishing and hunting.
>>
>>40001143
I really regret not wresting my senior year. I did junior and made it to districts, I could have went to states if I did a second year.
>>
>>40001143
I regret having been born.
Back to my bench set, now.
>>
>>40019640
[citation needed]
>>
>>40005666
checked, my dark lord
>>
>>40001143

I regret not getting /fit/ sooner, it probably would have saved me a lot of angst.

Playing sports though? Not really. Competitive things in Normieville get toxic/obnoxious real quick.
>>
>>40003823
>>40001151
Exactly man. I wrestled my freshman and sophomore year, but stopped once I became an upperclassmen to focus on lacrosse. It had its ups and downs but I still miss that adrenaline rush during matches
>>
>>40001143
>star center on football team, got a full scholarship to a Big 10 school
>heavyweight state wrestling champ my senior year
>zero (nada) 0 girls
Where was the love for the fat athletes? We can't all be Chad QB.
>>
>>40001143
maybe
>>
>>40008711
Fucking same. I was an offensive tackle for my football team and decided to join wrestling for the gains. Came back to practices with my other lineman dying on the field doing cardio. Realized being swoll at low body fat can beat those fat ass defensive ends all day.
>>
>>40024274
>swoll at low body fat

This, played left tackle, I was 6'4 220 lbs below 15%, fat fucks on D line could't breath by the end of the drive.
My God, I loved to cat their knees off when they would try to bull rush me on a pass.
>>
>>40017030
Fuck off with the bro science. I grew up skinny as fuck, entered high school at 89 lb. Grew up fine. I'm 5'11 and handsome
>>
>>40001143
No. I was asked to do hurtles in track.
"But coach my legs are short relatively speaking to to rest of my body and I'm only 5'6" I made have grown an inch or two since then idk.

Because my dad had the same trait he did football until college where he dislocated his knee sideways and completely tore it up "beyond repair without a full replacement." He spent the and it took him 25 years of bone on bone friction when he walked to finally get his knee replaced... "The absolute worse condition I've ever seen a knee in where it was still attached to the body." - medical staff.

So, do I regret it? nah.
>>
played soccer in high school. currently play soccer for my college. Didn't play high school because my club didn't let me. Kind of regret not playing for my high school desu.
>>
Played basketball my sophomore/junior year. Was pretty fun but took up too much time. They wanted me to play my senior year but I didn't really care about it anymore. Plus I wanted to focus on school and hated one of the coaches.
>>
2 year varsity baseball captain and varsity basketball bench rider and no I dont regret. Unless you go big D1 for your sport you can manage college athletics and school
>>
Not your typical sport but I did xc skiing all my teenage years. Shit is grueling as but gets you in fab tactic shape and teaches you how to work hard
>>
>>40008403
mirin
>>
File: 1484337801398.jpg (147KB, 800x728px) Image search: [Google]
1484337801398.jpg
147KB, 800x728px
>>40024785

I doubt that. I'm so sorry for you
>>
File: 605f1U9.jpg (41KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
605f1U9.jpg
41KB, 400x600px
>>40001143
>Didn't have a dad to teach me how to throw and catch a ball properly
>Never played sports, too scared to try
>Tried tennis in 7th grade, told myself I was bad and would stay bad, dropped it
>tfw
>>
>>40024785
Post pics to prove it faggot
>>
File: petercrouch.jpg (123KB, 840x1105px) Image search: [Google]
petercrouch.jpg
123KB, 840x1105px
>>40003686
This here is the truth. Competitive training is absolutely brutal and unnatural. Completely different from fucking around in the gym 3-4 per week.

I used to play soccer in the highest junior level in my country. Many of my former team mates are now professionals.
>>
But I played football, basketball and track n field. Cmon senpai.
>>
Varsity Soccer three years, won City championship and school's first State championship during my last year on the team.

Regret playing and not lifting + studying that entire time. Nothing came out of it for me besides popularity and renown all of which disappears after highschool
Thread posts: 258
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.