[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stair Climbing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1318.jpg (18KB, 280x284px)
IMG_1318.jpg
18KB, 280x284px
/fit/ I weigh 294 lbs and need to start to change now. My goal is to reach 150 in a year and a half. I'm trying to watch what I eat and add exercise. I tried jogging uphill but got tired in a minute and my feet and shins hurt. Is climbing up and down my stairs a suitable replacement for jogging until i lose weight?
>>
Any kind of regular physical activity is good. Stairs are fine. But weight loss is all about what you eat, so focus on that.
>>
Don't run or job until you're down under 200 lbs. You're going to fuck your joints up otherwise. Also you'll have to start veeerry slow. I recommend elliptical or an exercise bike or swimming. Also eating is going to be key, it's 1000x easier to not eat a calorie than to try and burn it off.
>>
>>39994286

Literally walk. Go outside, check the time and then walk in one direction for 30 minutes then walk back. Alternatively go to a near park or walking trail (like a lake or forest) and go around it a few times. Do this every day.

Walking is all the exercise you need to lose weight, I'm dead serious. This is only 15% of losing weight though

The other 85% is diet my famalam. Control your fucking mouth or you will never lose weight. Download a calorie tracker and aim for 2k calories a day. If you go for the 1 hour walk that day, add 300 calories to that day (no more and only if you actually fucking walked).
>>
>>39994286
walk up stairs on your tiptoes, you will have god tier calfs
>>
>>39994317
I got the MyFitnessPal app. It set my daily calorie goal to 2750. Yesterday after putting in what i ate it said i probably wasn't eating enough. That seems high to me, I don't want to eat that much. I'm consciously trying to avoid ever having snacks and im not having seconds at meals. It's also really hard to guess what I'm eating, I don't have a food scale hanging around. I don't want to send my body into starvation mode but I have to lose weight.
>>
Your diet will be the most important thing, have on cheat meal.every two weeks but other than that your food should be healthy un proceeded food within a calorie limit, just look at what 2200 calories worth of meals looks like and aim for that, eat carbs only when you need them for energy so not before bed

Do anything low impact and buy some adjustable 40lb dumbells to do workouts with them, running will be too painful but walking and swimming is better

Being healthy and strong will improve your life 100% so never give up on making yourself happy op
>>
>>39994720

>starvation mode

Doesn't exist my friend. You could literally eat 0 calories one day and you'd lose all calories burned without your body going into some retarded efficiency mode. You'd be starving and feel ill but you get my point.

Point is, after a certain threshold. Losing weight is mental fortitude, don't over restrict yourself or your body will hate you, but don't go easy, or you won't improve, have to find the good balance.
>>
buy a stationary bike off amazon for 100 dollars or craigslist for probably less
sit stationary bike in front of tv or computer
ride stationary bike
no excess stress on joints
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.