[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im just turned 19 and started boxing a few weeks ago. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: avatar58020_1.jpg (1KB, 60x65px)
1KB, 60x65px
Im just turned 19 and started boxing a few weeks ago. I have told noone but i plan on working my ass off and reach for the top.

Now the Question is: Can i still win vs people that have done boxing in their teens?

I am obviously fit, running marathon ( no "good" times, but stamina is there) have quite some muscle and one inch above average height of my weightclass

I plan on doing my best, Anime Style

But i also want to have a realistic view
>>
>>39990655
The realistic view is that boxing requires more than just physical training, you have to have a certain mentality and a bit of brains to be the best.

Tl; dr you'll most likely fail
>>
"most likely fail" is enough chance already,
im gonna be the german champ.
belive it
>>
>>39990655
>Im just turned 19 and started boxing a few weeks ago. I have told noone but i plan on working my ass off and reach for the top.

>start at 19
>reach the top

Too late kid. You've started too late.

>I am obviously fit, running marathon ( no "good" times, but stamina is there)

Boxing/sparring stamina is completely different to running stamina too.
>>
Im also gonna start after turning 19. Im 18 now, but there are no boxing gyms where I live, so I'll start next year, when I move to another city
>>
youll get your shit kicked in by a pikey
>>
>>39991541
>>39991541
>Too late kid

don't listen to these weak fucks ops, do your thing
>>
>>39992804

Of course it's never too late to start and it's good to take up a sport/hobby which satisfies you.

OP in this case however has the delusions of 'reaching the top' and wants a 'realistic view'.

Of course he probably will with some training be able to fight on par with some who have done so for longer but to 'reach the top' in the chuuni way he expressed himself and comes across is pretty farfetched.

Simply being realistic, kid.
>>
>>39990655
There have been boxers that didn't start boxing till they were 21 and they made world champion.
>>
File: good god.png (446KB, 915x720px) Image search: [Google]
good god.png
446KB, 915x720px
>>39990655
reach the top, anon. reach it for us
WE BELIEVE IN YOU
>>
>>39990655
Daniel cormier didn't start MMA till his late 20's. He didn't get a professional fight till 31 and now he holds a title belt.

Granted he was an olympic wrestler, but that don't mean shit for the whole package
>>
>>39992960
well, He was a world class wrestler long before that, so he had a background in combat sports. A lot of those older guys ddidn't start MMA until later, becuase it's a relatively young sport
>>
>>39990729
>German champ
I feel sorry for you if you live in southern Germany or anywhere near Hessen. Literally everyone I know has been doing martial arts and specifically boxing all their youth. Boxing clubs were the teenage meetups back then

No chance there buddy.
>>
File: 738054 - Copy.jpg (3MB, 3932x2588px) Image search: [Google]
738054 - Copy.jpg
3MB, 3932x2588px
>>39990677
This guy gets it

You have to be a hungry predator to make it.
>>
>>39993148
Op here.
Came from training and checked all the replies.

Thanks for those that told me i could do it.

I just stomped the guys who started the same time as me there is that - then got my shit kicked by a 1 head taller guy who already had a few years.

I got stomped.
First Time my head was spinning from hits; he probably saw how aggresiv i sparred against the other guys.

But thats good. Hea far out of my weight class; its fine.

Gonna be the champ guys.

And when i hold the belt

I will ask

> you guys feelin fit today?
>>
>>39990655

See
>>39990677

Also you gotta cut down your social life. Let me tell you something I noticed through years of boxing but never achieving.

Whenever i go down classes the same guys are ALWAYS there. It took me a few years to realize that's because they're there 5 nights a week and nothing else takes priority over boxing.

I ended up in a position where I had nothing but boxing so I fully committed and started training 4 or 5 nights a week and I had MASSIVE improvements in both technique and fitness. Now it feels natural to train 5 days a week and my body doesn't feel fatigued the next day like it used to.

I've got a shoulder injury right now so I'm resting, I went boxing on monday night and I'm already going crazy and it's only thursday. I did some hill sprints yesterday and I did some cycling down the gym today... I seriously couldn't imagine my life without it now I've gotten into the habit of training so often.

Also; I went full cocoon mode and trained 5 nights a week and ended up meeting another cocoon mode lonely girl down there; now we're together and we go training together. After class I go home, get a shower and then go to hers and we have sex. It feels amazing to be around a girl who motivates me to train rather than the previous girls who only ate pizza and wanted to get drunk/do drugs.
>>
File: 762088.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
762088.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
>>39994576
kek do it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.