[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT Eternal New Years edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 389
Thread images: 45

File: hnnnngggg.jpg (61KB, 599x593px) Image search: [Google]
hnnnngggg.jpg
61KB, 599x593px
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
>>
>>39987042
Should I count my daily Omega 3 supp towards the daily fat I should be getting?
>>
About 2 months into SS, most of my lifts are progressing steadily while my diddly and squat are rounding out, I figure it's time to start adding accessories and cardio.

Only issue is I absolutely can't do a chin up. How do I fix this?
>>
>>39987069
yes, though it shouldn't be much.
>>
File: 81misx7UWmL._SL1500_.jpg (178KB, 759x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81misx7UWmL._SL1500_.jpg
178KB, 759x1500px
>>39987042
What's a good trusted brand yohimbine HCl?
Any tips for someone who wants to take it for the first time?
>>
>>39987081
Look up what lyle mcdonald says about it.
>>
When cutting, how much of fat should you be getting? I know you're supposed to be getting 50g or so normally, but when on the cut is 25% of my KC count still good enough?
>>
>>39987118
generally the recommended macro ratio is 30% carbs/30% fat/35% protein
>>
Cardio question

How much Cardio should I be doing whilst I go to the gym?
I cycle about 5 miles to the gym, so relatively warm when I arrive.
Back in high school the coach would always get me to do 10-20mins before I started weights (to warm up?)
I still do this either on a spin bike or rowing machine.
Am I doing too much Cardio if my goal is to gain size and strength?
>>
>>39987070
go on the row machine and the lat pull down machine.
>>
>>39987138
That doesn't add up to 100% dumbfuck
>>
Got into a car accident 1 month before the end of my bulk, busted one of my knees. Still not supposed to put much weight on it, but I wanted to start cutting soon. Any way to keep mass/strength in my legs without being able to go heavy? Or should I just delay the cut?
>>
What do you guy's think if ATHLEAN-X on youtube is he bullshitting or giving good advice.
>>
>>39987179
hur durr 35/30/35 you cunt
>>
>>39987188
if you're gonna be healing for a while anon, you gotta say goodbye to some of those gains. Do what you can but it sounds like most leg and compound exercises are no-gos
>>
Is this good when I wake up I do
Pushup's
Sit-ups
Squats
Lunges, plank for a couple of minutes then crunches hanging push ups and stretches I also do it before bed every night any thing I should add or is this fine.
>>
>>39987195
>on youtube
all bullshit
everything on there is directed at getting clicks and selling shit
>>
>>39987246
Fantastic actually.
Do any kind of stretches?
>>
Link to the ebook dump that had Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding and all that jazz?
>>
>>39987261
Related question. Athlean X recommends an alternate to leg extensions. Are leg extensions that bad for the knees? Also love handle exercises? I know its genetics blah blah..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvLpDniGiDM
>>
>>39987268
I said it after the hanging Pushup's, honestly it's just the stretches I've learned in school growing up in don't know any other.
>>
>>39987113
Thanks! It answered a lot of my questions and gave me more info. And I guess I'll try the brand in the picture to see how that works since they don't bring up a specific brand. Just once that I can't find online.
>>
Is dieting alone have consequences? I've been on a good diet and lost 20lb but now I feel fatigue more often.
>>
>>39987433
Give your height weight and current caloric intake
>>
Is hydroxycut a good fat burner? Also aside from cardio what can I do to cut since last time I lifted I ended up getting gains instead of cutting
>>
File: FB_IMG_1484112258599.jpg (29KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484112258599.jpg
29KB, 720x720px
I'm going crazy. I'm starting SS, and I want to lose body fat. I am 6'1 210lbs, maybe 20something% body fat. I want to lose body fat. I understand that I need to cut my typical caloric intake to lose fat, but SS and other sources say you need to eat MORE calories to fuel my lifts and body's muscle rebuilding. What do I do??
>>
>>39987486
I keep reading about people supposedly gaining weight and bulking (bf not really changing?) with SS, and it's kind of making me panic
>>
So I am 5'11 and weigh about 155lbs. Couple months ago I noticed that if I look down slightly I get a double chin. I never really noticed it before and it really bothers me. I have a huge ass adams apple as well so that doesn't help as it just holds the skin up as well. I currently have a ""beard"" that covers it but my beard doesn't look all that great and I kinda want to clean shave but I am self conscious about the double chin. Is there anything I can do about it?
>>
>>39987141
You can do cardio and still get big and strong, Within reason of course if you are used to riding 5 miles every day doing so before working out probably wont effect you very much. If you have never run in your life doing a tabata session will destroy your capacity to lift weight afterwards. If you eat at a calorie surplus you will gain weight as long as you can lift heavy enough weight enough times.
I prefer to do my cardio either after my lifting or on separate days but whatever floats your boat man.
>>
>>39987486
>>39987522
Here's your problem:

I'm assuming you're supposed to use the exercise calculator, right? Unless you're already /fit/ and exercising with a moderate amount of intensity (lifting heavy), you want to be on a deficit based off your sedentary TDEE.

For you, it'd be just about 2400 calories. A 500 cal deficit from that is 1900 a day.
>>
>>39987632
everybody gets that, it's natural. If you didn't you'd probably be at an unhealthy weight or dead because you'd be a literal skeleton
>>
>>39987486
>>39987522
You are a brand new lifter and you are fat enough to eat a bit above maintenance and not get noticeably fatter. Just make sure you are getting a lot of protein and do some cardio at the end of your workouts the rowing machine is great but run, swim spin machine whatever you like most or hate least.
>>
>>39987632
that's everyone. just like basically everyone has "rolls"/folds on their stomach when sitting down, especially with their legs up. Certain postures are just unflattering.
>>
I have been cutting since I was 300 lbs in Nov 2015. I'm 220 today. My question is, is it realistic for me to gain straight on an eternal cut, or should I just worry about how much I lift/muscle mass when I get to my goal weight ( shooting for 190). My lifts are not going down, they are just not going up.
>>
>>39987844
You get noob gains regardless of whether or not you're losing weight or gaining muscle. You can gain muscle and strength on a cut as a beginner, though it's incredibly slow.
>>
>>39987897

Thanks. Good to know I shouldn't be too concerned about it. Love you.
>>
Recently got my own DDR/ITG machine and substituting that as cardio

Currently able to play 13's and stream 12's

At that level of play I'm sweating buckets by the end of a 6 minute stamina song, but what would be a good way to measure calories burned?

1600-2000 steps at 135-150bpm in about 5-8 minutes
>>
>>39987773
So I'd be okay eating about 1900kcal a day and doing SS? I won't be lacking energy or resources for exercise band recovery? I did some workout stuff before (PF plan, just moved to new gym), and I'd get dizzy and nauseous sometimes, which makes me worried I don't eat enough sometimes.
>>
File: lifttime.jpg (72KB, 830x894px) Image search: [Google]
lifttime.jpg
72KB, 830x894px
6' 200 lbs

Would now be a good time to start cutting if Im looking to go for a 10-15% BF fit look or should I add a few more pounds
>>
>>39987773
>>39987811
How about this: how will I know if I'm not eating enough? What signs should I look out for?
>>
>>39988007

You don't look cut and decent at all until like 10% bf unless you have 'training for a decade seriously' levels of lean mass.

You do not.

Anyways, you should cut, 1000%. Not even up for debate.

It's a meme on this board where people tell fatties and skinnyfats 'haha get fatter, bulk, bulk!' but it's just a meme lol.
>>
>>39988004
>and I'd get dizzy and nauseous sometimes
nausea =/= fatigue. If you're not eating enough, you'll be pretty tired throughout the day. Nausea is more of a sign of eating too close to a workout. I get nauseous if I eat within 2 hours of working out.

>>39988013
feeling tired all the time, sluggishness, no progression to your lifts, etc. You'll know.

>>39988007
Cut, for chrissakes
>>
File: have a good time.gif (1MB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
have a good time.gif
1MB, 500x238px
I'm doing SS+accessories, about to finish my third month of it on Friday.

Is it acceptable to replace cleans with something? I hate doing them. They don't really feel like they're doing much in terms of adding to my strength levels. And they kinda hurt my delts.

What would be an acceptable replacement shoulder exercise? I'm already doing lat raises as an accessory.
>>
>>39987439
Sorry for taking so long but right now I'm 6'1'' at 233. Use to be 255 in October if that can help. I'm taking in right now about 2000 cal a day.
>>
>>39988105
seems like everything's up-to-snuff as far as just calories go. What do your macros look like?
>>
How long does a bulged not herniated disc take to heal and go back into the spine I've been not working out for 3 months
>>
>>39988121
To be honest I am not sure how to do that yet.
>>
>>39988137
Carbs/fat/protein intake. Have you been counting calories?
>>
File: jkmstbqhf.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
jkmstbqhf.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>39987782
>>39987824
Th-thanks guys, just shaved cleaned and it looks awful.
>>
>>39988147
How do you hit your protein goal? I've been coming under for awhile but I'm not sure if its a big deal since I'm losing weight.
>>
So I felt a pop in my hip when I was doing some squats with just the bar for calisthenics and it hurt like fucking crazy. A couple days later and it's mostly subsided, but it feels like the muscles around the hip socket are strained.

How long do I need to be stretching and resting my hip, or rather how long do I have to go before I should do leg day again?
>>
>>39988246
What is your current goal? You're not eating 1g/lb are you?
>>
>>39988256
if any part of your body is painful when you put pressure on it, don't fuck with it. Avoid exercises that utilize it and let it fully heal.
>>
How can you lose body fat while bulking? I know cardio is something you should always do, but I guess I'm not really understanding how that whole process actually works. How does it help to prevent fat gain? Just because you burn the calories that you happen to be eating on a surplus? Doesn't that then mean you won't be making muscle gains since you're not really at a surplus anymore?
>>
>>39988287

The cardio is for health, recovery and generally feeling better. It's not actually going to stop fat gain (outside of whatever changes it makes to your surplus).
>>
>>39988287
As the other anon said, it's impossible to eliminate fat gain on a bulk, even a lean bulk. Cardio is just for health.
>>
>>39987188
Do volume instead, with much smaller rest periods.
>>
>>39988265
Okay :(
>>
>>39987042
who dat doe??
>>
>>39988260
> 1g/lb

Is that bad?
>>
Stretches thatll help me to do the splits
>>
>>39988367
no, just unnecessary, particularly for a beginner.

Several studies have shown that bodybuilders who eat 1g protein per pound of bodyweight had no advantages over ones who ate 0.8g per pound of bodyweight.

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

So in-general, you really only need 0.8g per pound of bodyweight, and probably not even that much if you're a beginner. You said you were 233 pounds right? I'm assuming that's mostly fat, so I'd say you'll probably be fine with 150-160g of protein per day.
>>
>>39988007
You have no muscle
>>
File: IMG_0603.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0603.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm a dyel 6ft 185lbs guy who recently lost 70lbs, so I'm on the right track.

It was my birthday recently and my parents bought me a pretty nice rowing machine for my apt. What's the best way to utilize it? How helpful will it be in my goal of fat loss?
>>
>>39988007
I would lift more
>>
>>39987042
I want her legs to clamp between my penis
>>
>>39988493
honestly an exercise machine is more trouble than it's worth most of the time. They take up a shitload of space and only do one or two exercises.

Personally I'd see if I could sell it and get access to a real gym, but I wouldn't want to be rude either.

>How helpful will it be in my goal of fat loss?
No weight machine has ever assisted in fat loss. Cardio and dieting is the best way.
>>
>>39988538
Wouldn't a air powered rowing machine be more of a cardio workout than a straight up weight machine?
>>
>>39988555
no
>>
File: 1483819859779.jpg (84KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483819859779.jpg
84KB, 960x960px
>>39987042
How do I get a gf?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482040945354.jpg (72KB, 944x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482040945354.jpg
72KB, 944x960px
why does /fit suck so much?
>>
>>39987298
>Are leg extensions that bad for the knees?
yes
>Also love handle exercises? I know its genetics blah blah..

Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>39988610
Leave the house
>>
>>39988493
That's fucking awesome, wish I had one.
Rowing is tip top cardio, just do it on your off days and remember to eat big.
>>
File: 1450376537138.webm (865KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450376537138.webm
865KB, 480x480px
How do I make some personality gains, /fit/?
>>
I am a beginner, is it bad that I go to the gym every single day? I just like it so much, seeing myself progress going from heavier weights to heavier weights. It's been about 2 months, the only time I had off was when I was traveling, right now it's been 2 weeks straight going every single day for about 80 minutes.

Would it really be beneficial to take a day or two off in between? Right now I'm not forcing myself to go - I simply enjoy being at the gym and working out it feels so relaxing (in its own way). But if it's holding my body back from progressing Id rather take time off.
>>
>>39988891

Depends what you're doing. It's probably not optimal but it can be set up that way.
>>
>>39988903

Mostly just using machines to lift, and run on treadmill 15 min out of the 80

Goal is to gain muscle while losing weight, just recently bought some protein powder because of that
>>
>>39988787
You need life experience breh

>>39988942
>Mostly just using machines to lift, and run on treadmill 15 min out of the 80
You are cucking yourself out of progress, read the fucking sticky and do compounds. Doesn't matter if you start with the bar, just do it.

Protein powder ain't shit if your diet is fucked too btw
>>
anyone know a reliable place to get a hold of some mk-677? I'd like to give it a go but i dont want to buy some weak diluted shit
>>
Is it harder to run in the morning than in the afternoon? I'm new to running and I'm cutting for summer and I'm finding that I can go farther after work than before work.
>>
File: hand2.png (915KB, 1043x907px) Image search: [Google]
hand2.png
915KB, 1043x907px
Why are chinups immensely painful and make me feel like the skin on my fingers is going to get ripped off? I don't have this problem with any of my lifts. Even with gloves (which I don't want to use because I kind of feel less secure on the bar when I'm going to failure) there's still some discomfort.

Pic related where I put my hand before I grip the bar and you can kind of see the texture of the bar and its size relative to my hand. Am I doing anything wrong?
>>
>>39989054
Did you just start doing them? For some reason i had this problem but after a few weeks it went away. Also got some sicc callouses out of it and it stretches your arms out which also feels great
>>
/fit/ approx how many calories would 40 minutes of fairly intense cardio (playing centre court in netball) burn?
>>
>>39989139
No it's been almost 3 months now
>>
>>39989054
Because you are weak as shit i guess
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 700x476px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 700x476px
>>39987042
I recently started dead lifting and have gone from 65 feeling like a struggle to 190 being my max. On squats I've recorded myself and the bar path shifts forward. I've assume the reason for this to be quad dominance so instead of doing 5x5 squats and 1x5 Deadlift I've been doing 5x5 Deadlift and 1x5 squat. The bar path has straightened out immensly.

My problem though is that after getting to 165x5 Deadlift, my upper back rounds. I can't seem to fight hard enough to keep my upper back from rounding. Would it be a good idea to lower the weight to say 135 where my upper back doesn't round and do 5x6-8?

The volume is approximately the same and I think it would help strengthen the spinal erectors, after doing this for 1 week, increase the weight 10 lbs @ 5x6-8/session until I hit 165 and then go back to 5x5. I don't know if this is appropriate or what it's doing exactly.

Is there a better way to strengthen the erectors? It's the only thing holding back my DL.
>>
>>39989216
bent over rows helped my deadlifts just holding your back in that position. So higher volume deadlifts would probably help
>>
>>39987042
what are some good deadlift accessories? I try to incorporated RDLs but I want to do more.
>>
>>39989265

Depends what sucks about your deadlift.
>>
Usually working my abs with ab wheel
Do I need any more exercises for it?
>>
>>39989274
having trouble keeping my back straight
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 412x430px
>>39987042
How much progress can I make if I don't go to the gym? I've went for about 3.5 months but made no progress because I want eating enough. It's a small college gym and the staff and regulars started judging me and glaring at me with disgust so now I'm too ashamed to go back unless my lifts have gone up.

I'm 5'11 143lbs btw
>>
>>39989280

Back extensions are always good as a light accessory. Doing your RDLs with a wide grip (use straps) can help a lot with back stability. Strict bent-over rows can be pretty beneficial.

Technique on the deadlift is also really important here. Good lat + ab activation can give you a lot more weight before form breaks down.
>>
>>39988610
NOBODY KNOWS
>>
>>39989298
>Back extensions are always good as a light accessory
what do you mean by light accessory? doing it with light weights?
>>
>>39989263
I'll try that; my 1rm for row is 120. Haven't really been doing rows however.
>>
>>39989338

High reps. It's not a movement that plays nicely with big weights.
>>
>>39989292
Just buy weights and a rack and workout at home?
>>
>>39989346
allright, thanks.
I've actually been doing these with (relatively)high weigths.
Zydrunas said the same thing somewhere, but why is it that it's better with light weight?
>>
>>39989358

Aside from being hard to load, it's a movement where you're deliberately going in and out of spinal flexion. You want to avoid doing that under heavy loads for the same reason you'd normally avoid deadlifting with a round back.
>>
I'm very autistic and have troubles changing my routine

I am willing to put in the effort to add fitness to my routine but everywhere I look I see that you should change your routine if you're not a beginner etc anymore

Is there a routine you can start with and stick with? I'd love to become healthier but changing my life routine is very hard for me
Thank you
>>
>>39987470
good as in effective: yes kinda
good as in a sane, long-term way to lose weight: hell no
>>
>>39987632
Chew fucktons of chewing gum (or lesser fucktons of hard ones like falim) to somewhat tone facial structure in the long run. Besides that, everybody gets what you described, if you're not competition level bf% or have ridiculously tight skin there is no way you can lose it, but that's fine.
>>
>>39989372
Aren't you supposed to keep your back straight throughout the entire movement though?
>>
>>39989404
how long have you been lifting? what are your stats?
you have to help us help you
>>
Does 1/2/3/4 refer to 1 rep maxes?
>>
So I'm a fatass and been losing weight the past few months. Started doing 5x5 SL since I want to build some strength as well. Are SL good while I'm trying to lose eight?

Also, will the squats get easier if I'm less heavy?
>>
>>39989480

Not really. There's two sort of 'back raise/back extension' movements. One is straight backed and is more or less equivalent to an RDL or similar, the other involves deliberate rounding and straightening to target the erectors as the main muscle rather than the hamstrings (and is more or less like a stiff-legged DL, although both versions of this back raise are much lighter movements than any sort of deadlift)
>>
>>39989292
>and the staff and regulars started judging me and glaring at me with disgust so now I'm too ashamed to go back
the fuck is wrong with some people
>>
>>39989482
I'm sorry but you can say I'm a total beginner
not a fatty, I do 30 mins of cardio everyday and 1 hour every saturday and sunday
Regardless of how much I lift, I need a routine that I don't have to change again even if I improve a lot. only changing reps and weights maybe
>>
>>39989404
Find a bodyweight progression you like and stick with it, just add reps and weights when you master it. I've been doing the same for about two years (can't link on mobile unfortunately) and never looked back. Progress is of course slower but you sound like you'll not mind that. Keep tuned for other anons' suggestions towards actual lifting though if that is your wish.
>>
How the fuck do I use MyFitnessPal? It asks me how many times I exercise a week before determining my TDEE. But then I can add my workout to each day so I'll get a bigger minus of calories a day than what I'm actually on, since the workouts have been accouned for twice. Or am I misunderstanding something?
>>
>>39989556
put sedentary, only add specific workouts. not the fine polite way to go but it overestimates greatly otherwise.
>>
>>39989545
take a look at wendlers 5/3/1 program. there are fuck all variations, but just the basic one will take you from beginner to advanced, even if it's slower than molasses in winter
you'll be progressing painfully slow at first, but it will take months if not years for you to hit a progress wall and have to do something different, and you literally will never have to change
>>
File: Dev_Worm.jpg (263KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dev_Worm.jpg
263KB, 1000x1000px
>>39987632

Embrace it.
>>
My friend who taught me everything I know about lifting is gifted with always being shredded and never needing to cut or bulk. He just constantly eats a lot and stays lean. Me on the other hand, I need to bulk and cut. No big deal. But I've always done 6 month cycles. Start cutting in spring for dat summer body and bulking in the fall.

What are all of your cycles? I've heard of some people cycling bulk and cuts every two weeks. That seems insane to me. Monthly cycle switches seem okay but I wanna know all of your guys' thoughts.
>>
File: 20170112_121511[1].jpg (802KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170112_121511[1].jpg
802KB, 2560x1536px
Do I have any reasonable chance of improving my frame, or will further lifting only build upon this bodyshape? In other words: is it possible for me to go from banana to V-taper like a swimmer?

I've been lifting for 3 and a half months so I keep telling myself that I'm only just beginning, but I'm 6'3 so I guess it would be normal for me to have an elongated torso.
>>
>>39988555
yes it's cardio, don't mind that fucker
>>
>>39989595
I'd always just eaten whatever felt good for the first 2 years i lifted, never got serious about lifting or dieting though. As of now I'm on month 5 of my bulk, with another 5 to go. I just bulk until there is a convenient time to stop or I hit my training goals.
>>
>>39989595
roids
>>
>>39989655
It's called having good metabolism. All Chads manage to stay lean despite partying 2-3 times a week and not giving a shit about diet.
>>
>>39989605
What do you weigh?
>>
>>39989675
78kg, or 172lbs
>>
>>39987042
Hi current fatty here

Is it possible that after years of abuse my stomach could be larger than the normal person's? I feel like I can eat more than most people, in addition to my lack of will, of course.

Pls respond
>>
>>39989655
>>39989669
Some people are just lucky enough to have an appetite for the right amount of the right foods
>>
>>39989669
no he asked about our cycles and mine are literally roids.
>>
>>39989553
Thanks I'll look into it
>>
>>39989684
yeah that's why stomach staple surgery is so effective
>>
>>39989696
Okay so am I fucked without the surgery?
>>
>>39989702
no, your stomach can naturally shrink over time
>>
Creatine yes or no?
And do I use a loading phase or not?
And do i use it forever or for like a month cycle?
Total newb here sorry
>>
>>39989567
But I thought the muscle building mostly pushed in the next day? So I'll eat too few calories the day after?

I'm currently trying to eat at a 500 calorie deficit while doing stronglifts and playing football (soccer for u americans) 2 times a week. I've been skinnyfat and want to get back that jawline and those cheekbones which has suffered a little from my college days. I want to eat at a level where I'll lose fat (slowly is no problem) but not lose muscle and if possible, add muscle.
>>
>>39989683
>>39989605
pls respond
>>
>>39989754
>Creatine yes or no?
Up to 5% increase in strength which is not much, but a basic crea monohydrate (do not buy anything else) is fucking dirt cheap. Downsides is some water retention for a select few people.
>And do I use a loading phase or not?
No. 5g a day, take whenever.
>And do i use it forever or for like a month cycle?
Forever. No harm in stopping either but yaknow, dirt cheap and little to no downsides.
>>
>>39989605
can't tell if it's the angle of the picture or you have no lats. obviously if you want a V-taper you need lats. do pull ups and rows. or swim.
>>
>>39989778
It should even out in the long run, week-wise. I do some math myself and just use MFP because I am too stressed to note down meals otherwise so ymmv.
>>
When should i add accessories to my SS routine?, what exercises i should be doin with them.
>>
>>39989510
thanks a lot!
normally, today would be lower day, but since my hip is hurting i'm going to skip squats and focus on deadlift accessories.
>>
>>39989805
thanks alot. Are there any differences between creatine monohydrate? (Like quality difference) or does any monohydrate perform equally well?
>>
>>39989890
Not much. Optimum Nutrition or MyProtein if US, ESN if Europe. Best bang for the buck, I recommend ordering bulk (like 2kg or so) to save money because creatine doesn't really spoil (save incorrect storage for years).
>>
>>39989890
>>39989902
Remember to keep hydrated though. A gallon of water or unsweetened tea a day. Too little hydration while taking creatine can lead to light problems, but you should keep hydrated enough by default anyway so why even mention.
>>
DYEL here, started on Friday at 6'0" 75KG

Weighed myself this morning at 73.9KG, 1.1KG in just under a week.

I am aiming to be 70KG before the end of February, should I change my eating habits much as I get lower? Does it change by a lot?
>>
Would incorporating some push presses when I can help a little with minor OHP gains?
>>
>>39989922
yes
>>
>>39989860
Whenever you want chief, chin/pull ups, dips, barbell rows or any other rowing variant, dumbell bench, dumbell press, incline bench, leg press, lunges, romanian dead lifts, glute ham raises, back extenstions, shrugs, front squat
>>
Linear progression my ass.

4 days ago:
>1x10 Standing press 10kg
>1x10 Standing press 20kg
>1x5 Standing press 30kg
>1x8 Standing press 32.5kg

today:
>1x5 Standing press 30kg
>1x7 Standing press 32.5kg

And yes, i'm overfeeding myself. And eating tons of whey.
>>
>>39990196
Did anything else happen in those 4 days?
>>
>>39990219
I did a routine 2 days ago. Following SS with a single rest day between routines.
And i occasionally run on rest days.
>>
>>39990244
Where in SS do you do that type of Set progression its work up to 3 sets of 5?
>>
>>39990261
>what are warmup sets
>>
>>39990271
So you failed on a warm up set?
>>
>>39990279
No
>1x5 Standing press 30kg
Are all warmup sets. Than i put on 32.5kg and lift until failure.
My point is, 4 days ago, failure occurred after 8 reps. Today it occurred after 7.
>>
>>39990289
yeah because you aren't supposed to go to failure on SS
>>
>>39990307
If i start with a lower weight, say 20kg, and increase 2.5kg every week, its just going to end up at 32.5kg again.
I already did that anon. Its just wasting time making you feel better for 'progressing' when actually you're not getting any stronger.
>>
>>39990330
Same workouts just aren't as good. May be tired or did to much at work that day. Could be tired. It's one workout carry on trust me you will have days worse than that
>>
>>39990330
Could be stressed didn't mean to say tired twice
>>
>>39990330
why don't you just do SS as written in the book instead of the stupid shit you're currently doing?
>>
>>39990330
Well you aren't getting stronger doing what you are doing either. I am no great fan of SS but don't say a program isn't working while you are doing it wrong. Do 5/3/1 if you want to do sets till failure.
>>
>>39989569
*beyond 5/3/1
Regular 5/3/1 is fucking PAINFULLY SLOW
>>
>>39990354
>>39990358
>>39990359
>>39990364
I just finished the standing press and i guess it was just the first set that was worse

4 days ago
>1x8 Standing press 32.5kg
>1x6 Standing press 32.5kg
>1x4 Standing press 32.5kg

today
>1x7 Standing press 32.5kg

All of them to failure. That's 2 reps more on the last set. We'll see how it goes 4 days from now.
If you don't lift to failure, you have no idea if you're actually improving or just reaching your max.
So this is much better to track progress.
>>
>>39990426
>If you don't lift to failure, you have no idea if you're actually improving or just reaching your max.
this is the stupidest shit I've heard all day.
>>
What are some alternatives for OHP? I have a pretty bad ligament injury in my wrist that makes it extremely painful to bend the wrist back or put too much pressure on it.
>>
Realistically lose 33lbs by may eith eating at a deficit?
155lbs 5'1, bmi obese. Eating at a little under 1200cal
Injury doesnt allow me to lift much, wrists are fucked, ankle is fucked, lower back is fucked. First walking/jogging in intervals today, went further than I had expected, apparently burnt 300calories but I think thats unusually high for what I did?
>>
Any good apps to track strength exercise calories burnt. Not gonna include it in my diet but curious to how much I burn during my lifts?
>>
>>39990439
Why? Anon i've gone through strictly following the 3x5. No more no less than 5 reps. It always ends the same.
You start with some small weight, you add a few kg each week, and when you reach your max, you deload.
The problem is though, the max doesn't change. You always end up at the same number. And its incredibly hard to actually see physical progression, unless you count deloading, and going through the whole add a few kg each week as progression.
What i'm doing here however, by lifting to failure, i only add weight when i reach a certain number of reps.
This way i'm not adding weight too slow, or too fast, but as fast as i actually progress.
>>
Opinions on Kali Muscle?

Opinions on Ramen (with and without the seasoning)
>>
>>39990473
I'm with u anon. It's what I do then once I hit 10 sets I chuck on 5 more lbs and restart till I can do 3x10 and add more or if it feels really light In first set I'll add even more. Prob shit program but fuck the police
>>
>>39990478
Kali: fun to watch, idiotic to take as inspiration
Ramen: why not just shovel pure sodium into your gullet
>>
File: 1345839246706.png (40KB, 901x749px) Image search: [Google]
1345839246706.png
40KB, 901x749px
I have never been fat and I consider myself to be a healthy person, I don't have a diet but I don't eat "fast foot", sodas or stuff like that (I don't like sweet, salty or oily foot, just a taste thing), I think the most "unhealthy" thing I drink or eat is beer I guess. I've been at the gym for 8 months and I've been having pretty good progress, the trainer who works with me told me a few months back that I don't really need to go and get a diet, he says that I lose the fat I need to lose, I gain the muscle I'm suppose to be getting, etc.

The gym just hired a nutritionist and getting a diet program from her is included in the package. I've been thinking about getting a diet from her, but, is it worth it? will a diet help me to get a better progress?
>>
So after DOMS is gone, the only thing i feel now is muscles being hard as rock after a workout.
Like literally, they're hard and stiff.

That happens every time forever right? Even after you get used to working out regularly?
>>
>>39987042
I am a sack of shit, I'm thin but feel like only have fat in the body to the point that a warm up for a normal person tires me out, what the fuck should I do? Cardio only for now?
>>
>>39990529

Your diet should BE a diet.
>>
Since my hobbies are pretty much all done sitting at a desk and my job that I'll be starting in a year or so will also involve almost moving around as well I've been trying to go on runs and doing some simpel exercises at home just to get some movement in. squats and sit-ups/crunches are getting along fairly well, but I want to kill myself every time I start doing push-ups. My arms are like extra soggy noodles and I can't even do more than 4 push-ups in a row. How can I improve my myself so that I'll be able to do more push-ups/ work out my arms/upper body.

Job is Assistant librarian/archivist, if anyone's wondering. Not the most exciting thing in the world, but it's a stable job and I'll get to handle neat old books.
>>
>>39990454
bls resbond
>>
Since there are no more martial arts generals, how do a beginner acquire endurance? I run out of air too quickly. Couch to 5k helps? What else?
>>
>>39990826
Sorry to ask but since this is anonymous, how much do you make?
>>
>>39987179
Looks like you aren't one of the 5%...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
Are sloped noses good looking on men?
>>
>>39990932
It's hard to say since I'm not actually working there yet. I did my internship this year and they were already dropping hints of wanting to hire me. And with hints I mean that they've all but tried shoving a contract in my face. I'll be doing my second internship there next year as well and then I'll actually start working there right after the end of my training if things go according to plan.

I'll probably be looking at something around 1000-1100 euro net salary when starting out, a nice chunk more if the guy who updates their database/website goes on pension and I get to take over his job as well. Them's the perks of being young and computer literate in a work field full of people over 50.

It's also a school library for a large part, so I'll get wednesday afternoons off and a lot less work during school holidays. It's a pretty nice deal to be honest.
>>
Any good reads for a beginner or a new-comer?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1472723233541.jpg (50KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472723233541.jpg
50KB, 750x750px
At what weight should the power clean be compared to the other main compound moves? According to the examples in the SS book they're the same as OHP but I tried power cleans for the first time this week and could easily do 1pl8 for 5 reps (didn't darw trying more as I only did as warmups for diddlys) while I struggle with 50kg OHP. I know there's no correct answer but I'd like to know some examples of stats so I know what to aim at.
>>
Not really fitness related, but are there any good websites/forums where normies write about how they get laid?
reading such stories motivates me and seems to be more helpful than autistic PUA advices
>>
>>39990908
Bumping.
>>
Is it normal to look close to ottermode in the bathroom mirror close up but looking DYEL, especially chest wise, a a table's length in another room?
>>
>>39990751
Pics?
>>
File: 202017.jpg (45KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
202017.jpg
45KB, 450x450px
Should I be supplementing fiber? My diet isn't especially fiber-rich.
>>
>>39987042
If you workout in the morning before work and/or school
What do you do for breakfast? Do you eat before or after?
>>
>>39987118

I've found it useful not to try to hit a certain macro ratio when cutting, instead try:
1.2 g/lb protein (however much that ends up being)
25% fat
the rest carbs.

For me it ends up being around 45% protein / 25% fat / 30% carbs
>>
Is it beta to use the shorter water fountain at the gym? I always see guys waiting to use the taller water fountain, completely ignoring the other one next to it.
>>
What are the pros/cons/benefits of different training sets?

Pyramid, Reverse Pyramid, Ramping, Straight sets, etc.
>>
File: 1476481194339.png (556KB, 1000x1210px) Image search: [Google]
1476481194339.png
556KB, 1000x1210px
what I'd the best myprotein impact isolate flavor?

I just ordered chocolate smooth and rocky road. should I have gotten a different one?
>>
Can I get noob gains from machines and dumbells? None of the gyms near me have anything for squats,deadlifts or even bench presses and the gyms that do are like two hours away in light traffic. I've managed to get down to skelly mode (Skinnyfat 5"9,165 lbs to 125lbs) but I don't know where to start with what's available to me.
>>
>>39991937
I'm under the opinion that none of their shit is good. It's very clearly advertised here by "fellow anons" and the only real advantage is the price of it.

I can tell you what flavors not to get because I didn't like any of them: Strawberry Cream, Chocolate Caramel, Chocolate Coconut.
>>
>>39990456
Yes, you can lose weight by eating at a deficit. It's the only way to lose weight. 300 calories is unlikely that you burnt unless you were out for an hour and a half
>>
Best ways to reduce man tits? Been hitting more Pull downs, bench press, and push ups while also trying to cut. However with all the weight I've lost my tits have just become more defined. Should I just save up for surgery?
>>
>>39991466
What's your excuse for not eating vegetables/beans/potatoes?

>>39991500
Have a shake or something preworkout/intraworkout, real meal post workout

>>39991894
It's beta to care what gym randos think about you. I use the short one if the tall one's occupied because fuck I'm thirsty and I got shit to do

>>39991920
straight sets--easier to notate lifts and track progress, lack of AMRAP means you are probably leaving reps in the tank especially on the first set or two

Pyramid--every set is a warmup set until the top set unless you're going to failure with the lighter weights in which case strength gains are impacted for the top set

Reverse pyramid--fresher for your heavy set but have to make sure to warm up sufficiently. This is my favorite way to train, back-off sets after heavy sets for volume, time efficient, good pump
>>
>>39992015
Get this concept of noob gains the fuck out of your head

Use DBs and bodyweight and then machines after, train hard, 6-12 rep range, 3-4 sets per exercise, 3-6 exercises per session, 4-6 sessions per week

And fucking eaaaaaaaaaaaat
>>
Am I still DYEL? By what I'm reading on /fit/ your average Joe after year and a half of training looks like Zyzz and easily hits 1/2/3/4 for reps.

After this time I'm still on 1/2/2/3 for singles.

Also what do you think about how I look?
>>
>>39990472
it's impossible to estimate because there are so many varying factors between everyone. The only way to get a good estimate is under observation. I'd say just assume (if you're a beginner) think that 1 hour of lifting is about 130-150 cal.

>>39990478
Ramen is a nice treat but realize it has literally zero nutritional value, it's pure carbs with no vitamins, minerals, protein, or otherwise. It's about as unhealthy as it gets. Even a big mac is a better choice at that point.

>>39990703
More or less. If you don't already you should be doing some basic stretches a couple times a week.

>>39990751
>>39991012
read the fucking sticky

>>39990826
The simplest answer if you won't join a gym is keep doing it. The more often you do these sets of exercises the more often your body will let you push yourself a little further.

>>39991466
just eat more fibrous foods. Unless you're having trouble shitting you probably don't need a supplement.

>>39992132
Just wait it out. Could be gyno, could be nothing. No reason to freak out now.
>>
>>39992186
Your physique isn't impressive at all, but you never stated how long you've been lifting.

and a lot of people in the CBT started out with an alright physique to begin with, so they were able to gain more muscle than say a fat guy would in a year.
>>
>>39991937
rocky road is acceptable, rest is garbage. only advantage is price
>>
>>39992268
I lift pretty casually for a year and a half and not really watching my diet since I feel pretty comfortable in my 18 to 20 percent body fat. I'm hitting gym four times a week, doing mostly compounds and I don't want to sacrifice more time, because gym isn't that important to me and I still feel that I'm looking good, because maybe one or two of my friends lift at all.

I'm just wondering if /fit/, and 4chan for extension, is really filled with autists that lift six times a week, eat only what papa Rippetoe says and there's no normies like me, who like to lift some weight to feel strong, or just stronger than others, look better, and gym it's just one of many things they do.
>>
File: sveta.png (750KB, 599x603px) Image search: [Google]
sveta.png
750KB, 599x603px
>>39987042

I know you can't spot reduce fat and all but is there some secret to burning love handles and the little pooch below my belly button?

I went from 260 to 220 (6'3") and lost quite a bit of fat but those two areas hardly lost anything. What gives? Poor bloodflow? insulin sensitivity?
>>
>>39992330
Does it matter? People lift because it's a passion here, they want to look better and get stronger. Rippletoe's advice and diets are really just for beginners and most people start building their own routines once they get strong enough.

>>39992358
The secret is that you're still fat. Keep cutting.
>>
I want to recall reading a comic or whetever on fit that had an inclusion of trappy

anyone have it or can find it? I've tried but havent found shit.
>>
>>39992391
It doesn't really bothers me that much, but it made me doubt everything that people here says about their physique.
On any other board about hobbies there are mostly people that are intermediate or semi-intermediate in knowledge or skills with few really passionate freaks, like /ck/, /p/ or /mu/ for example.

But on /fit/ 90% of people claim that they're lifting 2/3/4/5 for reps, laugh at people who aren't and look like Schwarzenegger in his prime, while still being autists.

>hahaha, i lift 2/3/4/5 for reps and look like greek god, but i'm still kissless virgin. amirite, guys xdDDDDD?
>>
>>39992491
>/mu/
no

Otherwise spot on.
>>
Are there preferred brands for equipment? e.g. Non-shitty practices brands, good qual, and the likes?

Like I got some Harbinger wraps and I'd like to pick up my own belt soon but I don't think I should go super cheap like Harb.
>>
>>39987486

>beginner lifter
>210lbs at 6'1
>20%

lul try 35% bud
>>
>>39992566
elitefts bands are gooood
>>
>>39988007
bulk
>>
File: 10954916_2.jpg (59KB, 800x1007px) Image search: [Google]
10954916_2.jpg
59KB, 800x1007px
>>39987042
This thread still alive?

what are good hypertrophy programs for beginners?
Im trying to enter a contest for bodybuilding- and I just need to look huge, ABSOLUTE strength isnt necessarily the short term goal ( i will be training for that after the contest is over, however)
>>
>>39992639
Don't follow a program, learn principles and then design something that fits your needs

Lift 6 days/week
Hit muscles 2-3x/week
3-6 sets/exercise
3-20 reps/set
3-6 exercises/day
>>
>>39992639
HST, Cluster HST if you have preexisting high-intensity lifting experience, which I doubt.
>>
>>39992671
No rest days? So i'll be using lower weights, then. Ok , I can do that.

>>39992680
Have not had high intensity training before, youre right.
Any specific articles or books I should google?
>>
>>39992734
>no rest days
week got 7 days brutha

>>39992734
>hypertrophyspecific.com/hst_index.html
read all of that shit (all pages) to get a general idea, then either follow his original plan or adjust as needed. do not attempt cluster version (separately googled for info) if you're not seriously experienced.
>>
>>39992767
Damn, im out of it- I read that as seven days, not six.

Im still in the beginners stage, so I'll put the cluster aside for now. I will read everything.

Yall are awesome.
Thank you.
>>
>>39992498
I'm talking about threads with actual musicians, not people who talk about music.

There are some neat threads like guitar generals.
>>
>>39992153
Thanks. When your talking about backoff sets do you just do the 1 heavy set and back off from there or do you do a couple max weight sets?
>>
>>39992813
Don't hurt yourself, this stuff is brutal if you're used to less. Eat adequately, hydrate, only do light LISS cardio (I for one swim but take it slow) on rest days.
>>
>>39992821
Depends on how the first one goes honestly haha and how I'm feeling. If I thought it felt light or I could fix my technique, I'll do 2-3 sets. But I back off in pretty small increments, taking like ten pounds off the resistance for 3-4 sets
>>
>>39992815
I meant the
>intermediate or semi-intermediate in knowledge
part. Literally all of /mu/ listens to entry level hipster garbage. As for actual skills, yeah, they have some fantastic people there, but that's not what I meant.
>>
File: 1376084223679.jpg (133KB, 468x484px) Image search: [Google]
1376084223679.jpg
133KB, 468x484px
>>39992840
Can do. Im recovering from a smaller injury from last year, I'm taking it as carefully as I can.
Would an elliptical be ok? Or a bike?
Thanks, again!
>>
Will I achieve juicy quads without doing squats?
>>
>>39992883
If you're still recovering, either take it veeeery light with the weights (even if that kinda goes against the general idea tbqh) or do a simple brosplit until you are up to your usual groove. Don't want to hurt yourself with overdoing it mate. As for cardio, elliptical should be ok yeah.
>>
I cant drink coffee or green tea anymore, whats a good pre workout supplement to give me a little bit of extra energy ?
>>
>>39992901
You certainly could. Leg press with your heels hanging off the bottom of the pad and quad extension machine while in hip extension will take you a very long way
>>
>>39992916
Why not just take a caffeine pill?
>>
>>39987070
how much do you weight and whaet are your main lifts
>>
File: IMG_1743.jpg (93KB, 467x829px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1743.jpg
93KB, 467x829px
Is this depth respectable?
>>
File: dead the man- born the god.jpg (127KB, 417x600px) Image search: [Google]
dead the man- born the god.jpg
127KB, 417x600px
>>39992912
I'm back, got called away.

>If you're still recovering, either take it veeeery light with the weights (even if that kinda goes against the general idea tbqh) or do a simple brosplit until you are up to your usual groove.
Cool- I'll start light and work my way up, for a few months.

> As for cardio, elliptical should be ok yeah.
Perfect!
Thanks, man.
>>
I started bulking 2 weeks ago. Every time i had to put anything im my mouth, i felt sick and nauseous.
But now, i'm actually hungry again during the day. I'm still eating the same amount of calories.

Does this mean i'm still not eating enough?
>>
>>39992996
A touch high by my standards
>>
>>39992996
No you need to go past parrallel
>>
File: 1481934618815.jpg (89KB, 500x721px) Image search: [Google]
1481934618815.jpg
89KB, 500x721px
Ok since i've been bulking and putting on weight I have lost reps in exercises like chin ups.
My back has clearly gotten more muscular but now I can barely do 8 clean reps on chin ups.
My question is,isn't the exercise now more effective since I will be like doing it with more weight and actually build more muscle because the body will try to adapt to this new challenge??
>>
>>39992996
Hip crease above knees. Red lights.
>>
I've been getting pains in my chest and sternum area after doing heavy sets of weighted dips. Am I doing some serious damage?
>>
>>39992996
crease of the hip should be level with the knee for proper depth.

the flesh of the thigh being level with the knee is how people fool themselves into thinking they're hitting depth. you see it everywhere.
>>
>>39993032
Yeah you're still making progress probably. 7 reps at 180 lb is better than 8 reps at 170 for example
>>
>>39992996
Lower, faggot.
>>
>>39992967
5'11" 175 as of this morning

Lifts:

Squat 3x5 200 lbs
Deadlift 1x5 240 lbs
OHP 3x5 (currently failing on last set) 85 lbs
Bench Press 3x5 105 lbs
Power Cleans 5x3 110 lbs

Chin ups negatives 1x as many as I can do (maybe 3 or 4)

I've also been using the bars in pic related. Are they bad? I've never been able to do proper chin ups.
>>
>>39993017
are you actually counting your calories or just pretending?

If you were counting, you wouldn't ask this question.
>>
>>39993015
Anytime. Post competition pics when over.
>>
>>39993043
Discontinue would be my advice. Unlikely that you've done anything extremely serious but continuing to do something that causes pain is a bad idea and I've seen folks have lingering issues from dips. Great exercise not for everyone unfortunately.
>>
File: 1473682987635.jpg (132KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473682987635.jpg
132KB, 640x640px
>>39993049
I thought as much so it's actually not a waste of time trying to bring my reps up.I figured If I can get into the same rep range when gaining weight as when I was lean then my numbers will most likely double when I cut again
>>
File: muscle-man.jpg (159KB, 291x781px) Image search: [Google]
muscle-man.jpg
159KB, 291x781px
Fatty here, evertime I run on my off days or to warm up I get a pain in blemish in pic related, I went a straight week running everyday for 1.5 miles with no pain, rested, came back and got the pain. Ive taken days off, rested, but everytime I go back to running it arises again.

Could this be caused by old shoes (they are handme downs but not beatup), bad form, or no stretching (i do some but not a ton considering I run for a short distance)

Help boys im getting discouraged.
>>
>>39993068
I'm eating the exact same thing every day, so yes.
It varies only by ~100 calories since eggs come in all different shapes and sizes.
>>
>>39993087
Also when its bad I cant bend my toes.
>>
>>39993053
and I mean unassisted negatives, not the ones with the seat that pushes you back up
>>
File: 10192774_1.jpg (121KB, 1000x1248px) Image search: [Google]
10192774_1.jpg
121KB, 1000x1248px
>>39993071
>Post competition pics when over.
I will do this!
Im so psyched.
See you in May!
>>
>>39993098
So you have a journal where you're counting and weighing everything you eat, correct?
>>
>>39993087
>fatty
exhibit a
>old shoes (they are handme downs but not beatup)
christ don't, everybody has different foot structure and you're essentially forcing yours into the one of the person you got them from. don't be a jew and invest in good shoes faggot
>bad form
most likely
>no stretching
dynamic stretches before, static after. jogging warmups and cooldowns too

>>39993127
Godspeed.
>>
I'm doing starting strength but I'm struggling with squats with the bar should I keep doing them without it or do another exercise for a while I build some basic muscle
>>
>>39993087
>>39993108
How fat are you? You could be fucking up your joints if you're over a certain BF%
>>
>>39993142
Can you point me to the direction of proper form, ive seen different videos with different gists.
>>
>>39992862
I agree that /mu/ have shit taste in music. That's my only hobby, that I cannot discuss on 4chan.

Good thing that most of my friends are musicians and have great taste in music.
>>
>>39993147
keep doing squats faggot, your body isn't used to the exercise. Work on form and make sure you're breathing correctly
>>
File: squat.png (487KB, 467x794px) Image search: [Google]
squat.png
487KB, 467x794px
>>39992996
Assuming the green line is parallel to the ground.
>>
>>39993150
5'10 218lb
>>39993142
Also another question what are considered good shoes, im assuming any ugly as fuck asics and not faux running nike shoes correct?
>>
>>39993137
It would contain equal entries for every day, so no need.
>>
>>39993154
>>39993179
literally google proper jogging form. as for shoes, depends on your foot structure, weight, and ankle mobility, so go to a sports store and do that idiotic test they use to recommend shoes.
>>
>>39993200
count your calories faggot, start measuring your food. It's very likely you're eating less than you think.
>>
>>39993211
Thank you.
>>
>>39993156
Same here tbqh. Not that I mind, makes trolling easier.
>>
>>39993175
i appreciate you
>>
>>39993179
>faux running nike shoes
nigger they do make actual running shoes too, good ones even. the brand was just taken off sports focus because it is worn as status symbols by basketball americans
>>
>>39993280
well i meant lines like roshes in particular, but im sure they do have great running shoes.
>>
>>39993315
yeah. show me one nigger honestly playing competitive basketball in air jordans nowadays, same principle. but they do have good stuff (although there is better on the market by now).
>>
Any tips to getting parallel for squats? Finally got the courage to do them and I can't go low without freaking out that I'm going to collapse
>>
How do I count the calories I burn during lift days? I dont wanna under or over feed on calories.
>>
>>39993407
learn proper form like a normal person would.

box squats will help you to learn to sit back properly.

most people new to squatting aren't "sitting back" and focus too much on bending at the knees.
>>
>>39993407
Do box squats to learn how to sit back and down
>>
>>39993407
practice bodyweight, practice with just the bar, work back up to your current max

>>39993429
You don't. You can very roughly estimate them but that's about it. The way to find out is count calories and measure your weight weekly. If you're not getting the desired result, add or subtract 150 calories.
>>
>>39993315
I run/jog in nike train speed 4s. Love em light and feel great on my feet when running. Never any ankle pain or issues just that good calf soreness the next day boii
>>
>>39993448
>>39993463
>>39993466
Thank you, will try these out tomorrow
>>
>>39993470
do not recommend such light uncushioned shoes to a self-confirmed fattie

otherwise great shoes, yup
>>
>>39993466
What about newb gainz I'm cutting pretty heavy and only lost 2 lb in 3 weeks but i look way leaner and can tell my muscles are getting closer to edge of skin just by feeling around. Could I be losing fat and gaining slight mass??
>>
>>39993503
I didn't know he was heffer. Prob shouldn't jog at all. Just walk bro but walk far and long
>>
I'm gaining strength really fast and I'm fairly strong by my gym's standards, but I look mediocre at best. What is to blame? Can I have low T and quickly build strength nevertheless?
>>
>>39993504
>What about newb gainz I'm cutting pretty heavy and only lost 2 lb in 3 weeks
you're not cutting heavy if you're losing less than a pound per week. Hell, you're not even cutting standard. You're cutting light.
>>
>>39993529
are you doing SS?
>>
>>39993053
>>39992967
>>39987070
plx
>>
>>39993541
Nope. By "strong" I don't mean just squats or deadlifts. I do both compounds and accessories with decent weights.
>>
>>39993560
you could just be fat anon.
>>
>>39993538
Idk how tdee 3100 cutting at 2. And trust me it's way fucking less than I would normally eat. Way less. Was 198 now about 195.5 that's fully dressed after I drink coffee and after I shit. Probably not best measurements now that I think about it
>>
>>39993581
again, you're not cutting heavy if you're losing less than a pound per weak. The results speak louder than the claims.
>>
File: fNY9GGCl.jpg (43KB, 640x635px) Image search: [Google]
fNY9GGCl.jpg
43KB, 640x635px
>>39993576
Eh, not ripped at all, but not fat either imo
>>
>>39988007
You should start lifting
>>
>>39993594
Fuck anything less is cray how low should I go 1800?
>>
>>39993634
calm down anon. What is your current routine? How long are your gym sessions and how heavy do you lift?

Also, height/weight

I get the feeling you're horrendously overestimating your calories.
>>
File: bulk.png (50KB, 1419x100px) Image search: [Google]
bulk.png
50KB, 1419x100px
If I'm skinnyfat do I need to cut heavy?

I'm 6'1 178. I was thinking just might do a very slight cut and continue lifting.

How accurate is this guy?
>>
>>39993651
Using my phone to track it. I'm alil over 6' I'm doing a 3 day split. 6x a week with 1 day of jogging usually 3 to 4 miles. Upper body session is my longest at about hour and half. Leg day shortest because that's all I do that day at about 45 mins. Sometimes instead of the second leg day in a week I will sub with a long jog. Hate working legs makes me wanna pass out and puke
>>
>>39987179
>he doesn't know about the secret macros
>>
>>39993675
partially retarded, but the comments on strength are somewhat true. You will gain noob gains no matter what you do, so if you need to cut, do it. It will be slower than bulking but the point isn't to gain muscle and fat.

>>39993598
You've got some extra pudge but you're not fat. Prolly 18% BF I'd say? I wouldn't say you look bad if you're fishing for compliments. Keep doing what you're doing and cut when you're ready.

>>39993719
You forgot your weight. It also sounds like you could be doing too fucking much with 6 days of multi mile-long jogs and lifting 3x a week.
>>
File: 1484104490763.jpg (256KB, 1191x473px) Image search: [Google]
1484104490763.jpg
256KB, 1191x473px
is this routine shit?

i dont do the abs or forearm curls
>>
>>39993743
Weigh 195 lb. And it's usually once a week jog. But my pants are getting looser and I look thinner just not so much reflection in the scale lmao I work construction so I had some mass previously.
>>
How many calories are in chicken breast? Googling gives me results ranging from 90 to almost 200. Is there any reliable source? Same applies to protein content.

Please don't use meme/made up units, let's stick to grams.
>>
>>39993777
roughly 100 cal per 100g and about 21g of proton
>>
I just ate ~1000 calories of chocolate covered peanuts.

It was just suppose to be a light snack

:/
>>
Use creatine on a cut?
>>
>>39993779
>>39993779
have you weighed your chicken breast?

how is google, or anyone else supposed to know how many calories are in some non-specific amount of chicken breast

There's not a one size fits all chicken breast.
>>
>>39993745
Too many exercises, too many series. There should be around 20 sets.
>>
File: 1347756612147.png (94KB, 306x243px) Image search: [Google]
1347756612147.png
94KB, 306x243px
I want to run but it's raining out.

What do? I could drive to the gym but that seems like a waste of gas.
>>
I don't eat much because I don't have an appetite, but I'm not skinny nonetheless (68kg/180cm). Should I expect any results if I do 10 push-ups, squats everyday for the next months?
>>
>>39993827
I mean numbers per 100g, they vary a little to much for me.
>>
>>39993827
most foods can be standardized per 100g breh
>>
>>39993834
never gonna make it
>>
>>39993777
so you're doing a 3-day split 6-days a week, a weekly job at 6'0" and 195 lbs and trying to lose weight, correct?

It's tough to estimate exercise through a calculator, but I'd say you burn 2600-2800 per day based on that. Could be lower or higher based on a variety of reasons, but regardless of anything it's up to you to find what calorie amount is right for you. If you're not losing the weight you want, subtract another 150 cal from your diet. Continue until you're losing a rate you like.

>>39993807
that's not a question

>>39993818
no point

>>39993853
READ THE FUCKING STICKY FAGGOT
>>
>>39993853
You'll be very good at doing 10 push-ups and 10 squats.
>>
Should i work back/shoulders/triceps/biceps or move biceps to a different day. Get a lot of overlap and by end my biceps to weak to hit them their hardest
>>
File: 1465597542327.jpg (1MB, 2720x4080px) Image search: [Google]
1465597542327.jpg
1MB, 2720x4080px
How the fuck do I reply to a girl when she's fishing for compliments?
>"Dont I have a nice butt?"
>"Do you like the way I dress"
etc.
Asking because while i was fugging, today she dropped this one on me:
>"Do you think I'm tight?"
My autism meter skyrocketed into overthinking right away. Send help brahs
>>
>>39993890
>No point

What if I'm still possibly making noob gains, doesn't creatine help muscle growth?

>>39993829
Is reddit PPL good?
>>
>>39993890
Thank you I'll just take it slow. Not eating sucks already let alone eat less. It just seems like so much less food. Maybe it's just different food. But eating a entire pack of double stuff oreos followed by a 20oz steak mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese was not outside the realm of my old diet. At so much shit and bad shit too. Guess I'm lucky to not be 300lbs
>>
>>39993909
If your training makes you too tired to actually finish it then there's something wrong with it and you should change it.
>>
>>39993923
>doesn't creatine help muscle growth?
no, it helps with lifts. Even if it did help with muscle growth you're on a cut so you won't be gaining any muscle to begin with. Creatine is merely a supplement for helping push a little more due to retaining more water in the muscles. It does very little for actual gains.
>>
can someone check my deadlift form. thanks
https://youtu.be/bJobTgV7_pA
>>
>>39993979
I finish I just know I could lift more if I hadn't inadvertently hit the muscles doing other exercises
>>
>>39993923
I don't know. Post Reddit's PPL and we'll judge.
>>
>>39994009
You probably hit your biceps pretty hard already since it is weak at the end. If you need even more volume then move it to the other day, but consider if the summed up volume isn't high enough as it is now.
>>
If I eat more than 175g of protein but am under my TDEE by 250 can I put on muscle and burn fat?
>>
>>39993999
on the "up" part it looks okay, but when you lower the weight it looks like you're controlling your knee angle with a different brain that's not synced up to the first. Make the movement fluid, back+legs, not back then legs.
>>
>>39994068
protein doesn't make muscle, a surplus does.

It is impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.
>>
>>39994068
If you're an extreme beginner then maybe, but after that you can't.
>>
File: 1390947042800.png (191KB, 318x360px) Image search: [Google]
1390947042800.png
191KB, 318x360px
I need a new pair of running shoes soon and I've got wide feet. Where's the best place to buy?
>>
>>39987042
Source of pic?
>>
>>39994088
In all honesty a runners store. They can look at how you run and your arch type and recommend what shoe to go with. Honestly though, I just found a brand I like and buy them at foot locker.
>>
Should I be getting really sweaty when I lift? I don't sweat much in general.
>>
Should I do 1x5 or 3x5 deadlifts in an U/L routine, and why?
>>
>>39994143
It doesn't matter as long as you train hard.

>>39994151
Will you be able to do 3 series of deadlifts along with other exercises for lower body? They are very taxing and 1 heavy serie is probably enough to induce adaptation, at least at non-advanced levels.
>>
How much come fat guys that lift and cut at 500 below TDEe look strong after?

Shouldn't they lose muscle and not gain any. DNAguy for example.
>>
5x5 or 5 sets of increasing weight decreasing reps?
>>
>>39994262
After hitting 1/2/3/4 on a linear progression I switched to U/L and tomorrow I have the first deadlift day. I always did only 1x5 but a lot of routine had 3x5 for U/L, so I was wondering.
>>
File: rippletits_has_it.png (332KB, 354x427px) Image search: [Google]
rippletits_has_it.png
332KB, 354x427px
Is BCAA just a meme or actually worth getting?
>>
>>39994314
5x5, with the second option you are the most tired for your heaviest serie, which is retarded desu, volume is lower also.

>>39994302
Roids/noob gains/they've had muscle under that fat.

>>39994324
It's not forbidden of course, you can try it, but keep in mind that regenerating from high volume of deadlifts is significantly harder (and longer). You'll probably notice quickly if it's too much. Or maybe switching the scheme will prove useful.
>>
>>39994423
Thanks a lot for the help bro.
>>
>>39993869
I took your advice and ran in the rain

Protip: it was terrible advice. Should've drove to the gym.
>>
File: 1430148806314.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1430148806314.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>39993547
>>39993053
>>39992967
>>39987070
last bump
>>
>>39994480
No problem, but I'm just a dyel who reads/watches a lot about fitness, so take my advice with a grain of salt lel
>>
>>39994509
well, it didn't kill you, so what does that tell you

pussy
>>
>>39994541
My ear hurts for some reason and I had to end it early because it was raining so hard I couldn't see where I was going and kept slipping on the sidewalk.
>>
>>39994423
Thanks senpai,volume wouldnt be lower for me if I pyramided weight as Id do 12/10/8/5/3 but I see your point
>>
>>39994563
invest in rainproof hood jacket
>>
>>39994598
No problem.

You can also invert this pyramid so you would start with the heaviest weight, this way you also gain some post activation potentiation and all your motoric units are active (CNS is prepared) for the lower weights and you might actually be able to do even more reps and volume would be even higher.
>>
>>39994644
don't have enough money, besides it usually doesn't rain this much around here
>>
>>39994655
i'm partially shitposting don't worry. but not letting myself be stopped by adverse weather (barring blizzards or hail or such) really changed me long term.
>>
>>39994665
it also doesn't help that I have glasses which made it very difficult to see in the rain and living in a crowded neighborhood (after garbage day so everyone's bins are still on the sidewalk)
>>
>>39994679
i do too but i have protective lining that has water and other fluids pearl straight off. not sure if they have it where you are.
>>
Cardio before, after, or on a separate day from lifts?
>>
>>39994948
after or separate
>>
Anybody has that video of a guy with two fractured wrists training. Set to rejoice and lament.
>>
>>39994151
1x5 of your heaviest set but I do recommend doing 1x5 @ 70% of your working weight and 1x5 @ 80% this will give you some additional volume, you can work on form and any grip strength issues. Then you can do your heavy set.

PS You could aldo use those after your main set as drop sets but I don't have any experience with them.
>>
Three days ago i worked out for the first time in a while. The day after my arms primarily near the elbow/bicept area. So the next day i did legs and abs. And yesterday my arms were still sore but i decided to do arm workouts anyway.

Im i supposed to just life through the pain or am i supposed to wait untill the pain goes away.
>>
>>39995405
Am I*
>>
>>39995405
dull ache: DOMS, man up and work through it
sharp pain: serious stuff, do not apply pressure for up to a week
>>
Gained 33 lbs in 6 months, but now I'm getting super anxious that when I cut I will look the same as before. My lift increased a lot and it's probably irrational, but cuddle me pls
>>
>>39995442
smith machine is better than nothing but free weights >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> machines
>>
>>39995442
clean the weight and do front squats
>>
my gym is planet fitness, there is nothing else near me, they have a smith machine, thats as close to squats as i can get there, i have a VERY old barbell and weights at home, but no rack
what would be my best option for squats?
if i do squats on the smith machine, can i make up for what im not getting out of it with other exercises? what would those be?
if i do them at home, i wont be able to use nearly as much weight, and to be completely honest, i just dont trust the old equipment
wat do?
>>
>>39995455
Would you consider pain when trying to extend arms dull or serious?
>>
>>39995476
how the everloving fuck should I know nigger. get someone to punch your arm, that's the dull pain. cut yourself with a knife, that's the sharp pain.
>>
>>39995473
y u delete
>>
>>39995473
Trap bar deadlifts are good. If not those, then deficit deadlifts (stand on a plate).
>>
>>39995513
i didnt mean to post with that picture, deleted whole thing instead of just the pic, oops
>>
File: 1453659334307.jpg (70KB, 587x356px) Image search: [Google]
1453659334307.jpg
70KB, 587x356px
>>39995239

I've just overcome my fear of going to the gym and have started the workout A plan from SS yesterday. I'm a 6 ft 1 skelly.

6 questions:

1. I've been feeling soreness all over my body, especially in my legs and ass. I can barely walk at a fast pace and if I try I feel more pain. Does this pain stay as I progress to heavier stuff?

2. How can I prevent this pain from occurring?

3. Is protein powder neccessary every day? Could I just consume the powder instead of making a weird smoothie?

4. Is the GOMAD meme legit?

5. I can't keep my form correctly during the bench press as I tilt it diagonally as it is fairly heavy.

6. Is the SS book neccesary? I watch the Art of Manliness channel to see form but is there crucial stuff I need in the book to maximise my gains?
>>
If my deadlift is ~3.5 pl8s max, aroud what weight shpuld be safe for farmer's walk? Never done them before
>>
>>39995530
i actually liked the pic
>>
File: 1416476583268.jpg (72KB, 414x618px) Image search: [Google]
1416476583268.jpg
72KB, 414x618px
>>39995577
fuck it
4 u
>>
>>39994524
With only 2 months and those stats you're not really ready for more complexity yet, you'll just hinder your progress by doing that. I wouldn't switch from a linear beginner routine until after at least 6 months of consistent lifting. If you feel like you're starting to plateau maybe it's time to eat a bit more; remember if you've gained weight your TDEE is now higher
>>
>>39995549
>1. I've been feeling soreness all over my body, especially in my legs and ass. I can barely walk at a fast pace and if I try I feel more pain. Does this pain stay as I progress to heavier stuff?
goes away after two weeks tops
>2. How can I prevent this pain from occurring?
by not being a little bitch
>3. Is protein powder neccessary every day?
no if you get your protons otherwise
>Could I just consume the powder instead of making a weird smoothie?
fuck no
>4. Is the GOMAD meme legit?
not really
>5. I can't keep my form correctly during the bench press as I tilt it diagonally as it is fairly heavy.
use less weight
>6. Is the SS book neccesary? I watch the Art of Manliness channel to see form but is there crucial stuff I need in the book to maximise my gains?
art of manliness is incredibly gay, at least find a pdf of the book if you don't want to buy it
>>
>>39995593
nais

not my usual cuppa tea but she's cute
>>
>>39995549
I assume by soreness you mean a dull pain and not "holy fuck if feels like I'm getting stabbed by a fucking spear". If the former, it's just DOMS, and everyone gets them. If it actually is sharp pain then you fucked up and hurt yourself. It's easy to tell the two apart.

If it's DOMS it just goes away after about a month of regular lifting.

> Is protein powder neccessary every day?
Protein powder isn't a pill, it's a supplement. Protein is required every day, protein POWDER is not. It's not magical and it won't give you muscle if the rest of your diet is shit.

> Is the GOMAD meme legit?
Only if you don't follow the program correctly

>I can't keep my form correctly during the bench press as I tilt it diagonally as it is fairly heavy.
Practice with less weight. Form is important

> Is the SS book neccesary?
No but it doesn't hurt. It's very useful.
>>
>>39995571
80-100 lbs per hand should be good depending on distance. I DL 335 and can do 75s for like 25 yards
>>
>>39995637
oh wait
>GOMAD

GOMAD is quite literally for seriously underweight skeletons, do not attempt it unless you are under 10% BF with no muscle.
>>
Should i lift every day if i workout different muscles every so often?
>>
can you order dumbbells online? i don't know if i can lift them out of the store.
>>
>>39995671
Are we talking about cardio thrown in between or just lifting? Are you a beginner? Then no, your routine probably sucks.

>Now some people might look at this and see a basic 5 day body part split. I look at it and see guaranteed shoulder problems… maybe elbow problems too.

>Why? Because even though individual muscles appear to be getting trained just once per week (which in itself is incorrect when you take overlap into account), the joints are getting trained every damn day. Specifically, the shoulder girdle is involved heavily in every chest, shoulder and back exercise, not to mention many arm exercises too (especially heavy bicep curls and compound triceps exercises like dips and close grip bench presses).

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/bodybuilding-workouts-suck/
>>
>>39987486
This isn't entirely wrong. If you're eating way too little to fuel your routine, you'll hit a nasty plateau with lifts and even your look, making you think you need to cut even more. In reality, add 100 calories and see what happens for two weeks.

In addition, if you're looking to get cut, replace most of the grain in your life with greens. That will allow you to get the nutrients you need on a smaller calorie budget, leading to a cut. Just be sure to always get enough protein and fats.
>>
>>39995683
you can order anything online silly!
>>
>>39995730
Yes im a beginner and i bet my workout routine fucking sucks.
My plan is just to do the same workouts everyday that hit all my muscles, while on occasion doing a major leg day or somthing like that. Also should i look into cardio im mainley trying to gain weight and build muscles.
>>
Cronometer or MyFitnessPal? The latter seems to have a lot more foods already in its database.
>>
How quickly does muscle grow?

Since the new year I've started to go running a lot. So far I'm up to 44km this year. But my weight has gone up!

My hope is that it's muscle from running, but I'm guessing really that's baloney and I'm eating wrong. I thought I'd settled into a good eating habits to!
>>
>>39995824
You need rest days, you wont get faster results by skipping them. Simply put, lifting breaks down your muscles, resting builds them back up stronger. If you never let your muscles rest you'll just fuck yourself over and make zero gains.

Don't try to come up with your own bullshit routines please, just pick one of the established beginner routines. I like the one from the website I linked http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/
>>
>>39995839
it doesn't matter, just pick one.
>>
>>39995860
yeah, you don't really gain muscle from running. you might gain a little at the start but once you are regularly running that will stop.
>>
>>39995883
Any good beginner routines that involve home gym? All I have are dumbbells and a utility bench.
>>
>>39995905
So you're saying it could be.

Well, I'll see what I am in a week. If I'm still gaining I'm going to have to properly calorie count.
>>
THREAD'S DYING

ABANDON SHIP

>>39995951
>>39995951
>>39995951
>>
>>39995907
You really should get a barbell. I mean ohp, row and bench can all be done with dumbbells instead but you're kinda fucked when it comes to deadlifts and squats and you don't really want to be skipping out on those excercises.
Thread posts: 389
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.