[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: runners1.jpg (2MB, 1701x1129px) Image search: [Google]
runners1.jpg
2MB, 1701x1129px
Running general thread.
>>
I love to run distance. But havent been doing that muh mileage lately because I dont want to look like a dyel skinny white boy distance runner for life.
>>
>>39982751
I am on week 2 of my training. Run 1 of the week, I wasn't 100% recovered from Run 4 of week 1. So I came away sore and stiff

Ran today for run 2. very slow run, very stiff and left knee has not been happy since I've been back. Really hope I can shuffle round in the group run tomorrow. But may need to rest more and not run saturday. Will probably swim instead.
>>
what are good supplementary exercises for distance running. well not really distance as im still a noob and max out at like 5-10 miles.
I already do pistols and shrimp squats, calf raises, and glute bridges.
>>
>>39984667
Straight legged deadlifts. But really running far and running hills are by far the most important
>>
Alright how do I run without messing myself up, any guides on youtube I can look for.
>>
Got gifted a fit bit I don't track my runs. Anyone use one?
>>
File: 1473599014375.jpg (2MB, 2084x4576px) Image search: [Google]
1473599014375.jpg
2MB, 2084x4576px
>>39984741
>Alright how do I run without messing myself up
in what way
>>
Probably not what this thread was meant for but I have a question about my knee when I sprint.

I can run long distance/squats/etc. and my knee is fine. I go the whole day without feeling any pain in it.

However, when I sprint, it starts to hurt really bad on my left knee. I found a way to isolate the spot that hurts (I use it to stretch it when it hurts) but laying on my back, bending my right leg so that it's 90 degrees, and then putting my left ankle on my right quad. This stretches the hell out of whatever is hurting in my right knee.

I used to sprint all the time during track and field and I had a 10.8 100m time so it's not like my body is unfamiliar with sprinting.

Do you guys have any idea what is causing this? I have an appointment later this week with a physical trainer to take a look at it but I was wondering if any of you have had experience with this.

Thanks
>>
>>39984741
Couch to 5K is a great guide to enter into the world of running.

Basically this -- You have to progress slowly and add mileage very conservatively. The rule is to add no more than 10% mileage per week, but I find it better to repeat weeks and then add some extra mileage. i.e. if you were to run 3 times a week at 3 miles per week, repeat that week and then consider adding a mile to one of those workouts and repeat that week with the extra mileage, etc etc.

The other key to not getting injured IMO is focusing on your form. Shorter steps and higher cadence allow you to run faster without overstriding and causing injuries in that way.

It was said best in this way -- It's a better idea to put stress on your cardiovascular system (short strides, high cadence) than to put stress on your legs and joints (long strides, low cadence) because your lungs won't get injured the same way that your legs/feet will.
>>
>>39985820
GPS watch is where it's at mane
>>
My right foot constantly steps onto its outside instead of on the ball. Is there an exercise or something that can help me correct this? It is causing me foot pain.
>>
>>39986420
I just recently had the same problem and fixed it.
Not sure which helped the most but here's few of the things i did in case you wanna try.
I did a whole bunch of running drills, high knees, skipping, butt kicks, etc, while focusing on striking flat foot every step.
I just straight forced myself to strike completely flatfoot when i ran, but couldn't go far cause my leg muscles werent accustomed to the corrected running motion so I ended up walking alot. Walk with good form (i think this may have helped most)!!!
I did alot of balance work as I found that i was running on the outside of my feet cause the bottom of my feet were literally weak. I ended up doing a bunch of yoga style single leg balance work like warrior iii pose and whatnot. Do it barefoot, shoes make balancing easy.
Finally I did a bunch of single leg squat work, focusing on centering my weight in the middle of my feet. Shrimp squats, pistol squats, bulgarian split squats.
I think what fixed me was strengthening the bottom of my feet honestly.

Probably easier ways to fix your stride but this is how I overcame it
>>
>>39985864
The I want my knees to work at 50 way.>>39986281
Alright ill look into this.
>>
>>39986940
Well couch to 5k is the orange box in the infographic i posted...
And the rest of it is conditioning to keep your legs and knees alive
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.