[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it beneficial to work out when sick with a cold?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: democracy.jpg (49KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
democracy.jpg
49KB, 480x480px
is it beneficial to work out when sick with a cold?
>>
>>39981238
not really, but it doesn't hurt either. a cold is a virus so you usually have to let it blow over

Rip says you shouldn't stop for anything short of an injury or a fever, so take of that what you will

feel better anon
>>
>>39981238
Body won't recover properly, workout won't be as intense, and you'll end up prolonging your cold, meaning less time seriously lifting.
>>
Had an above the neck cold this week

Went for a couple runs and some light workout stuff

It's nice to be able to breathe for a couple hours
>>
>>39981261
>>39981288

Thanks anons. I'll probably go 50-70%, everyone is sick around here unfortunately.
>>
>>39981316
Any fever and you have really high chance of getting a heart attack
>>
>>39981501
No fever just a cold. I read somewhere that if the sickness is above the neck it's okay to get a workout in, besides fevers or sinus infections.
>>
>>39981271
/thread
>>
>>39981238
>Have bad respiratory infection
>Keep doing lifts with intensity
>Still making gains workout to workout
>Still hitting PRs

If anything It probably takes advantage of your body being in an advanced state of repair.
>>
>>39981238
If you go to a gym that other people use while sick with something contagious, you are an asshole.

That being said, if you have a private setup and you feel like you can handle it, go for it. Might make you even more bedridden though.
>>
>>39981238
I would just do a little bit of body weight exercises at home, and focus on getting plenty of rest.
>>
>>39981238
Absolutely not. What your body needs is as much sleep and liquids as possible. Also, alternating your shower temps between hot and cold will increase circulation throughout the body to get your white blood cells to where they need to be.
>>
>>39981238
> feel kind of under the weather entire morning
> fuck it brah we are all gonna make it
> do chest and back
> next day feel like death
> three days later go to doctor
> Dude Bronchitis lmao!
> in bed for 2 weeks
> rip gains
> rip 20lbs bw
never again
>>
>>39983039
Medfag here, bronchitis doesn't show up right away.. it comes in stages. Your correlation between lifting and getting bronchitis have nothing to do with each other.
>>
File: 1479123783650.jpg (153KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1479123783650.jpg
153KB, 700x700px
>>39983087
>Medfag here
>>
>>39981238
If i workout either during or right before I get sick 99% of the time it gets much worse later that night or the next day.

so no, I wouldn't workout and just take it easy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.