[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtddtot/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 34

File: Get-Answers.jpg (97KB, 353x340px) Image search: [Google]
Get-Answers.jpg
97KB, 353x340px
I see a lot of older/middle-aged guy deadlifting a lot more than I would. It isn't surprising considering that I've been only lifting for three months.

What is weird however that they lunge their hips forward, and their torso back, like they would do some fucking matrix bullet-time, while I just go back to 90 degree with the ground.

Am I doing it wrong, or they do? What's the idea behind their form?
>>
>>39978162
You mean they are just pushing their hips forward and exaggerating the lockout at the top of the Deadlift?
>>
File: 1483988184101.jpg (116KB, 890x699px) Image search: [Google]
1483988184101.jpg
116KB, 890x699px
>>39978162
Yeah they overextend their backs, which is not good.
DO put your hips forward to lock out properly and keep your shoulder back and down.
>>
5'10 here. Usually around what weight should I be to be considered ottermode (min-max range)?
>>
>>39978427
like 160-170 maybe
>>
how wide should I hold the barbell during bench press?
>>
>>39978517
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRVjAtPip0Y
>>
File: 1483874613410-fit.jpg (331KB, 672x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1483874613410-fit.jpg
331KB, 672x1008px
I've been doing the couch to 5k thing for over one week now, along with one hour of stretching. Getting up today, I'm very unmotivated to do the usual work. I don't have the usual vitality to do the stretches or the running. I'm forcing myself to slog through it, but I just want to lie down and rest.

Is this normal? Are 'rest days' an essential aspect of exercise programs? I feel taking the day off is not acceptable.
>>
im 60kg/6ft, wanna get fit. read /fit/ sticky, 'starting strength' seems like a good starting point (unsurprisingly). but there's no way i'm going to a gym -- are there any feasible routines i can do from home w/ minimal equipment? any guide on buying non-shit stuff for cheap? hope i dont sound too newfag, thanks.
>>
The last inches of pull ups are really hards , I can't retract scapula during l-sits , even when I tryc to retract scapula as much as possible there is still a lot of spaces betweens thems .

Is it related to weak rhomboid or tight chest ?
>>
Are going to the movies as a first date really cliche? Should I just ask for a study session (both in college) instead? She'll probably say no though.
>>
>>39978571
You absolutely need rest days ( especially if on a cut or weak/unfit )
>>
How to stop cumming fast? Does kegels help?
>>
>>39978619
Coffee or drinks. Can't talk during a film bro
>>
>>39978579
Why not go to the gym?
>>
>>39978624
does condoms with anesthetic helps?
>>
File: image.png (59KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
59KB, 320x320px
Best whey protein for women?
I see a lot of grills using pic related.
And what other suplements are good for women?
>>
>>39978629
Thanks, man!
>>
File: 1476309983483.jpg (56KB, 600x721px) Image search: [Google]
1476309983483.jpg
56KB, 600x721px
TDEE Calcs give me anything from 2100 to 2700 kcal as maintenance. Should I just average it and go from there?

>5'10"
>190
>21 years
>dude
>Don't work out much yet

Main goal is weight loss. I'm poor as fuck right now so can't afford gym but started a bodyweight routine just to try to actually be doing something.

Also, is 1800 kcal/day too low for cutting with my stats?
>>
>Weigh 213/97kg.
>6'/183cm tall.
>Probably around 27-30%BF.
>Decide to go on a much needed cut after hitting 1/2/3/4.
>TDEE calculators give me a value of 2500kcal per day. I am fairly sedentary and am going for intensity over volume during my cut, so that seems about right.
>Cut on a 1000kcal deficit, so that should yield just under 4kg of weight loss per month.
>Still eat a decent amount of sodium and carbs.
>After two months I've lost 11kg/22lbs. Waist went down 3''. Bench went from 100kg to 95.
Are the extra 3kg I've lost down to water and glycogen or did the TDEE have a 400kcal margin of error? How much muscle can I expect to lose in proportion to fat if I still lift and eat at -1000kcal?
>>
>>39978622
>You absolutely need rest days ( especially if on a cut or weak/unfit )
How many rest days, is there a ratio? The C25K thing states three sessions a week, but I've been doing it every day, occasionally twice daily.
>>
>>39978695
Same age and height but I weight 175 and mine is 2180, so i guess its a bit above that, like 2250 max. To cut you should go 300-500 kcal under maintainance
>>
>>39978657
Literally doesn't matter as long as you're not allergic to anything. MyProtein or the wall-mart stuff are cheap and do the trick. Also supps work the same for women and men:
>BCAAs are a waste of money.
>Whey is good from a practical perspective but not essential unless you hate eating stuff like chicken breasts/cottage cheese etc.
>Creatine gives you about 5% more gains and is very cheap. Often will result in a bit of bloating though.
>Fish-oil will help with joints and hormone levels if your diet is lacking in essential fats.
>A good multi will plug any dietary gaps, especially on a cut. Absorption rates and dosages are a bit lower than when you take separate vits/mins, but you'll save a ton of money and it does the job if your diet is a bit off and not a complete train-wreck.

>>39978641
A bit, but if it's mental then it won't make much of a difference.
>>
Why is doing a full body workout 3 times a week bad? I'm sure it is, I just want to know why. I go to the gym every second day and do the following:

Squats 3 x 8 @ 70kg
Bench 5 x 5 @90kg (1 rep max 105kg)
Chinup 3 x 8
>>
>>39978966
No it's not bad if your recovery is on point
>>
>>39978966
It's not bad if you're a beginner, in fact it's the most recommended option: SS, SL, GSLP, RP are all in that vein.

If you're an intermediate you can still go for it, but you need to periodize by varying intensities. Ala TM.

Alternate those three with DL, OHP and Rows, otherwise you'll end up with imbalances.
>>
What's a good sign that you should stop cutting (too low weight)? When your lifts start getting lower? Or is that normal? A certain % lower maybe?
>>
>>39978845
You've kind of answered your own question there, haven't you?
>>
>>39979108
Most problems that happen during a cut can be fixed by adjusting your training, diet or deficit.

That being said, once you go below 8%BF (for men) you're bound to get into trouble and should probably not go under that for too long. Otherwise it's a question of what your goals are and what you're happy with - baring any serious health issues.
>>
>>39979095
What's 'TM' mate?
>>
>>39979191
Well, it's not like I can continuously accurately measure my BF% when I want to cut. I am (or about to be "was") skinnyfat, so I bulked first so I could have something to actully lose. Problem is I'll still probably have to go way too low in weight to get the BF% I want, so I was wondering if there was an easier way to know when to stop -- like, if I'm lifting 25% less as an example with a proper cutting diet, I assume I've lost too much, but I'm assuming there's an earlier point where I should stop.
>>
>>39978579
live in the middle of nowhere. would be more time efficient instead of driving + time at gym. plan to move soon, but dont want to use that as an excuse to not start working out now.
>>
File: knee.jpg (14KB, 316x196px) Image search: [Google]
knee.jpg
14KB, 316x196px
I started squatting a year ago and had not so good form most of the time. About 6 months ago my knees started to hurt a bit but I didn't take a break. The pain is most intense at 90° and is absent at the bottom and while standing/walking.

A month ago I drastically improved my form and started doing olympic ATG squats. I could do them painfree since there's not much pressure at 90° and upped squatting frequency to twice a week with heavy weight + low reps + many sets. The intense pain at the parallel position persisted though even when just holding my bodyweight there.

Now 3 days ago while squatting I got a sharp pain in my right kneecap (see pic), way worse than what I had before. Hurts like hell in the angles I described in the beginning even at the slightest load. My guess is I overdid it with squatting while never letting my knees recover. I'll take a break from leg training for a week and see what happens.

Does anyone have an idea what exactly could be damaged? Tips to help it and experiences greatly appreciated too.
>>
>>39979263
meant for
>>39978631
>>
>>39978845

Truste and the program when it tells you how much to do. 3 times a week is definitely enough.
>>
I want my form checked for squats, should I film it from the back or the sides?
>>
>>39979403
Both would be optimal.

How should I change my routine when going on a cut?
>>
>>39979403
From the side, directly in-line with the barbell, so the barpath can be properly seen.
>>
>>39979263
I drive 40 minutes to my gym every day bro. get on my level.
>>
File: 1333898100938.png (7KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
1333898100938.png
7KB, 301x267px
>>39979239
I think he means Texas Method and it's fucking great.
>>
>>39979577
nice meem
>>
>>39979577
TM is trash m8. Too low volume on bench/ohp/deadlift.

If you want a good 3 day program do building the monolith instead.
>>
>>39979270

Patellar tendonitis. Might be chronic if you had it for such a long time. Do some research on it.
>>
Can someone fill me in on the routine slang?
Like intensity, volume etc
>>
>>39979623
Yeah, go from low volume to literally "dude volume lmao!".
>>
>>39978657
pls be in london
>>
>>39979654
Volume is king though what's your point? Yeah it's hard to do a lot of stuff but that's what will get you the best results. It's hard in the beginning for a beginner but you get used to it and good programs like sheiko, 531, gzcl are actually designed to make you stronger in the long run.
>>
I'm not getting sore muscles anymore, and I honestly loved it because it felt like progress. I've read online that you're body gets used to it and slowly becomes less and less. My muscles do get sore but not at that sweet spot, you know? When it's not an issue but still feels sore.

How do I get passed this? Is there any other way that you can "feel" your muscles getting bigger over time?
>>
>>39979675
Judging the quality of a workout based on DOMS is a terrible measure either way. Because you can get DOMS from doing anything at the gym. Judging based on something like an amrap set makes a lot more sense. Either way, if you want to get DOMS again just take a 2 week break lol.
>>
>>39978910

>BCAAs are a waste of money

Only if you're one of those retards who sips them all the time rather than bolus'ing them at the midway point between meals like you're supposed to.
>>
recovering hikki here
I'm being more independent of myself (like looking for part time jobs, cleaning my room, making my meals, etc.)

Reading the sticky, I started with diets which is running smoothly (started a week ago).

I'm concerned about exercise because I haven't exercised in literally years. I get a winded/tired after walking for 10 min so I'm very unhealthy.
What should I do or how should I tackle this? Do I start with walking for 20 min a day? and gradually increase it until 40, and when I hit 40 can I go to the gym?
Should I see the doctor also?
>>
I've been lifting at home for around a year and a half. I recently haven't been feeling so good and went to my homegym and thought "What's the point?"
Do I just push on through this and try to lift when I feel like I don't want to?
>>
File: 1464414014693.jpg (42KB, 368x604px) Image search: [Google]
1464414014693.jpg
42KB, 368x604px
doing SS, finally starting to add accessories.

If I wanted to add situps/weighted situps, chin ups, and dumbbell curls to my workouts, what days should each fall on?
>>
>>39979441
>How should I change my routine when going on a cut?
More intensity, less volume. Beginner/early-intermediate programmes work great for maintenance on a cut for advanced lifters.

>>39979670
TM is an early intermediate routine, it is great for that. MRV is a very real thing for natties.

>>39979745
I'd much rather drink a glass of milk or eat an extra slice of meat the meal before. Your amino buffers (stomach, gut linings, liver, blood levels) aren't nearly as puny as sup compaines want you to believe.

>>39979781
Best thing would be to go to a doc and get yourself checked to asses the damage. Or failing that just take it easy, especially on your joints: Cycling is better than running, swimming is better than cycling. Don't do anything involving jumping.

>>39979811
Most people get burnt-out with lifting after about a year or two, mix things up for a while: take up a MA or do rock-climbing or do gymnastics or at least try a completely new routine.

>>39979827
It's all in the book, also all over the internet.
>>
>>39979907

You're still misunderstanding how BCAAs work.

Meals containing the requisite amount of leucine can spike plasma amino acid levels high enough to cause muscle protein synthesis roughly every 3 hours. Inside that period your response to protein is blunted (protein refractory period). However, BCAAs are freeform and uptaken extremely quickly because they're not bound to anything, and they can spike amino levels high enough to cause another bout of MPS within this refractory period if taken about an hour to an hour and a half after a meal. This won't happen with whole food.
>>
I havent gone to the gym in like 3 weeks cuz vacation why the fuck are my traps sore from doing nothing at home
>>
>>39979925
That reaction is temporary: in the (very) short run it works well - in the long run PMS normalizes fairly quickly. The overall effect is very minimal and not worth the money, in my opinion, unless you're a pro athlete where grams on the kilo make a difference.
>>
File: fucked.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
fucked.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
Why is it that when I'm on a treadmil I can run for hours, but once I'm running outside I can only run for a few minutes?
>>
>>39979938
>Injury.
>Poor posture.
>Refereed pain.
>Old injury flaring up.
>>
>>39978162
That move is just to try to pull heavier and neglect form, kind of how when you see people rock their back when doing heavy curls. Old people be fuckin up, just lock out, thats proper form.
>>
>>39979952
Because the treadmill moves under you, the planet doesn't. Well it does but not nearly as fast.
You have to propel yourself forward on your own when outside, on the treadmill it does half the work for you.
>>
>>39979952
Because the steady predictable motion of the belt is very different from propelling yourself on a stationary surface, especially if you have problems with maintaining an efficient stride. It's also a lot less punishing on your joints and tendons. Then there's weather that is probably less ideal than an AC'd gym, maybe you have allergies to various pollen or other stuff outside.
>>
File: wFba78.png (26KB, 824x74px) Image search: [Google]
wFba78.png
26KB, 824x74px
Which one of these would I fit into if I lifted for an hour 5 days a week, but was otherwise a NEET?
>>
>>39978966
Not really a lot of volume, thats what 90-120 minutes a week tops? I'd add more to your routine, either reps or exercises.
>>
>>39979970
>>39979976

So if I run with an incline will it help me out in the real world? I just like running inside a lot more than outside.
>>
I can't seem to eat at a deficit for long periods, what foods should i be eating to fill me up so i don't eat like a fat fucking horse? What about keto? Can i really eat like a fat fucking horse and still lose? Is low carb god tier?
>>
>>39979977
Probably option 2. But it's not a big deal: after a couple weeks see how much your weight has changed, do the math and adjust calories.
>>
>>39979270
Might be a torn meniscus
>>
>>39979984
The best way to get good at running outside is to do just that, as pointed out - it's two quite different things, both from an exertion standpoint and from the stride required. Incline running will help with approximating the exertion better, but the stride is still not the same.
>>
>>39978609
Both. There are good routines (mostly yoga and stretching) to fix either, just google. Also look into strengthening your back.
>>
>>39978845
>I'm doing the program wrong and it's not working can someone tell me why

jesus christ, I mean everyone starts somewhere but come on anon
>>
>>39979945

The effect is probably similar to optimizing meal timing. I.e. getting 5 meals instead of 2 or 3 (assuming they contain the same macronutrients altogether), in that it's not as important as caloric load or macros, but subjectively I notice some benefit.

Also depends on how cheap you get your BCAAs. I get 1kg, which is 200 5g servings, for £16. If I had to pay a lot more than that (like some people do), I would agree that they're not worth the cost, just like if creatine wasn't as dirt cheap as it is.
>>
File: 1423194171880.gif (3MB, 323x386px) Image search: [Google]
1423194171880.gif
3MB, 323x386px
Has lifting helped you guys in dealing with your depression?
>>
If I lift with dumbbells doing a circuit, not worrying about optimal gains, just lifting for fun, is it ok that my 3 sets of 8 are done in 10-30 minutes, depending on what exercises I do that particular day?
Also, how do I explain to my parents that protein shakes (1 when I lift only as a reward) are not the reason I've still got a couple of lbs of belly fat, no other "fat" on me.
>>
>>39979654
>Meal 3
>2 Double Cheeseburgers
>French Fries

Gets me every time.
>>
>>39980034
a little bit
>>
>>39979990
keto will make your workouts miserable you need carbs. Eat salads, pickles, saurkraut for example. Drink a lot of water and coffee.
>>
>>39980017
Apt comparison: BCAAs and spreading out macros more (past 3 or so meals) has about the same effect: at first it gives dramatic results when tested even with muscle biopsy, but during longer studies it shows very, very little difference in LM gains. The body probably adjusts, but the exact mechanism is not quite well understood as far as I know. Also 16pounds for a kilo? Damn, that only slightly more expensive than myprotein where I live, and much cheaper than optimum.

>>39980034
Yes, medically proven to help more than medication in the long run for all but the most serious cases. Cleaning up your diet, regular sleep and getting some regular cardio and anaerobic work is salve for the soul. Of course, if you have a real serious congenital problem then it can help only so much.
>>
>>39979907
MRV is a meme. Just like more than 1x5 deadlifts will wreck your CNS is a meme. If you push yourself you'll realize it's possible to do those programs as an early intermediate.

Check out 2suns 531 lp, GZCL LP, Sheiko intermediate medium load. Any early intermediate could do these programs if they just pushed themselves a little. But if you want mediocre gains go ahead and do TM. Maybe you'll reach a 2pl8 bench in 2 years!
>>
>>39979990
>>39980087
This, keto will make most people miserable when paired with heavy exercise. Just eat a balanced diet: 1.45g/kgLM of protein, 1.1g/kgLM of fats, and whoever many carbs you can stick in without going over your allotment.
>>
>>39980118
>MRV is a meme.
>Talks about programmes with fatigue management ie. any programme that isn't utterly retarded.
You're a colossal fucking retard.
>>
Should I eat at maintenence for a week after a cut or go straight to surplus? I've been averaging about 1k a day, maintenance would be 1.7k.
>>
>>39980034
The endorphine rush and sense of achievement from lifting heavy weight and runner's high cleared up anything that wasn't down to congenital brain chemistry. So while I am still a miserable faggot, it's waaayyyy better now in comparison in regards to brain fog and looming sense of dread.
>>
>>39980198
Maintain for a week or two. Going straight to a big surplus will have you feel like shit depending on how your body reacts.
>>
>>39980253
Cool, thanks. Feels weird, almost wrong to finally be able to eat more than 1000 a day.
>>
>>39980234
How do I make the endorphin feeling last longer? I feel pretty good after a good work out, but those good feels quickly fade away.
>>
>>39980263
smoke weed after gym before bed

like 3 or 4
>>
>>39980260
I have a maintenance of 2500 so I couldn't even imagine lmao

>>39980263
Looking forward to next time, noting down any achievements you made in the workout and preening over it even if you are dyel, finishing off with a bit of LISS cardio, having sex (NOT fapping), smiling at yourself in the mirror like a huge faggot because it provokes your brain to associate the endorphine rush with rewarding happy feelings.
>>
>>39980286
I stopped smoking weed a long time ago. I found it to make my depressing worse.
>>
>>39980286
>>39980297

not recommended in the long run. even though I smoke myself, this is a downward spiral
>>
My gym has DBs on 5kg increments, but has micro plates of 1.25kg. Is it ok to tie up a micro plate to the DB? I feel that 5kg per hand is too much of a increment (in fact it is, I tried it)
>>
>>39980319
Yes. I too progress with 2,5kg (i.e. one 1,25 per side) because while I technically could stomach 5kg increments in terms of strength, it ruins my form for the first few tries.
>>
>>39980305
I used to have huge issues with skipping responsibilities and shit to smoke weed but I switched to only smoking a hit or two on the way to the gym and afterwords and falling asleep practically immediately after I got home and I have yet to see any negatives aside from a lighter wallet.

weed won't fix depression but it sure does make you cozy right before bed so you're not thinking of shit and staying up for hours stressing and fucking with the 8 hours you should be getting
>>
>>39980319
5kg is way too much of a jump for most DB work.
Even 2.5kg can be too much for stuff like lateral raises, you usually do rep progression + 2.5kg increments - no one will bat an eye or think it's rude.
>>
I just ate three of those new baby bacon egg and cheese sandwiches from Sonic.

How am I doing on on my cut?
>>
>>39980338
THC fucks with your REM sleep and thus gains in the long run. I do see your point though, I was there myself. I still like to blaze occasionally before heavy volume sets because I can get into the zone more easily, no h8 m8
>>
>>39980366
>asking for dietary help from an autism chat room
>>
>>39980160
I meant MRV is a meme within the context of your post, that a beginner-intermediate can't handle volume.

http://strengtheory.com/more-is-more/
>>
>>39978845
>when should I rest
>the program says four days a week
>but I decided to ignore it and sometimes make it even worse by doing it twice a day
>hurr

If you want to push yourself try improving your times faster, or maaaaaybe even try 4 sessions a week, but stop fucking it all up
>>
>>39980434
>unironically quoting strengtheory

That said, his logic is sound, just not the holy grail for newbs.
>>
How good is jerky as a protein snack for after workout?
I really like to do turkey jerky at home.
>>
>>39980479
what are the stats?
u got
protons
calories
fats
sugars

other nutch like vitamins
>>
Just starting coolcicadas ppl routine. Is this a solid routine? Any accessories I should add? Going to add Diddlies to back day and glutes to leg day
>>
File: commercial turkey jerky.jpg (45KB, 393x392px) Image search: [Google]
commercial turkey jerky.jpg
45KB, 393x392px
>>39980490
That's the problem, I don't know because it's homemade, pic is commercial turkey jerky, it's a fucking ton of sodium but I don't think my homemade version can even come close to that even though I marinate it in soy sauce.
>>
>>39980503
It's a great routine. You can add those exercises, but I personally don't like the "glutes" thing.
>>
>>39980434
>that a beginner-intermediate can't handle volume
What volume (and intensity?) 1X5@90%, 3X8@70%, 5X10@70%, 10X2@95%, 10X10@60%? I'm saying that that is a pretty broad statement.

TM has a petty decent amount of volume for someone that has been lifting a couple months, could they do more? Probably, but better to under-train slightly than to over-train and get bogged down by deloads, overtly-cautions michellin-man-in-waiting surpluses and rest-periods etc. Feeling out your precise MRV and adjusting as you go along is not something I'd trust a noob with, what's ideal in theory and what's ideal in practice are two very different things.
>>
>>39980512
what are the stats of the turkey you use to make it?
>>
>>39980512
>protein/fat/carbs ratio
bring me my fainting couch
>>
>>39980539
RATHER OVERTRAIN THAN UNDERGAIN CMON
>>
>>39980512
Great source of protein, decently lean. The high sugar and low fat content is a bit iffy. Also a bit high in sodium. As long as you eat other more healthier stuff too it's all good.
>>
File: 1483739690710.jpg (418KB, 744x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483739690710.jpg
418KB, 744x1080px
>>39978162
what would cause a sharp pain in my chest (just beneath my pectoral muscles) while deadlifting?

i imagine it's because i don't have a certain muscle group properly engaged, but where in this case is the weakness?

picture wholly unrelated and exists strictly to get your attention.

PLEASE RESPOND.
>>
>>39980556
Just in case you're not just memeing: When you factor in the gains lost due to rest periods, injuries, fiddling with your routine and diet- in the end you lose more gains trough a bit of overtraining (which piles on) than trough a bit of undertraining.
>>
>>39980576
add them up and see where they fit. if you can keel them at max protons and low calories they should be alright. I like a little bit of carbs in my post workout snack.
>>
>>39980587
was memeing hard as fuck of course. but thanks for explaining it for any others that might have questions in that regard.
>>
>>39980597
forgot to crop the image so deleted it, yeah, I think the sodium might be the only problem.
>>
>>39980566
If it's just below your rib-cage: maybe you damaged your xyphoid process (the small triangular bone right bellow your sternum,) in that case you should go see a doc since it can cause lots of nasty damage.
>>
>>39979270
As another anon said, probably tendinitis. Ive had it before. Take a break. A long break. I know you want your gains but you'll really fuck yourself over if you dont rest.
Since I know you wont do that, take a short break (1-2 weeks) and spend the following couple weeks with lighter weight.
>>
>>39980609
>I think the sodium might be the only problem.
Also the high amount of sugar (15g is 3 teaspoons) and the low ratio of fat to protein, which isn't a problem if it's just a snack, but can get bad if you eat it as a staple.
>>
>>39980628
But that's for the commercial version where they probably add sugar to the marinate, I don't add it.
>>
File: 1482851380366.jpg (228KB, 800x1124px) Image search: [Google]
1482851380366.jpg
228KB, 800x1124px
>>39980579
that sounds in line with what i initially thought. thanks breh.

>>39980610
i didn't actually damage anything, thankfully. i was going for a single set of 5 repetitions, and while the first 4 went well, the 5th one caused that sharp pain, so i didn't even make a serious effort. i just needed to understand how to prevent that in the future.

thanks for the additional insight to you as well.

another test spike for everyone. we're gonna make it, family.
>>
>>39979270
literally stop squatting for a month. Make sure you have flexibility too. It's just overuse
>>
Gene expression..Real/fake?
Is it possible to improve my genetics?
And what environmental factors that I can control in order to ensure that my future offspring reap the most benefit from their genetics?
>>
How do you train to run a 1.2 mile run faster? I have to do it in 11mins40secs

I just finished C25K and I can do a 5k in 35-40 minutes. That's a shit time, I know but I'm working on that.

I was thinking of running the 5k on Monday and Wednesday and training for the 1.2 test on the Friday
>>
Few questions
What is the overall opinion on Multi Vitamins? A meme? beneficial? Currently on D3, Omega 3 and once in a while Zinc, B12, Magnesium.

Also Is it ok for me to do my 4 day split and take a rest day and repeat for a bit.
A: Chest and Tri's
Bench RPT 3-5, 6-8, 8-10
Incline Bench 3x8-12
Close Grip Bench 3x8-12
Cable flys: 4x12-20
Tricep pulldown 3x8-12

Tri extensions 4x12-20
B: Back and Bis
Deadlift 1x5
Chin-Ups: 3xF
Lat Pulldown 3x8-12
Cable Rows: 4x10-12
Barbell Curl RPT 3-5, 6-8, 8-10
Cable curl 4x12-20

C: Shoulders

OHP RPT 3-5, 6-8, 8-10
Dumbbell Lateral Raises 3x8-10
Arnold Press 3x8-12
Dumbbell Front Raises 3x10-12
Shrugs 4x10-12
Upright Row 3x8-12
D: Legs and Abs
ATG Squat: RPT 3-5, 6-8, 8-10
Front Squat 3x8-10
Power Cleans 5x3
Calve Raises: 3xF
With Scooby's rotisserie ab workout 4 days a week and ab wheel for 4x8-12
>>
what are some things you wish you knew when you started working out and dieting?
>>
How are trips "awarded" on this board? I see a lot of people saying that you shouldn't post with a trip until you've "earned it," but how do you know when you've earned it?
>>
>>39980901
all of these >>39977339
>>
>>39980904
if people want to know who you are, tell them who you are
"wow, that was really cool, we would love to follow your progress"
stuff like that
>>
>>39980908
somehow missed that, thanks
>>
>>39980904
Anybody can trip. That is kind of the issue. /fraud/ alone has two of the biggest most obnoxious autists on all of 4chan as trips just because there is literally no legal way to stop them.
>>
>>39980913

Well, I'm asking because I've been here for a while, shared my results, and gotten a lot of positive feedback. I get a lot of requests for advice, and I try to help others out as much as I can. I think I'm fairly well-known here, and have had a few threads posted about me. However, there have been a few instances where I've used a trip to identify myself and I've gotten some angry comments about how I shouldn't be tripping... Is it just a case of "there's always going to be people who don't like it"?
>>
>>39980971
fuck the haters. if you're not just trying to make a name of yourself for autistic ego stroking but actually have progress to show and sound advice to give, trip away
>>
>>39980971
If you need the validation you get from tripping, then you're not making it. The exception would be if you're a renowned bodybuilder/athlete/coach and it would be convenient for people to know.
>>
>>39980971
sounds like it would be worth tripping
>>
And herein lies the problem:

>>39980993
>>39981025

One person says it's fine, and another thinks it's wrong. I trip so that people will know it's me when I respond to questions about my progress photo or try to give advice. I don't really see how that's a bad thing. I'd be willing to bet that 99% of the people who trip on this board are not renowned bodybuilders or coaches...
>>
>>39980971
>>39981054

trips are mostly used to confirm identity in single threads to state claims as truthful or provide content to a discussion that would get freaky with anon-only posts and needing to confirm identity every time
>>
Tried to incorporate dips today could barely do one, shit was embarassing.
Should I do assisted dips until I can do one or negatives?
>>
>>39981063

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. On the other hand, there seem to be a number of users who trip whenever they post in a thread (maybe because the trip auto-fills in their browser each time they post?). I suppose if you're not shitposting and don't mind people connecting you with your posts (i.e., if you stand behind the things you write), then it shouldn't be a problem, right? I'm just a friendly guy not looking to piss off people in threads.
>>
>>39981123
negatives until you can do 3 sets of 8-12 without dying (or 6x4-6 if you're not about aesthetics but raw strength), then the same for assisted, then normal ones.
>>
>>39981128
I've tripped too (no, not gonna share name), and I both posted in relevant threads giving out advice and was a memeing shithead in others. It's not an exact science, just see to it that you're not treating 4chan as your personal blog without providing actual content.
>>
>>39981123
>>39981153

And then weighted ones! Makes you feel like a badass when you're dipping with a pl8 chained around your waist.
>>
File: 1480994344422.jpg (85KB, 444x446px) Image search: [Google]
1480994344422.jpg
85KB, 444x446px
new scrub here, just started ss and I feel like I'm doing thw deadlift wrong. When I'm pulling up I'm really feeling it in my lower back. Aren't I supposed to be feeling it in my upper thighs/ass though? Don't want to fuck up my back.
>>
>>39981168
if he can barely do an unweighted strict one, weighted dips will not be a topic for a looong time. but yes, if normal dips go ez pz, add weight.
>>
>>39981177

Haha yeah, I know. Just trying to provide some motivation for the future!
>>
>>39981175

Bro...enjoy snap city
>>
>>39981175

/fit/ is so obsessed with the deadlift that it's almost cult-like, so I'll probably create a shitstorm for saying this, but deadlifts are a risky exercise. One minor flaw in form on a single rep can completely fuck up your back. It's the only "major" lift that I don't do -- I have a previous lower back injury, and I prefer to substitute hamstring and lower back isolation exercises for DLs because I find them safer for me.
>>
>>39980385

>THC fucks with your REM sleep

i have a zeo band that accurately records the stages of sleep im in throughout the night

on WEED there is no reduction in REM sleep afaict

thc fucks with rem is a meme imo based on like one study
>>
>>39981168
>>39981153
Noted, also quick google search yields results for two types of dips chest and tri.
Is this a low bar-high bar squat kind of difference where the difference is how you position your body? Which one should I prefer if my goal is strength solely doing SL?
>>
>>39981235
It really raped mine back in the day (also confirmed with measuring), but that boils down to how much you smoke and how dank your weed is, and on a few other health factors. As long as it doesn't hurt your sleep, blaze away anon.
>>
>>39981265
straight form = more triceps, leaning forward = more chest. do 6x6 of each, alternating them between workouts if your focus is strength. at least that's how I would do it, never bothered with SL that much.
>>
>>39981175
keep your back straight and parallel to the ground,

you probably are not doing this.

record your form and post it so we can into a personal
>>
Any tall people with disproportionate lifts here?
My Squat and DL are both at or around 3 plates, but ohp is barely 110, and bench is only 160. Any one has a routine with a heavy focus on upper body?

I'm cutting atm 6'4 220 down to 190, will DL and squatting help get rid of my big ass/thighs, or only cause me to maintain/increase its size.
(I think most of my fat storage is in my legs)
>>
>>39981175
It's normal to feel it a bit in your lower back, it involves the lower-back after-all (even with proper form) but the main effort should be felt in your hams and glutes.

Since you're a beginner and your whole form is probably bad just look up a bunch of tutorials and emulate in a mirror with a broom.

Some cues: big breath, brace core, chest up, shoulders back, scapulae retracted and down, lats tensed, biceps relaxed, keep it against your shins the whole time, squeeze ass and extend knees to get weight up.

>>39981221
If you have an injury you can do without DLs but the reason I think you really shouldn't omit DLs unless you have to is related to regular life: It teaches you how to properly lifts things in everyday life and forces you to learn a basic and important movement pattern. Also I've yet to see someone with decent form who didn't have a preexisting condition or was pulling heavy singles/doubles get injured. The human body, including the spine, isn't nearly as fragile as some think - barring some traumatic shit it requires chronic abuse to go to snap-city.
>>
>>39981342
Tall people generally have underwhelming lower lifts due to long femurs. Also, in relation to their weight (proportionally) they tend to be weaker due to leverages. Then again, there are short people with shitty leverages and tall people with great leverages.

Your lifts are terribly out of sync, you have the lower body strength of a intermediate lifter and the upper body strength of someone who never set foot in a gym.

As far as legs looking chunky goes: once you get lean and your cuts start showing it won't be a problem. Huge legs with fat over them look like old-woman thighs, shredded legs look joocy as fuck. Just like everything else.
>>
>Eat clean at same calories
>Dropping bf% without dropping weight

Can someone explain this? I thought a carb was a carb and a protein was a protein no matter the source. I wasn't eating trash before but I've dropped at least 3% bodyfat while eating slightly cleaner and I haven't dropped in weight
>>
>>39980385
your body repairs itself most during deep sleep, not during rem sleep. weed is fine and does not negatively affect your sleep nor your gains. in fact, weed before bed promotes deep sleep over rem sleep thus replenishing your body and harboring all them tasty gains.
>>
Im thinking about turning in my natty card, i need to make quicker progress
Do i swap needles between each pin?
>>
When using one of these monstrosities to squat, are you supposed to do so facing it or otherwise?
>>
My understanding is that to keep as much muscle size on a cut the important thing to mind are:

Protein intake
Routine
Weight loss rate

What are the optimal condition for these 3 elements to keep muscle mass on a cut?
>>
Do people actually eat celery heart raw? I just bought some and had a bite, and it tastes pretty terrible.
>>
>>39981469
not same anon but, while what you say is correct, a too big imbalance between REM and deep sleep will fuck you mentally in the long run too.
>>
>>39981584
you get used to it
>>
>>39981524
of fucking course
>>
>>39981584
Close your nose like you do to little children
>>
>>39981469
>>39981589
REM is when your brain "sets" memories of what happened during the day. While the occasional blunt won't fuck you up, smoking da ganja erry day will fuck up your ability to fix new memories (hence the pothead stereotype).
>>
>>39981597
Reason im asking is because im thinking about starting with a peptide and the recommended dosage is 2-3 times daily for 8-12 weeks which means a shitload of needles

maybe not start with a peptide?
>>
>>39981603
My point exactly.
>>
>>39981637
Cannot give sound advice on peptides or not because whatever boats your goat newfriend. Buuuut needles are like 10-20bucks for 100 or so online, stop being a jew.
>>
>>39981655
current source ive found charges around $1/needle so i might need to look to other places for that
ty anon
>>
File: 1480210003562.png (321KB, 1645x1204px) Image search: [Google]
1480210003562.png
321KB, 1645x1204px
Skinnyfat fuck here, trying to cut my weight down before bulking for real muscles. I'm using the myfitnesspal app as recommended here, and it says I should up my calorie count on gym days to account for my exercises. I trust it and I'm sure it's just to help give enough calories to recover, but some nagging part of me says that's defeating the purpose of my diet. Anyone know the truth?
>>
>>39981679
>$1/needle
are they literally made out of gold or what
>>
>>39981697
dunno, just seem like regular old 25mm needles
i havent bought anything because im still debating how to start since i dont want to fuck up and want good results
>>
>have slight pain in my knee for few days
>doesnt really bother me
>today finish 10 min cycle warm up
>start warming up for squats
>knee literally killing me, cant even stand
Anyway have a tendinitis on my knee. Luckily its not anything major but I still cant do main leg shit. So is there any leg exercises that I can do while it heals that dont much pressure on my knee?
>>
Is it really possible to use cinnamon instead of magnesium in the gym?
They don't sell magnesium anywhere around here an i constantly have to battle slippy bars due to my sweaty hands
>>
>>39981723
lurk /fraud/, post when you have a sane approach to the topic. do not buy from literal jews who charge insane amounts for basic tools, let alone the stuff itself probably.
>>
>>39981766
i will, thanks mate
i would have asked but i didnt find any /fraud/ thread
>>
>>39981783
no use in literally showering them with newfriend questions anyway kek

>catalog
>search
>type fraud
>click
>>
What's a good replacement for ohp that will really work my shoulders well. Have shoulder problems and thought it was getting better but yesterday it rolled out of socket when I upped my weight and the weights fell and hit me. Had to roll around for awhile before it went back in place.
>>
What are your thoughts on lifting on a muscle group where you have DOMS?

I have just changed to a PPL and find when I get to my Pull day for example, I still ache a bit from a previous session, which isn't impacting my lifting at all, but I wonder if it could be harming my repair process. Its not something that I feel is a problem, but what do I know
>>
>>39981929
It actually will help the doms. Just make sure it's not retard sore and also make sure you know difference between pain and soreness.
>>
>>39981419
(Body) Recomp(osition,) burn fat while putting on muscle in equal amounts = same weight, less fat.

Also, it's very hard to judge a 3% change in BF unless you're under 15%.
>>
File: 1460059821277.jpg (33KB, 434x486px) Image search: [Google]
1460059821277.jpg
33KB, 434x486px
Tried to go for a run today. Both ankles inexplicably hurt like hell, so I couldn't get more than 15 seconds out. My workout shoes for the past few months have been those vibram toe shoes (bought them years ago), but I've only been seriously doing cardio the past few weeks.

Should I a) get new shoes to run with (I plan on keeping the toe shoes since my gyms are weird about people taking shoes off for deadlifts) and b) give up on running until I can get new shoes? I was thinking of switching over to swimming for awhile, but since my cardio is bad in general, I wanted to ease into it with running before I start swimming since I know that's much more taxing
>>
>>39981558
Never would use that shit for squatting, doing it circus strongman style seems safer.

>>39981568

Protein intake
1.45g/kg of lean mass. More than that didn't have an effect on LM retention in multiple long-term studies.
Routine
Depends on the deficit. If you're going really low (PSMF tier,) then 2Xweek, full body is a good start. High intensity, low volume.
Weight loss rate
Depends on your goals, you shouldn't go under 65kcal/kg of fat/day, though. That's your average max fat metabolization rate. So if you're 70kg and 20%BF, for example, then 70*0,2*65 = 910kcal per day deficit.
>>
>>39981913
Go see a doc.

>>39981929
If you let DOMS stop you, you're achieving absolutely nothing - the DOMS will not go away and you just stalled your training. Just make sure it's DOMS and not something more serious.
>>
Is it normal for arms to look kinda shitty after bulking for awhile? Besides the tri and side delt popping a bit more, my arms look like trash after gaining 30lbs over the last year.
>>
>>39982006
You're just probably eating less carbs and sodium on a regular basis. Recomp takes a fucklong time
>>
File: yv792vk0pt5y.jpg (71KB, 750x740px) Image search: [Google]
yv792vk0pt5y.jpg
71KB, 750x740px
Virgin who sent me nudes and I talked a lot to last year, before she went back to her bf who she broke up with for me, just sent me a message.
>did you delete the pictures I sent you?
I told her I did it, and I did it, what should I respond?
>I deleted them because fresh nudes are better
>still regret it
>I was going to wait 21 days to chat with her, it's currently day 11
>>
>>39982070
I have its a torn ligament thing but I don't have money to be off 6 months to recover. I work construction can't do shit with 1 arm. I was going to get it fixed long ago between jobs but insurance labeled it a pre existing condition since it happened when I was younger and refused to cover it. No I'm fucked because can't afford to take off that long
>>
>>39981913
Handstand pushup progression + dips
>>
>>39982095
Pics or we can't help you
>>
File: 1466621980051.jpg (660KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466621980051.jpg
660KB, 1920x1080px
I want to get better at hex bar deads, but I only know the cues for normal deads, does anyone have a good guide/video/tips for the ideal hex bar deadlift form? I also want to learn this so i can increase my farmer walks
>>
>>39982136
>Recomp takes a fucklong time
Not for noobs, also I doubt he's accurately estimating his bf% change - and as you said there is the whole being less bloated thing.

>>39982151
Know that feel, bro. I have a shit-ton of stuff that is now "pre-existing" because my last boss ran an insurance scam without us knowing. But you really shouldn't take anyone's advice on shit like that unless they have and MD.

>>39982178
This, also include pics of bare butt for comparisons sake.
>>
Redpill me on SARMS. Should I just blast and cruise on regular roids?
>>
>>39979633
>>39979997
>>39980622
>>39980653

thanks for replies. There's no swelling. Did my research, I'm pretty sure it's patellar tendonitis. I'll avoid leg exericeses for 1-2 weeks and see how it is afterwards. I'll keep on stretching and working on mobility like I've been doing for a while now.

I read a lot that eccentric squats will help. It says to lower yourself with the bad leg and push up with the other. What's that for? Can I just do it with both legs (down and up)? I mean my left knee is not painfree either.
>>
>>39982230
Went to a sports medicine clinic shortly out of highschool it's real. He moved my arm and pushed on my shoulder in multiple spots till it went out of socket. It's a tendon or ligament shit tear. He said it's like a flat tire. You can plug the hole but no matter what until you get surgery you will have a flat tire. He said muscle or something will attach over it but it will tear and roll out. Like last night. Maybe I will just keep ohp at lowered weight just don't want my shoulders to look dyel
>>
>>39982443

i had bad knees too and changed my form often but never could squat without pain. then i copied Clarence Kennedy's squat technique - his knees exploded once so he should know how to squat with bad knees... - and voila.. no more knee pain from squatting
>>
Going to the gym for the first time on friday, planning on doing SS (with rows), but I figure I should know my starting weights before I properly start. So should I just use the workout on Friday to go through the 5 different exercises and determine my starting weights?
>>
File: Sleepy.jpg (80KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
Sleepy.jpg
80KB, 507x338px
How do I stop being sleepy all the time?

I get good sleep, but I still find myself getting sleepy throughout the day. Even in the gym sometimes I feel like I just want to take a nap even though im not physically worn out or anything. Ive tried:

caffeine: kinda works but i have low tolerance for it, get shaky

modafinil - modvigil, dont feel as much as other people describe, but its worse without it. also it doesnt always work, and if I take too much I find myself even sleepier than before

5hr energy - this is the best, but its expensive and I dont want to be buying or taking them everyday.
>>
>>39982578
No, do each workout as proscribed. Just test your weights for each and then do 2 more sets after that.

As for testing: basically start with the bar and add 10kg and do one rep and so on until you fail. Don't forget to rest long enough after the weights start feeling heavy.
>>
>>39982578
no you should just dick around in the gym for a week doing whatever, and if youre sore the next week then dick around with weights some more.

dont go heavy until DOMS are pretty well cleared up, then take your maxs. they can all be done on the same day.

>>39982437
bumping this, people in my gym are talking/asking me about it and ive never heard of them

>>39982148
tell her that you did delete them. send screenshot of your photostream if she doesnt believe.

>>39982024
skip running altogether, its not that good for you. swimming or walking instead of driving is much better.

>>39981929
you can lift through DOMS, but its not comfortable. just structure your workout to rest groups on days you work other muscles

>>39981913
not much out there to replace OHP, but warm up shoulders everyday except leg day with those rubber resistance bands like lateral raises only much lighter, also do shoulder hangs

>>39981752
wut?

>>39981741
dont fuck around with tendonitis, just give it a break for a couple months

>>39981680
i was skinnyfat too and cut before bulking. i feel like it set me back 9 months. bulk when its bulking season and cut when its cutting season.
>>
>>39982646
>Minimize sugar intake in favour of complex carbs.
>Get diet in order in general.
>Spend more time outside or at least on your balcony.
>Stop smoking if you do.
>Get a decent multi.
>Go get checked at a doctors.
>Improve cardio-vascular conditioning.
>>
>>39982765
>dont fuck around with tendonitis, just give it a break for a couple months
>months
>>
>>39982765
>dont fuck around with tendonitis, just give it a break for a couple months
months really?
Doctor prescribed me some for 10 days. If pain still persists after that, told me to see some sports masseur.
Guess ill jsut cut out legs all together.
Fuck this
>>
>>39982053
My current gym has only ONE (1) of these and NONE (0) squat racks.
>>
>>39982829
>prescribed me some pills*
fuck
>>
>>39982829
ibuprofen or another NSAIDs?
>>
>>39982863
Movalis
>>
>>39982832
Get a better gym
>>
>>39982832
Change gyms. If a commercial gym is cheap enough to get this shit instead of a rack or at least a normal stand with safeties - then there is no telling how well their other equipment is maintained or what other safety risks are lurking.

>>39982829
Months is overkill for tendonitis, had it a couple times and always mended within 1-2 weeks of rest - never came back in the same spot. If it doesn't heal up within that time then it is probably something more serious than tendonitis. Did your doc tell you it's tendonitis?
>>
can someone check in deadlift form. I'm feel like it's bad but idk. I know its low.

https://youtu.be/bJobTgV7_pA
>>
>>39981584
no, just eat the celery dumbass

>>39981568
protein powder is memememememe. manage your calories, eat fat protein and carbs and keep lifting and youll keep a lot of muscle
http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

>>39981558
however you want, but facing makes it easier to re rack

>>39981524
yes

>>39981419
unless youre a fatty, youre prob not losing 3% at a noticable rate. or body recomp

>>39981342
odd, i notice that tall people usually have better bench than squat/dl

>>39981175
youre suppose to feel it in lower back, erector spinae. anyone who tries to tell you its a leg exercise is retarded. its a back exercise

>>39981123
yes. assisted is acceptable. do other tricep stuff to enhance

>>39980901
DIET:
gaining weight is better/easier than losing weight
dont waste money on powdered protein
dont waste time on meme diets, just eat more to gain more, exercise more to lose fat
swap drinks for water+amino acids
GYM:
stick to basic lifts and free weights
take time to learn and practice form
never skip bench, squats, deadlifts
smith machine=leg press=waste of time & effort
lift for strength for first year at least, body comp later
dont be afraid to ask for spot or help or tips, everyone there is happy to help you.
dont skip exercises you dont like, its a slow catch up.

>>39980904
youve made it when you stop coming here

>>39980722
vitamins are good, D is always good, esp if you live in a cloudy place like PNW, B is the best one though
routine looks fine to me

>>39980672
were not really a running board

>>39980654
you can work really hard to compensate for genetics some. best you can do is raise your kids to want to work really hard too.

>>39980479
its good

>>39980319
thats acceptable
>>
>>39982921
Stop talking between your reps Benji
>>
File: weightloss.png (49KB, 1874x913px) Image search: [Google]
weightloss.png
49KB, 1874x913px
pic related is my weight loss graph since the end of november.

>light salmon: weight in kg, measured before bed, like around 11pm
>steel blue: weight measured in the morning, on an empty stomach.
>red: first derivative of the blue curve (rate of weight loss) in kgs/day
>no BF% measurement, calipers are coming in the mail next week
>lose 7 kg in 40 days
>the web everywhere says it's supposed to be way slower than that
>squat has gone down from 108 kg 5x5 to 100 kg 5x5
>BP has stayed the same
>OHP has gone down by 2kg 5x5
>deadlift pretty much the same

Is this rate of weight loss normal? I still have a layer of fat and my abs are nowhere to be seen.

I'd like to know if theoretically I could get to see them for the first time in my life if I went on losing weight (I won't do it though because I fear for my squat, and I'm told it gets much harder and longer to shed the remaining fat the lower your BF%, is that true?)

I intend to get back to a caloric surplus next week anyway, but I'm curious.
>>
>>39982792
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tendonitis+recovery+time

>>39982829
i had achilles tendontitis and it took me about 3 months to fully heal. though, i couldnt really rest it as i needed them to walk.

similar story with my rotator cuff, strained it from too much weight/work, rested for a month and did warm up exercises. mostly cleared, but 3 years later still have problems every so often.
>>
>>39982912
English isn't my first language, but she told me that it was
>inflammation of a tendon
Thats tendonitis right?
If its 1-2 weeks then its fine I guess. She told me its fine if I do other stuff in gym, just to avoid squats and leg shit like that. But not doing legs at all feels really fucking shit.
>>
>>39982934
>anyone who tries to tell you its a leg exercise is retarded. its a back exercise
Sure, the back is involved as the other reply to him indicated, but are you seriously implying the majority of force during a deadlift comes from the back and not posterior chain? Are you that fucking retarded? Are you confusing deads for GMs?
>>
>>39983010
how often are legs used in, oh, i dont know, sumo DEADLIFTS?

how much does your back move in RDL compared to squats? what is the angle of your legs in RDL?

do you even know what the erector spinae does?
>>
>>39982992
Patelar and Achilles tendonitis are not the same fucking thing. FFS recovering from surgery often takes less time than that. Never had to or met someone who had to rest more than a couple of weeks for tendonitis.

And if you have trouble with your rotator cuff 3 years after a bout of tendonitis then it isn't due to that.
>>
>>39983043
ok, thanks Dr.
>>
>>39978478
Tfw ottermode but have a pigeon chest so my ribcage shows and makes me look auschwitz
>>
A person on craigslist has the following items:

1000lb rating Power Rack
Bench
Olympic barbell (45lbs)
EZ curl bar
Olympic Weights:
45 (4)
35 (2)
25 (2)
10 (4)
5 (4)
2.5 (4)

For 550. Nothing has rust.

Was thinking offering 500. Good deal?
>>
>>39982912
I can't... for two months my parents are out of the country and I must tend to our home.

On the other hand, the PTs are really nice. One of them showed me I should squat, despite him wearing jeans.
>>
>>39983037
>RDLs are primarily a back exercise, the legs are barely involved.
>Proof: The back moves more during it than legs.
Jesus H. Christ: Are you trolling or are you a complete fucking retard who doesn't know the first thing about anatomy or exercise? You are too stupid to comprehend basic mechanics.
>>
>>39983060
So... no ottermode?
>>
>>39983072
then whats to point of doing deadlifts if its nothing more than a squat variation?
>>
I am currently doing:

A: Squats, Bench, Row

B: Squats, DL, OHP

I want to add chinups and pullups. I've thought to add chinups on day A and pullups on day B, but I'm not sure if that's optimal. Should I move any exercises (any of the ones I'm doing) for better effects?
I heard it's better to put OHP and Bench on the same day for better results, but I fear it will destroy my already weak shoulders. Also, should I do less squats? My legs are disproportionately stronger (and bigger) than the rest of my body because loadsa walking uphill for years.
>>
when in the cycle do you have the highest risk of pregnancy?
>>
>>39978845

I attempted to do C25K more frequently when I started and I gave myself runners knee.
Dont. Stick with the program.
5 months later and I can run 10k like its nothing.
>>
Guys I need help quick. I only have a few hours window so answers asap would be great.

I missed a whole night of sleep. I literally just stayed on my bed all night, probably because of caffeine. It's now daytime and I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to go the the gym without sleep. Should take a nap now and sleep til I workout? Or do I not need to? But I think this will really fuck up my sleep schedule. My brain feels fried as fuaaark right now but I think it might normalize later.
>>
>>39983108
Holy fucking shit man, you are seriously giving out advice without know the very basic shit they teach even in PT? It places more of an emphasis on the glutes and especially on the hams since the DL is hip dominant and the squat is knee dominant. But yeah, they aren't THAT dissimilar which is why you can use one to drive progress on the other to a degree.
>>
>>39983139
row, pullups and chinups hit the biceps and the back (rows to a lesser extend than pullups though) so no, that's not great imho

What i would do if i were you is modify this program (this is SL, right?) like this:
A: Squats, Bench, Pull/chinups
B: Squats, DL, OHP, Row

or keep your previous A and B and do instead

ACBCACx
BCACBCx
where C = Pull/Chinups + other accessories if you'd like, e.g. some shoulder work, calves, etc
>>
When calculating my TDEE, how the fuck do I know what my exercise level is? If I do stronglifts 3 times a week and run/play football 2 other days. Does that count as exercising 5 times a day? 2700 calories a day seems a LOT.
>>
Will body fat % naturally drop through lifting
or are there only really noticeable changes through
bulking/cutting cycle
>>
>>39983296
5 times a week, obviously.
>>
Is there any good method/website on calculating how much fat you should eat per day?
>>
>>39983296
The best way to calculate your TDEE is to look at how your weight varies when you eat a specific amount of calories and do a specific amount of exercise. You home in on your TDEE for example by eating first at what you estimate to be a +500 kcal surplus for a period of time, then what you estimate to be -500 caloric deficit, for a period of time, and see how your weight varies over each period. Those periods should be of at the very least a week. Get closer and closer to your TDEE by varying your caloric intake, until you're satisfied with your accuracy.
>>
>>39983252
This is fooking great. Thanks anon!
>>
>>39983237
I went to the gym like this last year and hit a bench pr so ymmv

>>39983322
you should focus on cutting or you'll overeat

>>39983325
you only need 40-60g every day for proper hormone function, vitamin absorption, structural components

could do about ~20g saturated, ~20 mono, ~10 poly

trans fat is the devil
>>
>>39983252
Same anon here, I've been wondering. I can barely do 3-4 chinups/pullups. Should I do 5 reps "to failure" trying to do 5? Trying to get eventually 10 reps, and then doing weighted reps? Is this correct?
>>
>>39983325
About 1.1g/kg of lean mass seems to be optimal for long term joint integrity and hormonal balance. Of course, the ratios are important too. Short term you can go as low a 50g for the average guy and be okay during the length of the average cut.
>>
>>39983399
it's not though, but you're welcome

>>39983437
I did scooby's pullup progression (look it up on youtube) and it worked like a charm, then i started doing lat pulldowns with a machine, alternating with actual pullups, until I could do them 5x5. Then, do them super slowly with perfect form (retract scapula, etc, look it up, perfect pullup form on youtube) again 5x5, then start loading or increasing the rep range, your choice.
>>
File: 1351728560081.jpg (64KB, 512x382px) Image search: [Google]
1351728560081.jpg
64KB, 512x382px
Please help /fit/

If you check the palm pulse move at 1:31 of this video
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2446701755&feature=iv&src_vid=tQhrk6WMcKw&v=mSZWSQSSEjE

So you put your hand down, fingers split and arm is perpendicular to the floor. When I do this my right wrist hurts like hell. It pains when doing push-ups too. I thought it was just my form being shit, but it is like this like for 3 week.

I should see a doctor right?But my country have shitty medical system, how do I get extra attention from doctor for this?
>>
>>39982934
Thanks my man! as well truly appreciate any help i can get from /fit/
>>
I think I have hyper-mobile wrists: I can touch my thumb fully to my forearm. (Or is that normal?) Doing wrist curls hurts them. Any other way to work on my forearms?
>>
Would having a scoop of whey everyday, as opposed to once I lift, be beneficial to me as a way to beat antipsychotic induced hunger and as a way to up protein intake?
>>
>>39983207
When the Female is ovulating which is around half way between periods. This is shit you should have learned in school also you can google this shit.
>>
>>39983063
Sounds good bro
>>
>>39984008
>the Female (even capitalized)
Why did I read this in a NatGeo voice.
>>
>>39983674
Hey, that's the guy fit talks about all the time!

Thanks again, I will do reps for you b0ss

>no homo
>>
>>39984008
>implying modern sex ed teaches you anything other that dont get drunk and always use a condom
>>
>>39984056
murrican detected
>>
>>39984073
ding
>>
File: web-David-Attenborough-1-pa.jpg (551KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
web-David-Attenborough-1-pa.jpg
551KB, 2048x1536px
>>39984038
Because Pic related's legacy will live on for centuries
>>39984056
The use of a condom would largely negate the chances of getting pregnant regardless of the females fertility. Also you can still google things.
>>
>>39983855
carry heavy things, wrist rollers
>>39983885
If it helps you then it is beneficial. Good luck with the crazy
>>
>>39984073
It's wasn't any better in some parts of Europe:
>The girls got a weeks worth of health classes, a book, tons of brochures, free sanitary pads and shit and a trip to I guess a clinic or something.
>The boys sex-ed consisted of one class: a teacher of ours told us "you will notice changes, occasionally you will wake up an feel a wetness, this is normal." That was it. Before the age of the internet we were fucking mystified and half expected for our dicks to start bleeding. Oh and we got our balls fondled by an old female doctor who I'm reasonably sure she was a pedophile.
>>
Want to try ECA stack for the first time, can't find Ephedrine. What store can I find it at or what's a good trusted online vender? Only been able to find ephrine online. Live in California if that matters.
>>
>>39984265
well, in the us females get the same treatment as the boys you listed, without the fondling. i was the one who showed my gf that she has one hole for peeing and another for vaginal stuff, and also who had to explain to her that she won't get pregnant from orgasming on my cock when i still haven't cum.
>>
Got my ab roller today, tried it for the first time. Is it supposed to absolutely murder your lower back?
>>
>>39979263
Find a fleemarket or swapmeet near you. Even if you live in the middle of nowhere there's bound to be one somewhere. I got over 200KG of rusty plates for $70 cleaned them up and painted them for an extra $10
>>
>>39984358
Are you sure you are ready for ab-rollouts? How long can you plank for? Or how many crunches with a plate before tiring out?
>>
>>39984351
>she won't get pregnant from orgasming on my cock when i still haven't cum.

You mean, with a condom right?
>>
>>39984404
Well, with a condom of course not. But she cums ridiculously fast, before I even had any chance of leaking pre let alone really cumming, and thought that that alone would force sperm out of my cock into her ovaries or w/e
>>
>>39984358
You need to stay in trunk flexion/posterior pelvic tilt

Once you go into trunk extension/anterior pelvic tilt your form is bad

Do it from the knees, do it into a wall so it stops you from going into the dangerous range of motion
>>
>>39984420
Bro you are at risk of pregnancy every second you stick your willy unprotected inside of her vag.
>>
File: 1458187484856.png (476KB, 567x556px) Image search: [Google]
1458187484856.png
476KB, 567x556px
I'm tempted to take fat burning pills.

In 100 words or less,tell me what I should know.
>>
Does anyone have the picture from the /fa/ meetup? I need something to cheer me up and it never fails
>>
>>39984543
don't waste your time unless it's ephedrine, yohimbine hcl, or dnp
>>
Is dumbbell flat press a good substitute for regular bench press?
>>
>>39984420
>>39984493
This mate, plenty of guys got stuck with a kid that way.

>>39984543
Go do your own research and don't demand to be spoon-fed - with a word count no less, are you my fucking English teacher? Go fuck yourself you anime poster cunt.

But basically: They either have a minor appetite suppressing effect and an even smaller metabolic effect whit a side of some unpleasant side-effects or they work very well but can kill you. Not worth it unless you're prepping for a contest.
>>
>>39984582
Yes, DB bench is great. Unless you want to maximize your BB bench - in which case, obviously: no.
>>
When on a cut how much should you aim to lose a week? I bulked too hard and want to early cut
>>
ECY stack--too many side effects and/or risks to be worth it or na? I have very low BP (88/48 last time) so im not very sure
>>
>>39984625
To avoid losing lean mass the most you can safely cut in terms of total boy weight % is your bf% divided by 20.

So you if you are 20% bf you can lose 1% of your body weight per week.
>>
>>39984543
you have good taste in horse
>>
What would be the ohp equivalent of a 65lbX5 military press?
>>
>>39984876
Military press is an OHP
>>
Can a bulged disc recover over a couple of months, it's not completely herniated yet. But it hurts if I do squats or deadlift also I have femur anteversion and don't now if it's correctable
>>
>>39984886
I need to know for semetric strength though and idk if using dumbbells would be different than a barbell

So I should just put 130lbx5?
>>
File: 1483623982455.jpg (192KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1483623982455.jpg
192KB, 1280x853px
How do u beat hunger when cutting?

I drink alot of water, fruit when i need something sweet. Sometimes i even smoke. But its hard when u cant fall asleep and its been 6 hours since last meal.
>>
how do i find my starting squat weight?
>>
I do a full body calisthenics routine 3x a week, but instead of pistols for legs I do 8-10 hill sprints on a pretty big hill. On my off days I run 3.5-7 miles. I tried doing pistols about 5 days ago because I was going to do sprints with my buddy the next day, and I was fine for the first few reps, but my left knee on the last rep just seized up and hurt really bad. It has hurt really bad when I do the squatting motion, even just standing up, and after a run yesterday it hurt even worse. I also started my calisthenics workout today, and I just did one set of wide pullups, which I am typically pretty good at, and as soon as I finished I felt sick to my stomach. Is this just a result of overtraining? Regardless, I am taking today off, but do you think that it was the running on my off days or the hill sprints 3x a week that put me over the edge, if it is overtraining?
>>
>>39984966
>how do i find my starting squat weight?
Do a set of 5 with the empty bar, add 10bs do another set of 5 continue until you get to a point where you can't complete 5 reps or you would consider that set an 8 or 9 out of 10 in terms of how hard you were going, That last set of 5 reps is your 5RM work off that.
>>
>>39984388
I can plank for 60 seconds. Can't do crunches due to GERD. Should I up my plank time before I attempt ab rolls again?

>>39984440
I'll try this next time, but maybe I'm not ready for ab-rollouts.
>>
>>39984911
symmetric strength is a meme with stupid low standards. Ignore it and keep getting stronger and following your program
>>
>>39984977
It's not overtraining.

You're just weak. Get stronger.
>>
>>39984977
You might be overtrained you might just be sick either way have a rest eat an extra bit to eat drink plenty of water
>>
my only option is a smith machine for squats, what exercises can i do to make up for what my body isnt doing on the smith machine?
>>
>>39984329
It's illegal in the US.
try yohimbine HCL its tool of god when used right
>>
>>39985055
alright, thanks man, gonna eat a lot tonight.
>>
>>39984938
Greens. Especially broccoli. Shit low calories but bulky enough for satiety. When you get hungry, 2 cups is 60 calories. You'll get used to the diet eventually though and stop having hunger pangs.
>>
Do I really need around 60 grams of fat in my diet? I have been under 30 grams last couple days and wonder if I need to adjust something to bring it up
>>
>>39985287
If you care about your hormones (among which testosterone, m8), digestion, and mental function, indeed.
>>
>>39985384
Not that anon, but good sources of fat when cutting? I hate being fat and don't want to go wrong here when losing weight.
>>
>>39985410
general fat intake: 20% saturated, 50% monounsaturated, 30% polyunsaturated. any transfats are to be avoided like the damn plague.

foods: nuts and seeds, grass-fed dairy (to an extent), healthy vegetable oils (to an extent). look up mct oil if you're lazy but don't overdo it with it.

keep in mind that fat has 9 calories to the gram. dietary fat doesn't make you fat, too much of it does. too much of the unhealthy variants especially does.
>>
>>39985384
Fuck maybe that's why I felt shitty. What's a good way to get some clean fat only got about 200 cals left for day.
>>
>>39985482
feck meant 30/50/20 with the %, was distracted. not that important anyway just don't fall for the "saturated is generally bad mkay" meme, they are needed too.

>>39985497
macadamia nuts have 76g per 100g, blend some into your shakes. or look up the mct I mentioned and cook with it (pay attention to dosage). Or just wolf down lots of pumpkin seeds, should do the trick and does wonders for your prostate and hormones in the long run.

honorable mention: most vitamins and other micronutrients are fat soluble. avoiding fat too much actually is bad for you just for that reason not to mention those i listed above
>>
>>39978571
i have started and stopped couch to 5k more times than i can count due to TERRIBLE shin splints, I tried EVERY stretch and solution out there that didn't cost much and nothing worked, I always get to around week 3-4 and I can no longer stand the shin splints and have to stop, it was so fucking frustrating. I picked up biking, but I wasn't losing weight fast enough to get back to running, eventually I fucked up my arms and couldn't bike anymore. I was about to give up until I decided to go all out, I went and bought the best running shoes I could get my hands on for a good price, I went through 4 pairs due to moderate use until I found the one that worked, I also bought a shit-ton of inserts, leg warmers and knee braces/wraps. I stayed on week one for 3 months, until eventually everything fell into place and I was able to do it without shinsplints. that's when I began progressing and I realized I need to treat them as "phases" and not literal weeks. I'm done with it now, but it was the most fucking grueling process that took me 3 years to complete. Don't give up my man, keep hitting it and fixing the problem until you get there, I started it when I was 250, now I'm 180 and it's fantastic.
>>
>>39985519
Thank you I see the issue I quit using milk in my shakes to cut a few more calories and eat more food. Turns out that took about 20 g outta my diet. Good to know that because I have been low last couple days.
>>
>>39985624
It's not rocket science but it does need some planning in the long run. Barring actual allergies, nothing will really harm you in the long run as long as calories and macros add up and you don't overdo anything.
>>
If im squating 110 5x3 does that mean ive hit or almost hit 3 plates?
>>
>>39985637
Yea I'm getting better just never new I needed a minimum in fat. Actually only looked at like cal. Protein and carbs
>>
>>39985704
110KG btw
>>
If i only go to the gym twice a week and im on a cut will i lose even more gains?
>>
>>39985714
Stop doing that. Fat being inherently bad stems from a sugar industry shill in the late 1920s.
>>
>>39985704
Did you mean 3 sets of 5? You have not hit 3 plates
>>
>>39985764
when will I have hit that point? obvs without testing my 1rm
>>
>>39985752
I don't think it's bad just wasn't getting enough trying to eat like fish and chicken and shit just thought it was irrelevant but obviously not
>>
>>39985788
fatty fish is pretty sweet for that protein/fat ratio and also omega 3 and 6, just saying. just don't expect canned tuna to do the trick.
>>
File: 1483065620019.jpg (223KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1483065620019.jpg
223KB, 540x540px
I have been bulking on 3x5 for about 3 months now. Lifts have gone up a lot, I've gained weight but I haven't really gained much muscle except in my thighs and ass. Should I start doing hypertrophy, and how long should a bulk usually last?
>>
Nauh got nice yellowfin tuna steaks from behind the counter and some smoked salmon. 30grams at 110 calories. Just never paid attention to fat high or low
>>
What brand of brown rice do you guys get? I'm looking for a decent brand and feel like this is a good place for recommendations on that.
>>
File: zyzz.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
zyzz.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
I'm trying to ask a question but it keeps saying its spam how do i fix this?
>>
>>39985874
>39985874
you're probably trying to post a hyperlink which generally isn't allowed
>>
Is it okay to train a muscle group three times a week? Id like to do a full body routine three times a week.
>>
Cardio question

How much Cardio should I be doing whilst I go to the gym?
I cycle about 5 miles to the gym, so relatively warm when I arrive.
Back in high school the coach would always get me to do 10-20mins before I started weights (to warm up?)
I still do this either on a spin bike or rowing machine.
Am I doing too much Cardio if my goal is to gain size and strength?
>>
>>39985906
alright ill try again
can someone explain the vgngainz against vgnchtuh scenario. there are so many rebuttles and I'm too busy to invest
>>
>>39985953
Also, what would be a faster way to gain muscle, maintaining my body weight or losing my weight then bulking. I'm 6'2 195
>>
I've got fucking awful anterior pelvic tilt.

My gut looks like I drink 3 pints of lager with every meal and my ass looks like I'm an over-eager prison bitch.

Needless to say, avoiding sitting for extended periods from here on in...but what in the fuck do I do to reverse this?
>>
How are we supposed to buy underwear when the models arent as aesthetic as us?
>>
>>39985871
pls respond
>>
>>39986058
exactly same situation bro, but I can't not sit for prolonged periods. As for reversing it, there are alot of guys out there with guides and routines. The reddit wiki has alot of information. check it out.
>>
>>39986113
Found this, I'll give it a go in the mornings and see what happens.

lunge stretch (squeeze butt, hips tilt, rock *slightly* forward) 2 x 20s

cat/camel stretch 20rep

hip extension (all fours on knees, lift leg to air with knee bent) 20 on each leg

glute bridge (heels to butt, core TIGHT, push hips up, flex glutes) 20 reps

clams (on side, knees stacked and spread knees apart, maintaining focus on glutes.) 20 reps

3x3 hand walkouts

planks for everyone. Front and sides, 30 seconds each.

foam roll outside of leg (from hip to knee)
>>
Should I bring the barbell above my face or past my head for skullcrushers/french press/tricep whatever the fuck
>>
>>39986176
yeah, sounds like a good start. I'm working on a couple fronts, so i decided to leave the APT work until I reach my target weight, and then work on my posture collectively.
>>
>>39985804
A bulk, as a beginner, should last until your lifts stall.

>>39985871
Hard to fuck up brown rice

>>39985704
A plate in kg is 20kg. xpl8 is x amount of plates on both sides of the barbell.

1pl8 is 20*2+barbell=60. 2pl8 is 2*2*20+barbell=100.

"three plates" is 20*2*3+barbell=140

The other option is you wonder is 110kg squat 5x3 implies you can do 140

Search for 'one rep max calculator', there are some formulas and sites. Sets can't be calculated because of rest time so they only calculate weight and reps performed.
>>
tfw ab-rollouts, planks, pushups all hurt the fuck out of my lower back
Is this because I have a desk job or what?
>>
>>39986257
Underlying injury or postural problems I think
>>
>>39985172
That's a shame, would I need to take aspirin and caffeine along with Yohimbine HCL or is it an all in one? I'm going to do my own research, but could use some guidance from someone who's used it before.
Also any brand that's more trusted/pure than others?
>>
>>39986257
see

>>39986058
and
>>39986176

your back is tight and your abs are loose from sitting for extended periods.
>>
>>39986321
Hm, I've started doing some of those already, so I guess I'm on the right track. Are foam rollers really as good as people here make them out to be? What's their purpose, even?
>>
File: 81misx7UWmL._SL1500_.jpg (178KB, 759x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81misx7UWmL._SL1500_.jpg
178KB, 759x1500px
>>39985172
>>39986300
Is this a good brand? Found it on Amazon for Less than $10 a bottle of 90 pills.
>>
>>39986356
Your muscles are bundled up in stuff called myofascia. This gets really tight and causes pain and inflammation. This can be released by massage, hence very wealthy individuals get sport massages after lifting heavy things up and putting them down again.

You and I aren't that wealthy, so we get foam rollers that allow us to release our myofascia and not have nearly as much tightness and pain after lifting.

This is especially useful for suckers like us who have anterior pelvic tilt because it means we can loosen up our lower backs and outer knees. We will rectify our issues that years of shit working and educational environments have forced onto us, and look like greek gods.

TL;DR: Foam rollers are lush. Get one.
>>
File: 20170111_222723-1.jpg (2MB, 2261x1482px) Image search: [Google]
20170111_222723-1.jpg
2MB, 2261x1482px
How do I fix a pec imbalance like this?

t. A 5x5 dyel that got it by having bad push-up form before I actually started lifting.
>>
>>39986552
The same weight will work a weaker muscle harder than a stronger one.

In this case, your strong moob will chill until your weak moob catches up.

Focus on your form, take it slow and ensure you're not lifting one side faster than the other, if your form fucks up then take a rest and try again later.

Your weak moob will catch up and you'll have chesticles of a greek god.
>>
File: 1483990728586.jpg (15KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1483990728586.jpg
15KB, 255x204px
>>39986591
Alright man, thanks for the solid advice.
>>
I saw a thread a while back about some weird rep scheme for strength training that was supposed to be really effective but I don't remember what it was called. I think it had you doing high reps to warm up but then you'd do a bunch of 3 rep sets towards the end. It was apparently kind of a newish program and was supposed to be "scientifically backed." Does anybody know what I'm talking about? Only asking cus google turned up nothing.
>>
Trying to cut weight so I'm not such a fat shit all the time. What's the best way to get the actual fats I do need while on a 15k daily? Do I need a full 50g when on a cut?
>>
new thread

>>39987042
>>39987042
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.