[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a 1000-1200 calorie diet safe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

For a recovering fat fuck, my bmr is 1800-2000 cals/day, is a 1000-1200 calorie diet (Intermittent fasting) going to ruin my metabolism?
Pic related, but not me.
>>
>>39976798

your TDEE should be 3k+ then if you're active(ie go to the gym and do your cardio).

don't be a retarded shit and cut at 1800+ minimum, otherwise your muscles will waste away which will further rape your metabolism and you'll look like a disgusting pot bellied piece of shit with 10 inch arms and saggy tits.

Also you'll feel miserable from starving yourself.
>>
eat 1500 and do cardio
>>
If you think you can maintain it forever, then it should be okay.
If 2 weeks of 1000 calories is too hard, bump it up a bit.
As long as you remain under your TDEE, you'll be making progress.
Don't try to do too much too fast.
>>
>>39976823
oh BMR.

eat 500 below TDEE, jesus.

usually anything under 1,000 calories causes metabolic damage
>>
>>39976819
Yeah no I usually stay at about a 800-1000 deficit, and i seem to feel fine, I don't really feel very hungry during the day, which is really why I'm asking, because feelings can be deceiving.
>>
>>39976835
I'm at a week and a half, of course the first three days of much lower sugar made my head hurt but thus far I've not had any real hunger pains or headaches past that, I even have more energy than before I started this whole Intermittent fasting thing.
>>
>>39976798
maybe you want to reduce your intake gradually while also gradually increasing your activity until you find the right combination.
Hunger might ruin your cut if you start out too extreme
>>
>>39976848

If your BMR is 1800-2000(and you are decently active) and you eat 1000 cals a day then you are going to be at a 1800-2000+ deficit you retarded fat shit.

that's a tremendous difference between 800-1000 deficit and 2k.
>>
>>39976798
this is why people complain that dieting doesnt work
>>
>>39976798
Yes.
If you are doing something that requires lots of energy as a job then you're probably kinda fucked unless you eat well.

Look up PSMF and read The Rapid Fat Loss Diet book. You can find the pdf with a simple google search right now.
>>
>>39976933
Well at the moment my energy is dedicated to finding a new job, the company i worked for got closed down due to bankruptcy, as I ramp up physical activity though i plan on eating more, however the consensus I see here is even if I weren't doing any, 1000 calories is too low, eat a little more, and start ramping up my activity, which is what I wanted to know.
>>
>>39976978
calculate your TDEE (aprox) then substract 500-1000 cals
>>
>>39976878
>2000-1000=1000 calorie deficit
>Hur dur 2k+ deficit
Do you even maths bro?
>>
>>39977272

Do you know what BMR and TDEE is you brainless fat fuck.

get the fuck out of here you NYR piece of shit.
>>
>>39976798
>is a 1000-1200 calorie diet (Intermittent fasting) going to ruin my metabolism
nah, the first month is okay
>>
>>39976798
yes

eat enough protein.

go to the gym and try to not lower weight. only reps.

though weight will drop

dont listen to starving memers
>>
>>39976835
>>39976858
iam at 12 weeks.

lost 10 kg

tdee 2400 or something
eating 1000-1200 cals and one day in the week where i eat with my parents i just eat and probably end at 2k

175cm(5.9)
currently less then 74 kg. (i only measure weight once a week or 2 weeks)
>>
>>39976917
it doesnt work if you have no discipline and stop doing it and afterwards eat above maintenance.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.