[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Willpower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 20170111_003354.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px)
20170111_003354.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
How do you muster up the strength to pull yourself out of a rut? I have been fantasizing of being /fit/ my whole life. What made you become fit?
But I'm a dyel loser that smokes and drinks and can't get pussy if it fell on his face.
I'm 24 and 135lbs and depressed.
Mind you broke my left wrist 3 times so south paw kinda fucked even though I'm a lefty

How do I stop being pathetic?

Pic related my chicken body.
>>
old faggot here. use to lift when younger then got shit tier old smoker and drink body. past two months hit the gym and getting buff old faggot body. just fucking go, you will feel ace in a couple of weeks and your mental health will improve.
>>
>>39972729
But I've never liften anything in my life and my left hand hurts when I grip something.

Was captin of the swim team and gold medalist 100m slalom skiing before high school though.

Now just look and feel like shit.
>>
Honestly just fucking go. Motivation eventually becomes irrelevant. You need to create the habit, whether you want to or not, and then have the discipline to keep going.

It's easier to do it and think "this is just what I do now, this is part of my routine like brushing my teeth" than it is to rely on motivation, like "yeah boy I'm gonna work out and then get those gains and then get that gf" etc.

Just make little changes and stick with them. Don't try to become perfect overnight. Pick "start lifting" or "start cardio" or "start proper nutrition" or "quit drinking" or "quit smoking" and just fucking do it. Do it whether you want to or not, your body and mind WILL get used to it and then it just becomes part of who you are. Once you're comfortable with your new habit pick another one.

I smoked for 8 years, drank beer daily for years, would spaz out if I went over a day without weed, was completely sedentary and ate pizza and cookies. You need motivation to make the initial decision to change yourself but you don't need it to keep up the habit changes. Discipline.
>>
>>39972696
Nice bulge tho skeletor
>>
>>39972814
I'm a bit of a neet and poorfag. Don't really have access to gym.

But I have a a machine and a few weights at home.
>>
>>39972696
Willpower is the divide between your self-perpetuating identity and what your body can actually do. If you can't do what your identity requires, you get mad at your body, and you force it to fit your ideal.

Picture where you want to be, and devote yourself to it with an all-consuming passion. When you hate your body so much that destroying it and forcing it to fit your image are equally desirable outcomes, then you can start making progress
>>
>>39973471
I am nearing that point. Am skinnyfat and hate myself.

But I guess not enough to push me over the edge.

Any defining moments from you guys?
>>
>>39972696
>>39973566

time is gonna pass regardless, so you may as well lift, no? even if you can't lift weights, do pushups or whatever. do something every day

eventually you either reach a point where you get so low/hate yourself enough that you change or you find the motivation somewhere.

mine was the simple fact that within 3 months of serious lifting you're already automatically superior to 90% of normies
>>
>>39972878
Haha thanks? I guess.
>>39973695
I've tried, go super onepunchman for 3 days, then feel sore like a truck hit me and then forget about it and quit.
Fuck.
And I apply this mentality to everything in life. Made me a friendless neetsperg despite being somewhat handsome facially.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.