[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>stopped lifting about 2 months ago because doctors told me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>stopped lifting about 2 months ago because doctors told me so
>weird pain in my head 2 weeks straight
>docs thinks it's a tumor, a pretty weird one
>spend 2 months thinking I might just never exercise again
>see my body turn back to a almost dyel status (not so much, but really below my standars)
>get a mri last week, results came in today
>turns out im healthy and it was just a mid ear inflammation that cured itself.

I'm so fucking happy bros. Finally will be able to lift tomorrow and I'm gonna go at it like a fucking beast.

Did you ever have to stop lifting for a long period of time?
>>
Cool
>>
This is fucking awesome, happy for you anon
>>
>>39965136
Depression and gallstones put me out of action for 10 goddamn months (should have been a fortnight but the NHS is the best healthcare provider in the world).

I know that feel. Prepare for DOMS, but after a week, now that you know what happens if you stop going, you'll get addicted and never willingly miss another workout.

Case in point; my gym shut a week for Christmas, and I fell completely off the wagon. I used to be a smoker, and not being able to lift felt exactly like quitting cold turkey; I lost most inhibitions, did nothing productive, sleeping pattern and diet went to shit. Depression and anxiety came back too.

First day back though, I felt like the king of the goddamn world (also I'd just started taking electrolyte supplements so that helped).

Godspeed anon.
>>
>>39965136
now go destroy those weights OP
we're all gonna make it
>>
>>39965246

holy shit I'm missing doms so much

Luckily I had the consistency to attend to the gym for 2 years and a couple of months straights until this, and I remember the sweet feeling of being unable to wash my hair due to arm's doms or standing out of bed due to my legs killing me.

I'm so looking forward to it.

Also it's weird how just one week of the tracks can pretty much fuck you for a long period of time.
>>
>>39965281
The pain is the mark of sweet, sweet gains.

Well luckily I follow a really strict routine, so once the gym re-opened I got back in to that within a couple of days. Discipline is the key.

Tell you one thing I didn't miss; shitting 3 times a day. Can't wait for my next cut, I'll be rich with not having to buy so much TP.
>>
>>39965331

Damn, I didn't stop the shitting part.

I really couldn't stop eating like I was lifting even though I wasn't

It was starting to show... good thing I'll be back at it
>>
>>39965346
Hah, might be time for a cut then tubs. Might be good actually; once you've cut you can bulk and see the progress.
>>
>>39965136
>doctors told you to stop lifting
you should have just stopped going to the doctor instead
>>
>>39965136
That happened to me when I was 18. I got a chest x-ray when I had a heart palpitation and they thought I had a huge fucking tumor in my right lung. I spent a week coping with the possiblity of death just for them to call me up and say they had dust on the equipment. It's a wild ride.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.