[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What/Who do you lift for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

What/Who do you lift for?
>>
>>39965102
My own goals.
>>
>>39965993
Clarification: To compete in strongman.
>>
File: smug sinestro.jpg (85KB, 453x430px) Image search: [Google]
smug sinestro.jpg
85KB, 453x430px
>>39965102
>Individual Strength
>Self-respect
>Willpower
>Fearlessness (Or considerably less fear in my day-to-day life)
>Good looks (read: to go to the beach without shame
And yes, by extent, the grills. But for myself and a dozen other, more vital things first.
>>
I don't even fucking lift mate

you think I'm some kinda beta? LOL
>>
For my dad.

He always tried to get me to start lifting with him but I never really liked it and didn't see the point it in. He was disappointed. One day he told me that I can't call myself a real man unless I can squat at least 200 kg. Shortly after he passed away.

That was the reason why I started. In his home gym there still hangs a table with his handwriting and personal lifts that I plan on beating some day.
>>
File: guts.jpg (190KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
190KB, 1920x1200px
That's easy, I just want to be more like Guts.
>>
>>39965555
>>
>>39965102
To attract women and intimidate competing males
>>
File: Z5LlVuJ.jpg (2MB, 2327x3235px) Image search: [Google]
Z5LlVuJ.jpg
2MB, 2327x3235px
I lift because in a world where most of the main masculine traits are a social sin, lifting is one of the few things that really make you feel like a Man.

I may not have to defend my country, work the soil or protect my family, but damn does lifting lmao3pl8 off the ground feel good.
>>
>>39965102
For tay tay ofcourse!
>>
>self respect
I already have alot of self respect (read: pride) but there's still aspects that hurt today where I feel shame about things I haven't yet achieved.

>Clothes
I'm tall as fuck, so being chubby makes me look like shit in clothes. I would wear the dopest shit once I get ripped

>Mental
You are literally happier when you're /fit/ I know I was when I was still in good shape plus knowing you made it makes you feel so good about yourself and that you can do whatever you want in life.

>A good body
I hate feeling insecure about my body. I want to look good so that I don't have to constantly overthink when I'm on dates or when I'm having sex "is she looking at my love handles, I must look gross from this angle." Plus I'm a super hard worker, I just can't cut for shit, cause I still have a rugby players apetite.. but I want people to know by my body that I work super hard and have dedication.

>Bitches
I've met some super nice women in my life and I wish I could be so much sexier that they'd feel prouder being with me in public but anxious about letting me out alone. I just literally have to get this eating thing right... I'm already 80% there.

I'm not looking for (you)'s btw I'm just writing this out as a sort of self therapy session to myself.. I'm too lazy to get a diary.
>>
>>39965102
to get the norwegian gold in weightlifting
>>
File: 1480668536242.jpg (125KB, 1080x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1480668536242.jpg
125KB, 1080x1191px
>>
File: 1479024762332.jpg (75KB, 852x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479024762332.jpg
75KB, 852x500px
To make the sadness go away, it worked for a bit. But now it's back.
>>
I lift because I hate fat people
>>
I work out to improve my quality of life. Both long term and immediately.

I need hobbies and I need them to be physical. I can't stand being bored. Boredom fills me with existential dread and causes me to make poor decisions. I need to fill my time every day and I need to fall asleep easily at night. When I don't work out I can't sleep at night, and I don't wake up easily in the morning. If I do work out I sleep easily and look forward to waking up in the morning because I am excited for a new day. When I don't lift and I can't sleep I lay in bed at night and dwell on things. It's unpleasant.

As for long term, I don't want to lose what I already have. I can't be weak or slow or out of shape and do the things I love doing. I play in two different amateur sport leagues, I snowboard during winter, and I work a physically demanding job. On top of other hobbies that I'd rather be in shape for than not. I also intensely dislike having even slight amounts of flab on me. Partly out of vanity, but also just because I can't stand the way it feels to jiggle when you move. I like being tight and I like looking strong and fit. And I want to impress people. I want my friends and family to think I'm better than I am, and I'm all to aware of the importance of appearances when meeting new people or dealing with strangers. I want to present a certain image, and muscles are a part of it.

I lift for myself. I don't lift for girls. I don't need to. I've never had much trouble with girls.
>>
I lifted for her. The only person who managed to make me happy. Now I lift because it's the only thing that distracts me from the pain, she hates me /fit/ and I can't deal with the fact I'll never talk to her again.
>>
>>39966216
stop being a faggot dear god
>but you don't understand!
stop being a faggot
>>
>>39965102
>Shit ass poor (20K)
>No good job prospects
>Still need to attract a mate
I'd just fuck sluts but I'm a Catholic, so I'm done for if I don't Got Dem Aesthetics
>>
>>39966216
I don't believe in objective truth, but what >>39966522 is saying is the one thing that you need to accept. The sooner you let this happen, the better.
>>
I'm literally addicted and don't feel right if I'm not getting a good pump. I've been stagnating gains because i try to take rest days but suddenly find myself lifting. The worst part is that i have a rest dependent body, i was able to get myself yo rest for like 3 days and when i came back i was lifting an extra 10lbs easy.
>>
Whenever I don't lift I get depressed so I keep on lifting

Originally started out because of vanity and women
>>
>>39966875
This also I genuinely really want huge quads.
>>
>>39966875
this il just trash myself until it stops hurting
>>
>>39966544
Don't worry, every other Catholic is a degenerate anyways.
>>
Because I want to live longer. Simple.
>>
>>39966522
>>39966544
You're both true desu. I tend to beat myself up about shit like that. Shit will get better and i know it will. Thanks, sorta needed that wake-up call.
>>
File: 1cfd13d6bb45990f24fe963119f4b583.jpg (577KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1cfd13d6bb45990f24fe963119f4b583.jpg
577KB, 1000x1000px
>not lifting for waifu/husbando
>>
>>39966029
The feels man. How close are you to your goal?
>>
To stop being such a weak faggot. Now I feel like I want to become a competitive lifter in some way.
>>
wearing better clothes
>>
File: 07d.jpg (16KB, 427x300px) Image search: [Google]
07d.jpg
16KB, 427x300px
>>39965102
Simply because lifting weights makes me a more complete person. I only started doing it in my late teen years to not be a weak bitch I was and it improved my life substantially.
It gives me energy, self confidence, staves off depression in the winter and generally makes me happier.
Stuff like looking better in the mirror and getting mired are pretty secondary to me, although they're still there.
>>
Staying strong so my kid will be less ashamed of me
>>
>>39965102

> Grills ofc

Everything else is just a meme
>>
>>39966053
Why is he a sith though
>>
File: 1475969155997.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475969155997.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>>39965102
to distract myself from how unhappy i am
>>
File: pride.gif (334KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
pride.gif
334KB, 500x251px
I lift because I have pride.
>>
>Top 0.1%ile of the world intellectually
>Earn $200000+ a year
>Have a loving wife who absolutely adores me and vice versa
>Ignored my body for most of my life, now getting back in shape

Just need a good body and I will be God. I lift for that feeling, the feeling of having everything in your life perfect. It may not last forever, but I want to taste it once.
>>
>>39965102
Health and I like having defined arms.

Unashamed curlbro masterrace
>>
File: hidden.jpg (68KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
hidden.jpg
68KB, 480x640px
For my waifu who I'm going to see if it's possible to buy outright of her contract and force her to be a family women if not I'll have the strength to take her off this earth
>>
File: 1455767499685_0.jpg (369KB, 2048x1618px) Image search: [Google]
1455767499685_0.jpg
369KB, 2048x1618px
>>39965102
To be the best fighter in all the LARP realms, and swordfighting in general.
Speaking of, anyone in Massachusetts know any good places? Still looking for one.
>>
Lifting is fun and when you see yourself lifting more then others you will be happy because youre a dick
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.