[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It it true that if I eat at a deficit, my metabolism adjusts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

It it true that if I eat at a deficit, my metabolism adjusts over time and then that becomes my TDEE so I stop losing weight meaning I have to constantly increase my deficit?
>>
>>39964888

yes and if you eat at a surplus your metabolism adjusts over time and becomes your tdee so you stop gaining weight meaning you have to constantly increase your surplus to 15,000+
>>
No you lose weight and then your maintenance level of calories becomes lower.
>>
your tdee is based on your weight

you eat at a deficit, you eventually lose weight, your tdee changes.

it may take ~2500 calories a day to maintain a 80kg body but only only ~2000 to maintain a 65kg body

if you were to want to lost more weight you'd have to eat less than that
>>
File: 1413097815012.gif (997KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1413097815012.gif
997KB, 160x160px
>>39964888

there are two parts to this answer
first, if you lose mass as a result of a decific, then you require less calories simply because you're now smaller, as anons are saying already

you might be talking about metabolic adaptation though, which happens to a small degree - it varies person to person and more significantly in women - which is where your body can adapt to a lower level of calorie intake as maintenance by expending less on other processes. But it's not something that would have a significant effect on weight loss, only marginal.
>>
>>39964940

deficit* I have no idea what the fuck I'm typing, ugh

and I want to qualify mass as absolute mass, incl fat, not LBM
>>
>>39964888
For the newbie yes. But not exactly, Metabolism is just the rate the body expends the calories taken in. If you have a very high muscle mass you would have an increased metabolic rate and would need a huge amount of calories in relation to someone of the same weight but has much higher fat to muscle ratio.

So that means if you gain muscle weight atvthe same rate you are losing fat you cam theoretically keep your body weight the same but increase your tdee.
>>
>>39964957
>For the newbie yes. But not exactly, Metabolism is just the rate the body expends the calories taken in. If you have a very high muscle mass you would have an increased metabolic rate and would need a huge amount of calories in relation to someone of the same weight but has much higher fat to muscle ratio.

No, no you would not.
That is fucking wrong.

You would need more calories if you had high NEAT and had larger body mass, not just because that body mass is made of more muscle.
>>
>>39964957

all other things equal, eating at a deficit will over time reduce your mass and thus your calorie intake.

>gain muscle weight at the same rate you are losing fat

doesn't happen past absolute novice stage though (unless the rate is so low as to be negligible), so no point talking about it really
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.