[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can knowing your DNA composition be useful in getting fit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

I wanna know if getting your DNA examined and studying the sequence can help you determine the best routine for you? Have any of you tried it, if so, did it help you at all or was it a waste of time? Certainly knowing your code to the digit has some benifits, right?
pic unrelated.
>>
>>39964279
cute pic mind if i save
>>
>>39964285
this is adorable. do you think if people asked every time to save a pic there would be so many cancerous memes or even pepe?
>>
File: 1481918341693-fit.jpg (20KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
1481918341693-fit.jpg
20KB, 300x350px
>>39964285
>>
>>39964279
i havnt, i dont really know what they can ascertain from your dna other than lineage, but i am almost positive there isnt any research into routines for certain dna. and if that were possible in the first place, it would likely be from a potential hormonal profile linked to your genetics, that i also highly doubt there is research on, save for hormones involving obesity, like leptin and ghrelin
>>
/sci/fags get out.
>>
>>39964308
asking to save pic is a meme.
>>
>>39964590
fitness is science. you fags just rely on the broscience
>>
>>39964279
yes. myostatin deficiency will be present or not present upon testing.
>>
>>39964617
that wont help with a routine. and a deficiency would be pretty noticeable id imagine
>>
people who did routines and technique that was more aligned to their somatypes and genetics (recovery, frequency, density, rep ranges... the list goes on) made 20% more strength and size gains within the same time frame as control, and those that had purposely mismatched ones had -10%.
>>
>>39964679
source
>>
>>39964652
knowing if you have a myostatin deficiency won't help you with a routine. holy fuck you are new.

maybe if flex wheeler had a better routine he would have won Mr. Olympia, as his was constantly criticized by other bodybuilders and coaches as too low intensity. which his myostatin deficiency made up for. stop posting anytime.
>>
>>39964679
When looking at such studies its important to know who bankrolled the study.
>>
>>39964679
how exactly was the best routine for a particular person genetics determined?
>>
>>39964742
did somebody hurt you, anon? any feels you'd like to share?
>>
>>39964742

This assumes that Flex actually had a myostatin deficiency, rather than the other usual explanation given (that rather than use and train year round, he slammed his whole budget into five or six months worth of truly absurd dosages).
>>
File: Screenshot_51.jpg (29KB, 560x512px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_51.jpg
29KB, 560x512px
>>39964771
yeah, this doesnt look like a myostatin deficiency to me
>>
>>39964770
using this unironically.

>>39964771
there is no assumption. there is no point in educating you while you try to argue with me. educate yourself before speaking, the have proved yourself a fool.

>In fact, out of the nine men who had this myostatin deficiency, Flex had the rarest kind – the ‘exon 2’ gene.
http://www.isegoria.net/2004/06/myostatin-belgian-blue-and-flex-wheeler/
http://www.gym-talk.com/flex-wheeler/

knowing you are force sensitive has nothing to do with what kind of jedi training you should receive.
>>
>>39964810

I notice you're not actually providing any source or evidence for this claim.
>>
>>39964820

It's odd. I can find a press release and a bunch of sites saying that the University of Pittsburgh said Flex had the mutation, I can't find the actual research from the uni saying this.

Got a link?
>>
>>39964765
Wondering this too. Any links or sources?
>>
>>39964849
>spoonfeed me more please
find it yourself. or find claims disputing the study.
>>
>>39964866

It's hard to find rebuttals of a study that doesn't appear to have ever been submitted to any journals, let alone published.
>>
>>39964279
Not yet but science is on the verge of being able to "sequence" out muscle types in humans. That will tell us what type of fibers (1,2,2x) and how many myonuclei and mitochondria there are. Give it 5-10 years OP
>>
>>39964879
let me know when you do.
>>
>>39964879
FLEX WHEELER IS MY FAVORITE NATTY VEGAN BODYBUILDER AND CAN DO NO WRONG
>>
>>39964820
>educate yourself before speaking, the have proved yourself a fool.

found the 16 y/o
>>
Even if we had an accurate way of interpreting it probably not super useful for anyone who wasn't an elite athlete.
>>
>>39965083
solid rebuttal
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.