[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Body-Weight Training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7300.jpg (12KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7300.jpg
12KB, 278x181px
Can I do the same body-weight exercises every day or no?

I know for weights you can't, but I see people say you shouldn't for body-weight, but prisoners do the same exercises every day and still get jacked despite eating terrible food.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Also, what are some good body weight exercises for forearms
>>
>>39949298
Your source for this is actor in movies right?
>>
>>39949309
Prison documentaries and prisoners always say that they're constantly just working out in they're free time because they have nothing better to really do
>>
>>39949298
>Can I do the same body-weight exercises every day or no?
No. Bodyweight or free weights, your muscles still need rest, which they won't get if you work them every day.

>Also, what are some good body weight exercises for forearms
Pretty much any exercise where you're hanging from a bar.
>>
>>39949332
So, should I just do that 3 day routine on Reddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
>>
File: Startbodyweight.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
Startbodyweight.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>39949350
Either that, or pic related.
>>
>>39949332
Because I've been the last week just doing the same routine everyday and I've been seeing good growth, but my triceps have been pretty sore but I think that's more because of a muscle knot
>>
>>39949389
If you don't let your muscles rest properly, at some point it's going to bite you in the ass. You might feel fine now, but it's a really bad idea in the long run.
>>
>>39949418
That makes sense but I don't understand how those prisoners who workout every day manage to get away with that.

Does anyone know why?
>>
>>39949483
because they dont do hard exercises and in result their training is cardio
they literally do saitama routine

if you want to be real man buy rings and train rings routines, additionaly ropeclimb, do handstand pushups, press handstands and stuff like that for conditioning
>>
>>39949298
I did this for pretty much all of high school so I could ace the fitness test for the service academies.
I honestly should have rested. I made terrible progress for two years and only when I started taking rest days (typically every third day) did I start making large strides in gains.
>>
>>39949603
What? They do a bunch of push-ups and dips every day which is what I want to do

So does that mean it's okay to do that every day?
>>
>>39949298
Yes, you can. BUT you will need to vary intensity.

And by vary intensity I mean fewer reps when you're feeling more wrecked, less strenuous movements when you're feeling joint pain or rather weak.
Etc etc.
Exercise needs to be an organic extension of your life and something that is approached in a way to benefit you. Not a rigid thing that needs to be done the exact same way or else.
>>
>>39949639
yes its okay but you wont be strong or big doing the same shit forever
>>
>>39949298

I am not too experienced in working out but all the rules that apply with weights could apply to BDT.

To be honest, you have to focus your workout depending in what are your goals. A broad spectrum could be strength, endurance, aesthetics (lol) or improving in a sport or physical activity. Depending on the load and the goals you have to time your workouts and keep in mind the rest days.

tl;dr: just do this (for now)

>>39949364
>>
>>39949901
To be honest, I guess I'm going more for the aesthetic right now than anything
>>
>>39950676

then take the principles of any aesthetics routine with weights and apply it to BDT.

It's mostly strength/endurance while checking on mass and keep your diet clean. IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT THE DIET FOR AESTHETICS.
>>
>>39950811
Is this aesthetics routine thing in the sticky?

Where can I read more about this?
>>
>>39949298
prisoners typically use steroids which reduces recovery time.

But recently a lot of people are claiming naturally you should be able to work out 5 - 6 days per week just fine. I've seen this conscientious growing.
>>
>>39949639
if you want to do 10 pushups and 10 dips everyday, that's cardio
if you want to progress, you need to take rests
>>
File: 8760.jpg (57KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
8760.jpg
57KB, 700x394px
>>39951221
>But recently a lot of people are claiming naturally you should be able to work out 5 - 6 days per week just fine.

Is that for bw or working out in general? if they mean cardio, then I guess you can do it every day
>>
>>39952134
I've been lifting 6 days a week for the last year, and been seeing more gains than any other routine. Just gotta make sure you have a routine that doesn't hit the same muscle groups too often.
Ex: Day 1 = Chest/Back Day 2 = Arms/Shoulders Day 3 = Legs/Core, repeat this twice then rest.
>>
It all depends on your training methodology. There are some programs where you do high resistance bodyweight movements every day, through out the day and can keep it up every day. However the rep range is usually 1 and the rest periods are half an hour or more.

Look up Pavel Tsatsouline's "The Naked Warrior". The program is a long progression of One Arm Pushups (to eventually one arm one leg dive bomber pushups) and one legged squats.

If you work anything to failure you will need considerably rest. If you constantly avoid failure you will not need the same level of rest. But you can't work nearly as hard. Russian athletic training of the 1970s and 1980s consisted of 10+ practices a week for some types of athletes but the routines were considerably less taxing.

The mentality is obtaining a tan not a sunburn.
>>
>>39952225
Yep, that works, personally I do ABxABxx, but on rest days I feel like my CNS needs that day off, more so than my muscles
>>
There are also theories that when surrounded by men and particularly aggressive men your body will produce more testosterone. Part of it is constantly working out but part of it is the all male and aggressive atmosphere which men in prison live in.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.