[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I do hypertrophy, be on a caloric deficit, and not destroy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: shutterstock78631201[1].jpg (37KB, 600x538px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock78631201[1].jpg
37KB, 600x538px
Can I do hypertrophy, be on a caloric deficit, and not destroy myself? Is this the

Or should I just do higher weight and lower reps? I hate the feelign of stagnation that coems with highw eight low reps while cutting. Is it bad to switch to hypertrophy to mix it up or am I going to fuck with my progress?

Its been a while since I've been serious and don't feel particularly strong, want to lose some weight/bf%, but kind of hate 3-5 rep bullshit
>>
>>39948995
Cutting/bulking is mostly a meme unless your a serious body builder with serious mass. Doing regular cardio along with a calorie deficit will cut fat and if you are eating enough protein and lifting regularly it won't affect your gains a noticeable amount.

Go for hypertrophy and go for big. Eat less fat and more protein and lift and you'll be fine. You should really always be "cutting" unless you are legitimately trying to pack on weight. But generally eating more protein with less carbs and fats will give same results to muscle mass without extra weight gain.
>>
>>39949135
gotcha. SO basically better diet and any lifting should yield results. I think I may just end up doing something like layne nortons PHAT and while trying to be at a deficit most days
>>
>>39948995
a big mistake people make when cutting is they start using pussy weight at high reps. NO

keep your compounds lifts "heavy", you should be trying to maintain your strength on those. if you don't use it you lose it.

high rep accessories are fine but don't start doing 4x12 on bench if you've been doing heavy sets while you were bulking. that's the easiest way for your strength to drop
>>
>>39949210
fuck alright, this is what ive been reading everywhere. I'm in. Do you think PHAT is a decent program to follow or have a suggestion for another one?

I'm feeling really motivated to finally shred this last bit of weight and want to do it right. Outside of sprinkling in some lower intensity yoga because I enjoy it, I could use a workout plan.
>>
>>39949308
bump because I have the same question. I wanna do PHAT on a cut. Thoughts?
>>
Alright I have Googled and am mind boggled what is hypertrophy training? Holy shit every article is throwing around tons of terms but not telling me what people are actually doing??
>>
>>39949585
high rep, low weight. generally used to get bigger in appearance apparently
>>
>>39949308
yeah PHAT is good, look at PHUL too. what are you doing right now and what are you lifts?
>>
>>39948995
Lift enough heavy weight to maintain/gain some strength and bring up conditioning/pullups as something to keep your mind sane.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.