[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newfag to the gym tomorrow.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: trapsarenotgaybrah.jpg (25KB, 400x602px) Image search: [Google]
trapsarenotgaybrah.jpg
25KB, 400x602px
What should I avoid doing?
I used to lift in high school but I was in a car crash and basically anorexic to skeleton mode now.
How do I avoid the typical new year faggotry?
>>
>>39947953
Just do your workout. Focus on yourself and don't give a shit about other people, they're not looking at you anyways. Seems to me like the new year's people are the ones who try to make a big deal about being at the gym by taking photos of themselves and getting in other people's way.
>>
Fuck gyms, I wanted to get /fit/ and my first time going a bunch of dudebro's laughed at me while I was working out. I never went back

I only do home workouts now.
>>
>>39947989
I'm honestly just afraid of deadlifts and squats because I feel like my body would break. I'm 6'1 and skinny as FUCK. I can probably curl 10lb barbells and that's it.
>>
>>39948044
Start on machines until you're not weak as fuck, then. You need to be literally retarded to hurt yourself on a machine.
>>
>>39947953
Tip the receptionist, don't make any eye contact with people while they're lifting, wipe your equipment when you're done with it.
>>
>>39948079
Fuck that shit. Do bodyweight exercises (pushups, bodyweight squats, squats holding barbells). Never machines as a main exercise.
>>
Focus on perfecting your form on all lifts. Dont worry about people judging you or your strength. If you can squat 65 lbs with perfect form, that's better than 225 with crap form.
>>
Start eating a lot of food, you cant build muscles from nothing
>>
>>39948044
Yeah I started the same way. 6' 135 lbs. Just use machines until you gain maybe like 10 lbs or however much until you feel a bit stronger, then move on to free weights. You need free weights, trust me.
>>
>>39947995
Fuck them, man. Just put in headphones and cancel the rest of the people there out.
>>
What can I do to hide my bulge? I noticed I'm the same size as one of my buddies (no homo) but mine kinda sticks out flaccid in some shorts.
>>
>>39948177
I just throw mine over my shoulder.
>>
>>39947953
If serious, then just first read the sticky.

Second, for a tl;dr,
>work on adding weight through a solid diet and work on lifts that are moderate but require a real attempt to finish a set
>Aim for a 5x5 or 5/3/1 routine, or at least start off with a 5x3 to ease into it.
>Get into a routine to work at least three times a week for an hour each minimum if you want to be serious about improving yourself.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.