[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everyone so obsessed with squats? Most online articles,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1479080151613.jpg (330KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479080151613.jpg
330KB, 1024x1024px
Why is everyone so obsessed with squats? Most online articles, and a lot of beginner's programs like SS, seem to think they are king. However, I also hear people on fit saying I'll end up looking like a centaur if I put too much into squatting. Also, why are squats much more recommended than deadlifts, which similarly work most of the body, if not more?
>>
Because squats are objectively the best lift you can do for your body. As long as you balance it out with more upper body stuff instead of just bench and ohp you'll look fine.
>>
>>39941320
Deadlifts are mostly glutes/hamstring with the rest of the body having small movements (quads/lats) or concentric stabilisation (core, arm, remaining back muscles)

Low bar squats develop lower body strength really well, they target almost the entire leg musculature, especially when supplemented with deadlifts
>>
Because most bros in the gym neglect legs and don't squat so most people on the internet do an excessive amount of squats and think they are more hardcore and superior to your average bro.
>>
There's no exercise better for engaging big muscle groups than squats. Deep core muscles, quads, glutes, whole posterior chain. It provokes stronger anabolic response than any other compound (bench and DL included). Especially for beginners squats is best exercise to built general body strength and burn fat. So if it is balanced with upper body compounds then you will reach aesthetic body faster with squats than without.
>>
>>39941320
its for fat ugly neckbeard powerlifters and "muhh strength".

If you are a faggot, do squats, otherwise skip that shit and do leg machines for asthetic legs.
>>
Squats are great for your overall health, trains legs, makes your heart healthier (any exercise does this tho), reduces chance of having blood clot, and are fairly easy. Im weak skelleton that is out of shape and still manage to do 100 squats every day
>>
>>39942298
100 squats without any additional weight is just cardio
>>
>>39942406
That´s exactly what I want though. I want to just get into shape, that´s all
>>
>>39941320

the amount hormones released by pushing the largest muscles in your body are beneficial to the rest of your body and whatever other part you work that day. that's why some programs have you squatting every workout. it's like getting a bonus.
>>
>>39943579

>broscience
>>
>>39943545
How do you define 'in shape'
>>
>>39943545
>doing nothing to improve you athleticism
>getting into shape

I bet you want to get toned too
>>
>>39941320
Squats are more technical than deadlifts and let you find weaknesses, posture deficiencies and weird quirks that you have more clearly than any other movement.
>>
>>39943625
Diving my current weight by 2 (600>200)
>>
>>39943637
This sounds like bs, but I can relate to it. I figured out one of my legs was shorter than the other squatting because my right glute was in knots.

Also figured out a weird quirk with my upper back squatting.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.