[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

boosting spices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: spices[1].jpg (165KB, 644x514px) Image search: [Google]
spices[1].jpg
165KB, 644x514px
Which spices do you guys use. Which of them have a positive effect on gains or metabolism, or other healt benefits.
>>
literally all of them, given u get legit spices and not jewcuck fake shit like bleached salt etc
>>
>>39940914
Tumeric and pepper for curcumin and synergies (just grab a pre-mixed curry powder if you're lazy), and pumpkin spice (vanilla-cinnamon-clove-ginger) mix for natty test boost - don't expect miracles, but it's one of the biggest natty boosts.
>>
I put ground chili on everything when I'm cutting and I lose weight but that could also because I'm at a caloric deficit
>>
do you guys use spices frequently?
>>
Turmeric, cumin, chilli powder, garam masalla. They're pretty much all good and go with most every meat/fish/veggie. Essential with shit like chicken breast which is plain as fuck otherwise.

Add on a fat like butter, olive oil, or coconut oil, plus salt, pepper, garlic. Maybe some soy sauce/Worcester sauce/balsamic vinegar & lemon or lime. You can't really go wrong.
>>
>>39941816
Yes I make food all the time.
>>
>>39941816
no i just eat boiled potatoes and chicken breast :)
>>
>>39940914
Just whatever i have at home. Chili, garlic and all that shit. Fuck eating chicken without.
>>
>>39940914
Cardamom
I make turkish coffee in the morning
Ive lost 10 lbs since drinking it over other breakfast drinks
>>
If you're serious, look up studies that have conclusions about what they might do for you (garlic for heart health, green tea extract for energy, etc.)
Then try to identify the standardized size of the extract/compound that they used on subjects to draw the data (like 278mg saw palmetto extract standardized to 78% fatty acids iirc)
Then look up the amount of the same compound in the actual spices you will be using
In most cases, the studies use extracts or tinctures that are vastly more concentrated then the food sources, and still have only minimal-moderate correlations to health effects. Therefore, while it's perfectly reasonable to use healthy spices regardless, do not expect them to even slightly affect your body the way food.com "10 superfoods you can eat to tighten that tummy and be energized" suggests.
Your best bet is most likely a standardized, GRAS, regulated extract sold in powder, capsule or tincture form, maybe at GMC or online. Try to find a reputable brand like Nature's Bounty or something that there are many citations and quality assurances.

Tl;dr
>buy extracts

Source: took a Natural Supplement/Functional foods pharmacy course last semester, my instructor was also responsible for the vast majority of articles that made Pomegranate recognized as a superfood
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.