[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homegym general (show yours or give advice)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: homegym.jpg (321KB, 2500x1404px) Image search: [Google]
homegym.jpg
321KB, 2500x1404px
Hi /fit/ !

I neglected doing sports for a long time (was a swimmer for 10 years). Now I would like to start all over again.

I´m not making excuses but jobwise it would be much easier for me if I could just do sports without leaving the house.

That´s why I would like to try lifting weights - in a homegym that has yet to be constructed.

There are a lot of spare rooms in my house. So free space is not a problem.

What should I buy? What is essential? Who else has a homegymn and would like to show it?

Thx in advance!
>>
>>39940851
The essentials:
Barbell: The most essential part of your homegym NEVER cheap out on it
Weights: Bumper plates if you plan on doing oly lifts, good old iron will do otherwise
Power rack: Based as fuck, you can do most lifts in it
Bench: Big plus if it is adjustable, don't forget to count in your weight when looking at the capacity of the bench
Dumbbells: Be sure to buy oly sized adjustables
Rubber mat/platform: There are a shitload of guides how to make a oly/dl platform, not that hard and much cheaper than buying one
>>
NOTHING beats the atmosphere of an old school powerlifting/bodybuilding gym

Nothing
>>
File: 1482121908247.jpg (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482121908247.jpg
444KB, 1920x1080px
>>39940942
Thx for the quick response and honest advice!

>>39940952
OP here... I believe you 100%.

But my intention is to get rid of everything that is holding me back and is encouraging me to make excuses.

Having to leave the house for lifting would increase the time to do sports by nearly 100%. Time is a huge issue for me as I work a lot and also I am a father of a 1 yr old girl.
>>
>>39940952
goodluck finding one
>>
Only advice I can give you is to buy quality stuff.

When you buys weight plates also make sure they are 45cm in diameter and the barbell is 28-29mm.
>>
>>39941106

>tfw two within 10 miles of my house
>>
I want to buy a treadmill for my home use. How wide should running surface be for 195 cm (6 feet 47 inches) tall guy? I want to run comfortably but I also don't really want to spend that much money. Would 46 cm (1 feet 6 inches) good enough for me? The price for those machines is probably the most I'd want to spend.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.