[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Motivate Someone To Workout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1452982861098.jpg (46KB, 365x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452982861098.jpg
46KB, 365x720px
How do I help motivate others to start lifting and losing weight?

I'm trying to convince my mother to start more actively working out to lose her extra weight and finally get her to a healthy weight. She has agreed to work with me and eat better, but she still lacks motivation to actually get out there and workout. I'm not the one in believing in giving up on others, so I want to try as much as I can to get her more motivated.

I'm sure once she starts to see progress, it'll be like dominoes from there. How'd you help?
>>
>>39937190
Sadly, you cant. For everything that requires effort the decision to start and keep at it must come from the inside, if its forced from someone else in 99% of cases it wont last.
>>
>>39937190
how come the statue guy gets to have full head of hair and cant be balding
>>
>>39937230
This is true. I've tried every single possible method to try to get my girlfriend to workout with me and nothing works. They have to want it. If you make awesome progress and they are that, that may motivate them, but other than that, they'll just give you A MILLION excuses before they do anything about it
>>
Convince them that it's doable and not as hard as they think it is.
>>
>>39937275
But how?
>>
File: 1483472445347.jpg (475KB, 963x2186px) Image search: [Google]
1483472445347.jpg
475KB, 963x2186px
>>39937190
When I was really overweight what got me started was someone just offering to train with me, you would be surprised what just kindly offering to train with someone especially when they complain about health / weight.
>>
be enthusiastic about working out, and tell her ways it will benefit her.
Tell her that she will be able to do more things faster, be stronger. That others will admire her and that she will be healthier/enjoy life more.
>>
>>39937190
Dubs
>>
Don't bother. If motivation isn't self made then it will require you to constantly be there to keep it going.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.