[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to increase VO2 max? I read that interval

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: vo2max_graph.jpg (20KB, 501x340px) Image search: [Google]
vo2max_graph.jpg
20KB, 501x340px
What's the best way to increase VO2 max?

I read that interval training is good?

But I also read that VO2 max predicts your mile run time.
>>
hold youre breathes lmao
>>
>>39937002
cross country skiing, swimming
>>
>>39937040
Okay. What else?
>>
Decreasing your body weight.
>>
>>39937071
Lower vo2min
>>
>>39937104
That doesn't make sense.
>>
recombinant human erythropoietin
>>
>>39937071
How much more training do you want?

Cross country skiing, swimming and hill sprints is a lot of training. In that order, by the way
>>
>>39937002
by going frequently to your VO2 max
>>
>>39937071

Portable oxegyn tank and mask
>>
>>39937002
You have to do things like anaerobic intervals, and lactate tolerance reps, over the course of months to increase it. But you can't do those with any efficacy until you create a solid aerobic base or you won't be able to sustain the intensity enough to make a difference, and the lack of overall conditioning will put you at risk for injury, perhaps severe, if you attempt anaerobic training without it.
>>
>>39937002
Basically all training plans for distance runners consist of both short fast runs (in intervals or otherwise) and long slower runs. In order to be able to run fast and long (as in, not sprints) you have to do both, there's no way around it.

Fast runs are usually fartlek (changing pace while keeping running), intervals (going balls to the wall and recovering afterwards), tempo (high constant pace for a shorter period (15-20 mins or so)).

Slow runs are somewhere around 1,2-1,4x longer than what you're supposed to be training for. E.g. 13km if training for a 10k race.

Most training plans also contain easy runs and/or cross training. If you wanna learn more just do some googling.
>>
>>39937112
Lower faggot
>>
>>39937002

HIIT
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.