[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> The road to 2 PLATE bench Tell me how to do it in 8 weeks /fat/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1482708061763.jpg (35KB, 569x580px) Image search: [Google]
1482708061763.jpg
35KB, 569x580px
> The road to 2 PLATE bench

Tell me how to do it in 8 weeks /fat/.
>>
1. put 2 plates on a bench

hopefully you're not such a moron that this proves to be an impossible task over the next 8 weeks.
>>
>>39931624
just do push / pull every day while eating enough protein.

Seriously. I went from 185 3x5 to 245 3x5 in like 3.5 months.
>>
eat a lot, max out on bench 3 times a week
>>
>>39931624
What your current bench?
>>
>>39931697
115 for 15
>>
>>39931697
3 set of 8 at 155.
>>
>>39931723
Your max is already around 90kg.

Just do like 3x8 mon, 3x3 or 4x3 wed and then max on fridays.
>>
4X20
Everyday
Gallon of milk between sets
>>
actually trying this shit since new year
do abxabxa
>a is heavy volume - 10reps 8reps etc with lover weight
>b is heavy intensity - 5x2 or so
and so far so good senpai
don't forget to work your rear delts to balance shoulders, rows face pulls and shit
>>
>>39931624
At least you don't have to live through the humiliating laughs of all the gym bros as you start pumping the empty bar as a NYR because even that is almost too heavy for you ;_;
>>
>>39931720
Your adjusted 1RM is actually 230. 2pl8is 225.

You need to focus on CNS muscle recruitment and efficiency.

Use this to increase weight and hit the desired reps for that weight. If you feel yourself hitting 8-9 reps on the 10 rep adjusted number train until you can. Repeat at 5 rep max, etc.
http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html
>>
>>39933580
>Your adjusted 1RM is actually 230. 2pl8is 225.
What the fuck, that is bullshit. Whoever made that formula has never lifted in his life
>>
>>39933595
It makes some hefty assumptions about how a person trains a multitude of rep ranges. I don't know where or how they came up with these numbers, but I believe their sample probably included elite lifters who will have better carry-over between their 10 rep and 1rm than your average bloke.

It's not like you'll just immediately be able to do it, but you're in a good position to.

Honestly, I bet you could hit it in 3 weeks with heavy prioritization (training it 3 times a week and putting other lifts into maintenance mode) or 4 weeks by just training normally (hitting it twice a week)

8 weeks should be a no-brainer, even if you assume the adjusted numbers won't be perfect for you.

You work a weight two rep ranges below your current 15rm every workout

Week one workouts
>13rm
>11rm

Week two workouts
>9rm
>7rm

Week three workouts
>5rm
>3rm

Week four workouts
>2rm
>1rm

Let's assume you can't do it in four because in between every other rep decrease you need to adjust that's still

Wk1
>Fail 13, adjust
>13rm

Wk2
>11rm
>9rm

Wk3
>Fail 7rm, adjust
>7rm

Etc, and you hit it in 6 weeks.
Can't do that?
Adjust at every rep adjustment

Wk1
>Fail, adjust 13rm
>13rm

Wk2
>Fail, adjust 11rm
>11rm

Wk3
>Fail, adjust 9rm
>9rm

Etc,
Wk4 7rm,
Wk5 5rm,
Wk6 3rm
Wk7 1rm

Make sense?
>>
>>39931624
try really hard
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.