[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life Gains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1474084279568.jpg (83KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1474084279568.jpg
83KB, 722x349px
I have a question for all of you trying to make it and those who have already done it. Did you do it all by yourself? When you were struggling with your mental problems/anxiety/autism/panic attacs or anything did you have someone helping you overcome those things?
Same goes for lifting - do you have a gym buddy, someone who you talk about this all the time and you track each other's progress, anything like that? Can a man make it on his own?
>>
No, I have no one, but when going through hell all one can do is keep on going
>>
>>39928338
Just do it
>>
real changes never come just from the inside, something from the outside must stimulate you to change your mindset. but that doesn't neccessarily need to be literally someone talking to you, it can be just a change of environment, seeing and experiencing something different instead of seeing the same 4 walls of your room every day
>>
i don't even know what i have because i simply don't feel like talking about this to anyone plus i'm embarrassed about it so i never looked for help but in the past few years it has been getting worse so i might be forced soon. most people that meet me probably think i'm retarded.

i feel like shit all the time and think about suicide daily. i hate social interactions so i naturally avoid them, but sometimes i'm forced to do them and that's when i start to get very nervous, forgetting basic things (i remember once i was so nervous i forgot what 1 divided by 10 is even though i'm decent at math when i'm alone), forgetting words, and shit like that. also my hands starts to shake and i can't even look people in the eyes. because of this i hate going out and i just stay at home.

for the past two years i've been going to the gym in the early morning hours so i don't have to interact with people but nothing changed. i still have the same problems i had before i started this shit.

at least i look good, right?
>>
You should be able to improve yourself alone, because no matter how much support you have, the wish for self improvement must come from within. Having people to support you is a blessing that should not be looked down upon though, it makes things a lot easier.
If you're having health/mental issues do not be ashamed go to a doctor/psychiatrist, this is important.
>>
>>39928397
This is VERY true, you must change your enviroment or change it slightly in order to change your attitude, actions and point fo view. You're always going to be trapped inside your own thoughts, so having perspective is really hard if you don't share them or make changes to inspire new ones.
>>
>>39928359
Gay.
>>
Does anyone even know about your struggles, do you talk to anyone about them? I'm just looking for the most painless for the others around me way to fix myself. For now my plan is to keep going to the gym (3 months in so far) and learn to meditate so I can concentrate better and actually study properly. No idea what else I should add to that list.
>>
>>39928410
You just described my best friend. He's opened up to me on this matter but he's still stuck and helping him is hard and I don't really know how to do it.
I can help you with some things that I've gone through that are similar to the ones you posted.
>I start to get very nervousforgetting basic things, forgetting words, and shit like that
This is because you lack practise with social interaction. I have lived isolated for almost two years, having an online buddy and 4chan as my only companions. When I had to talk to somebody it felt like I forgot how to do it. I've recently gotten into college and met with some friends I had not seen for a long time and it's still hard for me but it's gotten better. Try starting out with simple interactions, like greeting people you see frequently and stuff.
>I can't even look people in the eyes
This one is also due to a lack of interactions with others. Keep where you look in check when you talk or greet someone, it'll slowly get easier.
>>
reminder

duck out if the compromises make you miserable. duck out if you get miserable. duck out if it just makes you uncomfortable.

the goal is not to force a relationship to keep going. its to find a relationship worth keeping.

there is literally no benefit to frankensteining a relationship other than possibly sex, but you're better off withotu it if it isn't working.

emjoy the relationship for as long as you can. and if it goes south, leave, cuz all you're doing is preventing yourself from finding the good one that might last.

lasting isn't the point, it isn't the goal.

And yeah you have to take the risk of making a high stakes deal with a potentially very unstable person, plus people change. That's life, you can't play all of it safe.
>>
>>39928522
You're getting ahead. We're talking about achieving life goals and self improvement, not about hoes.
>>
>>39928539
apparently some just copy pastes this into every thread
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 500x335px
>>39928504
>I have lived isolated for almost two years, having an online buddy and 4chan as my only companions.
>>
>>39928539
better to know it now than later on
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.