[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so about 3 months ago i started SL. At the beginning all went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: fail.jpg (75KB, 634x356px) Image search: [Google]
fail.jpg
75KB, 634x356px
so about 3 months ago i started SL. At the beginning all went well, but about a month in my PUSH lifts (OHP and bench) stopped increasing.
At the moment I'm deadlifting 255, squatting 225, and rowing 165.
My bench is a ludicrous 110 and ohp 98.

Now, my diet is ok (500 surplus), protein intake is also ok, form good as well (film myself), sleep 8 hrs, low stress and never missed a session.

My test level before starting was 750 and if matters, I'm hypothyroid (take levo).

What could it be the problem /fit/ ? Muscle imbalances, long arms, ..?
>>
>>39927707
>ohp 98

Are these measurements in lbs or kgs?
Because how tf did you get 98 lbs ohp?
>>
>>39927714
Gotta be a calculated 1rm
>>
>>39927714
Not OP but they look like lbs to me also OP youre doing something severely wrong if 3 months in youre at 110lbs(50kg) bench and 98lbs(45kg) ohp unless youve never lofted before. Have you tried lowering reps with higher weight? Worked for me to get past plateau then up the reps again. Sure its not a pyschological problem of not being able to break the barrier?
>>
All in lbs. And all 5x5. And that's why I'm asking here...
>>
>>39927739
>39927739

>3 months
>at 45kg ohp
>severely wrong

Wait what the fuck are you implying? That you should be at 50kg after 3 months?
>>
>>39927792
Its 1 rm. That weight is ok but not the stall.
>>
>>39927707
Switching between 3-6 reps worked wonders for my ohp, and on bench you can try around with 8-12 reps and then go up linearly to a new 5rep max
>>
>>39927707
Had the same problem. Switched up bench barbell with dumbell for 5 weeks and it help a lot
>>
>>39927707
how often do you increase weight, how heavy are the increments, how long do you rest between sets?
>>
File: neck crunches.webm (416KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
neck crunches.webm
416KB, 400x224px
>>39927707

Post the webm, faggot
>>
>>39927792
its 5x5 dipshit
>>
>>39928452
I don't understand how the bar went under the stands
>>
>>39927707
Whatever you do, DO NOT ALTER THE FUCKING PROGRAM. Some anons will suggest that, but don't play around with the rep ranges, the program will tell you what to do if you're using the app.

You'll go from 5*5 all the way down to triples I think. Do some accessories if you want to, but don't overdo them.

I made that mistake when doing stronglifts and lost good two months of training.
>>
>What could it be the problem /fit/ ? Muscle imbalances, long arms, ..?
You fell for SS/SL meme
>>
>>39928468
The only thing i can think of is that it's not welded together for some retarded reason, and it just slipped through between.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.