[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calories in/calories out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (38KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38KB, 670x503px
So I'm in an argument with my friend over calories in/ calories out. While we both know that it's not the best for muscle, he claims that you cannot lose weight when eating shitty foods like cake even if you're at a calorie deficit. What do you guys think? Can you eat shit foods but still lose weight as long as you consume less calories than you use daily?
>>
>>39925387
You are not in an argument with your friend.
You are a fat ass who wants to know if he will lose weight although he wants that's shit.
>>
>>39925404
Yeah right bud. Just because you're a fat ass scrolling /fit/ doesn't mean the rest of us are.
>>
>>39925387
You will still lose weight but if you eat good food chances are thst youll lose more fat than you will muscle, and itll be better for overall health. But yeah youll 100% lose weight
>>
I spread out eating a whole pecan pie the week after xmas, didn't gain any weight.
>>
>>39925387
You will lose weight and then you will get sick and lose weight even faster.
>>
cals in cals out is only referring to weight loss, and yes it's obviously relevant given you can't ignore thermodynamics. You'll lose weight, but it'll probably be a mix of fat and muscle, if not more muscle than usual if you just eat sugar, though I'm not quite sure. The more protein you eat, the less muscle you lose in caloric deficit
>>
File: 1479600938157.jpg (83KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1479600938157.jpg
83KB, 540x540px
>>39925387
http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2016/10/beer-and-pie-diet---the-final-verdict.html

Guy only eats meat pies and beer for a month but at a calorie deficit and loses 7kg
>>
>>39926897
>The more protein you eat, the less muscle you lose in caloric deficit

LOL
>>
>>39926921

I am pretty sure this is general knowledge. High protein intake during calorie deficits improves retention of LBM
>>
>>39925387
You will lose weight by eating less than your calorie expenditure, but what kind of weight you lose will depend on the type of calories you eat.

2000 calories of carbs per day will make you a skinnyfat.

2000 calories of protein per day will make you a rippedbro.

Same amount of calories, both lead to weightloss, but still have different results.
>>
>>39925387

Weight loss will generally respect calories in vs calories out.

However, body composition (fat vs muscle) doesn't.

Eat like shit, insulin spike yourself, be nutrition deficient due to garbage calorie-empty food and your "weight loss" might as well be called "muscle loss, fat stays the same"
>>
>>39926921
It's true you retard.

Maybe go read sometime, you useless dumbass
>>
>>39925387
if that pic implies that weightloss is about calories in and out, why are they equally weighted. Wouldn't you want calories burned to be more and thus hang lower?

If you want to convey weight maintenance than yeah sure you can simplistically say that equally both sides would keep you neutral.
>>
>>39926987
>2000 calories of carbs per day will make you a skinnyfat.
>2000 calories of protein per day will make you a rippedbro.
Excess protein is turned into fat you uneducated moron

If your body needs 100g of protein in a day and you consume 110g that excess 10g will turn into fat. Not the same amount of fat but fat still.
>>
>>39928417

10g is turned to glucose you retard, if you're in a deficit/maintenance that glucose will be used as energy.

And protein's thermic effect means you only get 75-80% of it's calories as opposed to carb's 90-95%.
>>
>>39928422
>10g is turned to glucose
Which is stored as fat you uneducated moron. If you're eating 2000 of anything over your limit you're gaining fat. Just eating protein =/= muscle.

Please kill yourself and expect no more replies, I dont want to waste brain cells on your idiocy.
>>
>>39928430

#things fatass natties say
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.