[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this board have such resentment for new year resolutioners?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Why does this board have such resentment for new year resolutioners?
>>
"The gym is the worst is January. It's not the worst because it's crowded. You love when it's crowded. Crowded equals witnesses. Witnesses equals attention. Attention is the primary source of muscle growth. You hate the gym in January, because the gym is your thing. It's your only thing. And when everyone starts doing your one thing, you have no thing. And you are no Thing." -Ricky "Two fingers" Mazzetti.
>>
>>39922966
It's mostly because they don't know what they're doing. It would be ok, but they always take more weights than they need to do stupid things like "triple-sets" or to hold them until they actually decide to use them 10 minutes later. They also don't respect other people's time (ie. spending 5 minutes on their phones between each set), and do dumb things like 10 sets of flies because they "saw it on a youtube video where the guy was jacked."
>>
I don't because in not one gym I have been to have I seen an influx of resolutioners

Always the same crowd
>>
>>39924622
Do you live in a city?

That's where it's the worst
>>
>>39922966
It's 1/2 meme, 1/2 truth. A lot of newbies at the gym tend to get in the way, combine that with the lack of social skills and autism that is prevalent here and you could understand why large groups of people would be annoying. I know for me the gym is a pretty big outlet to decompress so it's a little more annoying dealing with more people getting in the way.
>>
>>39924622
>>39924772
I noticed it, small college town of ~85k, lots of very large individuals and lots of new faces I don't regularly see. They aren't taking up space, or being stupid about a lot of stuff, so I don't mind. I still get my sets in
>>
>>39922966
because they're usually doing stupid meme shit and taking up space.

if they can stick with it and are doing sensible things, my respect is earned like any other regular there
>>
>>39924798
This. I'm not shitty to any of them, because I'm not autistic, and fuck discouraging people from getting in shape, but it sucks having a real crowd in there.
>>
People here seem to have just forgotten to set a NYR for 2017.
I went from 7-9 and there was 1 other person with me the whole time.
>>
>>39922985

>You love when it's crowded

lmao no I dont. I go at 2am specifically to avoid that
>>
>>39922966
Because resolutioners are the only people lower in the pecking order than the dyel newfags on /fit/.
>>
I'm literally done with all my resolutions, what now
>>
i picked the worst time to start lifting. Now i'll be one of those assholes. fml.
>>
>>39925994
yeah my gym was literally empty tonight, i was the only one there for half my workout

although it was friday at 7-8:30
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.