[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low carb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I want to have /fit/izen advice on doing a low-carb diet.

I spent my teenage years as a professional basketball player, so I was in great shape. Had to stop after I started university, due to lack of time. My early 20s was a nightmare: increased stress level from my studies (also add in a small amount of "what the fuck do I do with my life" panic), combined with a testicular cancer (full recovery, no chemo, caught in time) resulted in my body becoming more and more shit. Gained 25+ kilos, health problems 0 sport etc.

I'm 27 now, life is fixed. I'm starting to make plans on how to get my body back in shape. One of my main problems is that I'm still slightly overweight, and the bigger problem is that my muscle gain was reduced to pretty much 0 after the cancer recovery.

My country's cuisine is based around a lot of fat-rich stuff (not USA, mid-EU), and I do tend to go overboard with carb intake. Following this logic, I was thinking of starting a low-carb diet until I feel satisfied with my weight, and start gradually working on muscle gain after that.

What is /fit/'s advice, am I a full retard, opinions, tips etc?
>>
>>39921601
I did keto to get to single digit bf but I generally dislike carbs anyway. It's probably going to be tough for you since you seem to like carbs. Focus more on lifestyle changes that will keep you able to comfortably eat at a deficit. What country? Keto's high fat makes it easy to eat at a deficit plus there are some other benefits but if you're eating mostly saturated fats and trans fats you'll be dealing with other health issues.
>>
>>39921669
> It's probably going to be tough for you since you seem to like carbs

Bingo. Biggest problem is that my country's (Hungary) bread is absolute god-tier in taste, so we pretty much eat them for every meal. Also a lot of potato used in meals.
>>
>>39921687
Yeah probably find other ways to cut than keto, you'll just rebound when you get off it. Carbs are the logical place to start cutting especially simple carbs and sugar. Bad fats are also good to cut. IF might work if you don't binge. Also start working out at the same time as adjusting your diet. It'll make your diet more effective. Don't treat your diet as something temporary, the most effective way to get fit is lifestyle change.
>>
>>39921601
Én pont ma kezdtem a fogyást a nyárra amihez a keto-féle diéta véleményem szerint 10/10 eredményeket hoz. Esküszöm irigyellek mert Magyarországnál könnyebb ország nem létezik a ketohoz, tele van minden jó fele házias kaja zsírral meg hússal. A keto diétához (ha meg nem néztél utána) a kalóriáknak a 50-70 százaléka a zsírból kell hogy eredjen. Az igaz hogy kurva nagy pofon az hogy nem ehetsz kenyeret, de megéri mivel helyette el mehetsz, kérhetsz magadnak egy gyrosz tálat, zabálhatsz véres/májas hurkát a karácsonyi vásáron, főzhetsz finom csirke paprikást (nagy kedvenc), meg egyéb zsíros, fehérje dús ételeket. A lényeg az hogy természetesen ne meny túlsúlyba a kalóriával, és nagyon maximálisan 50g szénhidrátot egyel naponta de én a 0-20at céloznám ha komolyan akarod venni a dolgot. A macrojaidat nézd hogy pontosan tudd hogy hol álsz, és többi infót egy pillanat múlva linkelek, csak telon vagyok és gecire nincs kedvem ezen a kis szaron keresgélni bármit is.

Helyesírásért bocsi, nem az anyanyelvem és meg van némi tanulnivalom az elsajátításához.
>>
>>39921601
>>39922920

nesze, hasznos info

http://www.ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-faq/
http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
>>
>>39922920
>>39922984
Köszönet, helyesírás majdnem tökéletes
>>
File: tulipa-stunningapricot.jpg (31KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tulipa-stunningapricot.jpg
31KB, 600x400px
Hi Anon,
femanon here.

I am currently doing this 3 step protocol to lose a bit of fat before I start weight lifting :

-1. the main aspect is the intermittent fasting - 18h of fast and 6 of feeding time (this helps to go through the day without overspending your caloric intake)
2. Ketogenic diet : basically maintaining a state of ketosis at least 18 hrs - during the fast- per day, while limiting carbs (for me it's around 30g per day) and completely getting rid of sugars.
3. Caloric deficit - I am at 1200 calories intake per day, and I can say that first fasting helps through that, and second you lose hunger and addiction for carbs after a few days, it's like you don't need it anymore, and fatty foods are satiating so you feel less hungry.
I am currently on 2 meals a day, with a snack once in a while, with one carb reloading - a cheat meal with carbs a week - and I am working my way into cutting up until to the OMAD - One Meal A Day regimen, which is possible I believe on keto, if you plan well your macros and hit the perfect spot. that is protocol n°4 that I will eventually achieve soon enough, after I am fat adapted and in a good 21 days of straight ketosis.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.