[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are vegetables a meme? What I mean is if I meet all my fiber,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Are vegetables a meme? What I mean is if I meet all my fiber, vitamins, potassium, etc... needs, and still meet my caloric and macro goals what do I have to gain from eating veggies?
>>
>>39909155

Nothing really I suppose, I like veggies for taste and satiety. I can eat a fuck huge bowl of spinach, broccoli, green beans, shredded carrots etc for 350 calories and feel full for ages.
>>
File: 1483368484220.jpg (2MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1483368484220.jpg
2MB, 10000x10000px
>>39909155
YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS POST BEST FIBER VEGETABLES CMON
For OP: vegetables don't only contain fiber, but other healthy shit as well.
>>
vegetables are the leafy jew do NOT eat them I repeat do not eat them
>>
http://acrobolix.com/jujimufu-on-nutrition/

tldr: you probably don't have to eat them but you should if you want to be a super saiyan
>>
>>39909155
Good luck getting all your fiber and micros while feeling full and happy and not wanting to kill yourself from anything other than vegetables

OP is a fat faggot that ate nothing but Velveeta Mac and cheese and hot dogs as a kid.

Grow up
>>
Veggies are an excellent, low calorie source of everything you listed, plus beneficial phytochemicals. So no, they aren't a meme. They are the superior alternative. Just get your protons from meats.
>>
>>39909172
Alright fair, thanks friend.
>>39909176
Well sure, but according MFP I don't need any of the "healthy" shit. I meet every daily recommended value. I'm already at my calorie limit, so what do I have to gain by fitting them in?
>>
>>39909196
>Good luck getting all your fiber and micros while feeling full and happy and not wanting to kill yourself from anything other than vegetables
I'm already at this point though.
>>39909195
Interesting read, there.
>>39909198
>plus beneficial phytochemicals
Here's something actually interesting. These do what for me exactly?
>>
>>39909155

vegetables make you feel full for fewer calories, making your cutting process less painful

vegetables give you fiber which helps your digestive system (and may positively impact cholesterol levels)

vegetables have thousands of compounds and elements that we don't know much or anything about (in the context of nutrition) that may or may not be important for the health of your body. We are really nowhere close to having a complete map of what kind of nutrients our bodies need at what kind of intervals to be healthy -- we've just mapped out some of the big ones.

Sometimes the nutrients in vegetables are much more bio-available than the pill-form equivalent. So eating 200g of broccoli a day may be way better for your zinc levels than taking a zinc pill. (just an example, idk about the actual bioavailability of zinc. I think zinc tablets are typically spiked with vit C to improve bioavailability.) This is a generally hotly debated topic, and why some people think multivits are completely pointless.

there are probably more reasons. So eating veggies is p. much a win-win
>>
>>39909201
MFP doesn't track enough nutrients to be sure, it only counts a few micros out of like 20. Try plugging a typical day into cronometer, that has almost all the nutrients. The phone app isn't free but the desktop website is.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.