[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a myth that starting with a strong foundation (through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2513.png (836KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2513.png
836KB, 750x1334px
Is it a myth that starting with a strong foundation (through a program like SL 5x5) is the way to start before switching to a brosplit if the end goal is arsthetics?

I'm an intermediate/newbie lifter purely lifting for aesthetics and was thinking about switching back to SL to get my lifts up feeling like I was getting too complicated too fast.
>>
>>39909056
No it is not a myth. Do SL until you plateau then switch to 3x5 until you hit a wall again. After that switch to an upper/lower split 4x a week. Do no make the mistake of including a lot of accessories during SL or SS, save that for the upper/lower routine. Remember that your goal is to gain strength during that phase.

You'll get yoked in no time brah.
>>
>>39909056
>Is it a myth that starting with a strong foundation (through a program like SL 5x5) is the way to start before switching to a brosplit if the end goal is arsthetics?

Yes.
And it's not so much a myth as an outright lie.
>>
>>39909105
>>39909098
>/fit/
>>
>>39909056
Higher volume workouts stimulate muscle growth. That's about one of the only things we actually do have good evidence for from studies, in terms of what kind of workouts do what.

"Volume" = total weight moved
Total weight moved = sets x reps x lbs

The reason people recommend starting with a solid strength foundation prior to moving onto aesthetics-oriented high rep routines is precisely because greater strength means you can move more weight means you can achieve higher volume. Somebody that can curl 45 lb dumbbells for sets of 10 will achieve greater hypertrophy than someone using 20 lb dumbbells.
>>
>>39909110

Well there are retards >>39909098

and asthetic people >>39909105

on the board.
>>
>>39909131
volume as in how much weight is moved and intensity, not weight.

Someone who starts with a bodybuilding type bro split and simply adds more weight will get both strength and mass.

Somone who starts with strength will not be able to catch up when it comes to putting on mass because the bro splitter will already be far ahead of them.
>>
If you can't lift HEAVY for reps then you SHOULD start with strength training as this will OVERLOAD your muscles as well as releasing HGH.
that doesn't mean you have to start with MEME programs like SS you can do a PPL or BROSPLIT simply switching up 3x8 for 3x3 or 5x5 on the compound lifts until you can lift HEAVY for reps.

I am on a crusade against you skinny DYEL's ruining fit shilling SS or HYPERTROPHY at low weight. I will keep posting this until it sinks in damn it!
>>
>>39909177
You release more hgh sprinting and plyometrics and high rep full body training then you do from squatting.
>>
>>39909165
Good luck with progressive overload while doing 12-15 reps per set, bro splitter.
>>
>>39909199
>8 reps aren't legitimate sets
>it's difficult to progressive overload with 3x8 or 5x8

wew
>>
>>39909110
>>39909154

>>39909165
This not true. The guy doing 3x5 will advance much quicker than the guy doing 5x20 or whatever. The mass gain you see for the guy doing high volume will eventually reach a critical point and no longer progress. Meanwhile the guy with the strength training will begun doing more volume at a much higher weight = more growth.
>>
>>39909232
Forgot to reply to these retards.
>>39909105
>>39909110
As long as start strength training with some key accessories in the beginning the guy doing SL or SS will be more aesthetic in the end than the 6 day split guy. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>39909105
Lol at this delusion. Nobody got big benching 150 pounds buddy.
>>
You need to lift heavy to build muscle. You proggress faster on fullbody 3xWeek (SS, SL, Greyskull). Also as a beginner you have an easy time building strength/muscle. You then switch to an upper/lower split and you are golden.

Just read the sticky man.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.