[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resistance bands?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 61mUtN3oY0L._SL1000_.jpg (99KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61mUtN3oY0L._SL1000_.jpg
99KB, 1000x1000px
do resistance bands work or are they just a meme?
>>
>>39907814
bands are like steroids
>>
>>39907814
they are good for hanging from your pullup bar if you can't do a pullup. thats about all they are good for
>>
>>39908268
they're good for plenty of progressions and stretches
>>
i think they're great for stretching. i like to use them to stretch out my rotators in between sets of bench.
>>
>>39907814
why wouldn't they work? it's providing resistance.

doesn't make them any less meme
>>
I just bought them TODAY for my home gym, for pec workout. I hate doing flys because the point of maximum contraction is also a point without any resistance, and I cant get a cable crossover machine at home.

Fact is I bought a bunch of the strongest type, hold an end on each hand with the band across my back, and i do a standing fly. Due to the nature of the bands, the point of maximum contraction is also the point of maximum resistance, and I fucking love it.

I did 6 sets at the end of my workout, and it felt fantastic. Really got the rest of my pecs that the presses didnt get, and my triceps being tired didn't interfere.

10/10 band flys are the fucking tits

P.S. my bench is exactly 2 plates, 300lbs. I'm not a beginner. Still fully recommend these bad boys
>>
>>39908316
Yeah but the resistance is not the same depending on where you are in your movement. For example if you use them to add some resistance on squat it will be easier when you're lower and harder at the top on your spine. So it's up to you but they can be great to work some parts
>>
>>39908351
2pl8 are 225lbs bro... i also like bands and use them for my tits and also bicep,triceps and shoulders workout when i can't go to the gym
>>
>>39908526
i think that anon is trying to say his 225lb bench @ 300lb bw is meant to add credibility to his advice. he even follows it up and reassures us that he isn't a beginner.
>>
>>39908351
op here i was actually thinking to do the same fucking thing
to replace a cable machine
cable flys and axe chops look like they would work well
and also it could possibly imitate a row machine
>>
>>39908559
Are those impressive numbers because I'm pretty sure he reassured me that he doesn't know what he's doing desu.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.