[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biking / Cycling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: citybike.jpg (22KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
citybike.jpg
22KB, 640x400px
Let's have a thread of biking or cycling or however you wan't to call it.
I myself have some questions about biking in the city, that i will ask in a separate post.

Everyone feel free to ask whatever related.
>>
>>39907657
Okay, so here come my questions:
Is biking in the city with snow even possible? Or is it a huge shitshow of sliding, getting stuck and probably falling?

What type of bike do you buy for the city? How does me being quite heavy factor into it? Im 194cm and around 110kg. I'd imagine an ordinary bike might have trouble with that.

How would you rate biking as cardio-exercise? My main goal is to replace around 12km that i drive to the gym by doing it by bike instead. That would be 12km 5 times a week.

Is that a solid addition to cardio-training or rather useless?
>>
>>39907683
>Is biking in the city with snow even possible? Or is it a huge shitshow of sliding, getting stuck and probably falling?
same shit as cars, you need snow tires or chains. i wouldn't recommend riding on roads in the snow due to safety.

>What type of bike do you buy for the city?
if you are not serious about riding then any bike will do. if you are then it depends what type of cycling you want to do (offroad, road, etc.). usually decent bicycles cost from around 1300$ upwards.

>How does me being quite heavy factor into it?
don't think weight would be a problem but height depends on proper seat height, handle position, etc. you can do that at any bike shop

>How would you rate biking as cardio-exercise?
very good. i prefer it to running due to being better on the joints plus you can do some very long runs compared to running. it's also an amazing leg builder if you do sprints, especially uphill sprints
>>
>>39907747
meant to say that your height depends on which bike frame you should pick. obviously some small frame would be horrible for someone your size. you can get measured at any bike shop and they'll tell you
>>
>>39907747
Thanks alot for the answers already mate, very helpful!

I am basically just looking to use a bike more often in the city. Instead of taking the bus or car or whatever i might as well take the bike and in many situations i would probably even be faster than if i had taken the bus instead.

I do own a bike but i havent used it in years and its probably fully rusted by now.
I know that i eventually stoped using it because flat tires annoyed the fuck out of me. I would have a flat tire like every goddamn month, i am not sure what was going on with that.

So you said that a decent bicycle is probably around 1300$ right?
I mean, i don't need a pro bike by any means, since i am just taking it through the city, but buying crap isn't worth for anything in life, imho.
>>
File: bike.jpg (271KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
271KB, 1200x675px
any trail riders here?
got a new bike a couple of months ago, saracen mantra 2016, pic related.

always ridden hard tails.

post your bikes please :)
>>
>>39907657
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFFrsvgu1Y
>>
>>39907683
Here in Montreal people do all the time. I think its retarded, but what are you gonna do.

Some guys have these giant tires and some just ride normal bikes.
>>
>>39907657
We only do one type of cycling around here buddy
>>
>>39907657
You'll have a lot more luck with bike questions if you go to /n/ rather than /fit/.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.