[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pain in fibula

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (9KB, 189x267px)
images.jpg
9KB, 189x267px
/fit/, i've started to run these last few days, and i am getting this severe pain in both of my knees after running for about 10 minutes, pic related

when pressing on the head of the fibula and around it, the pain intensifies.

after finishing my run and cooling down for a few hours, the pain intensifies even more, and even walking is hard

after about 24 hours it goes away almost entirely, until i start running again

the only thing i could find on google that resembles the pain in this area is Peroneal Nerve Injury, however, i dont believe this is my issue since i dont have half of the symptoms, i can point my toes towards my body, there is no numbness, and my legs are not necessarily weaker, there's just pain

i think it's most likely an issue with my stride, as i've not really run much and i may be dropping my foot wrongly

anyone has had experience with this?
>>
>>39905130
Need more info

You running intervals, or long distance?

Are you overweight?

Does the pain radiate at all?

How long has this been happening for?

Any past history of injuries to the area?

Is it a sharp pain? Or is it searing?

Does it affect both knees equally?

Do you stretch before you run at all?
>>
>>39905159

By how long I mean, has this ever happened befoe when you ran, or is this the first time you started running?

Your age to would help
>>
>>39905159
>>39905168
thank you for your interest

>You running intervals, or long distance?
long distance, i aim for a 10km run on one hour

>Are you overweight?
no, i'm 190 cm 85kg, probably sitting at 8% body fat, maybe even less

>Does the pain radiate at all?

sorry, not sure what you mean by this. if you're asking whether it goes to other parts of my knee and leg - no

>How long has this been happening for?
started running this week, monday. it was generally fine then, i got the pain just as i was finishing the run but didn't pay much attention to it. tuesday got worse, and last night was even worse. by now the pain has subsided considerably, pressing around the area there's barely any pain, and it's concentrated right at the top of the fibula head

>Any past history of injuries to the area?
my right knee was diagnosed with cysts right above my knee cap, along with tendinitis, this was a very long, ongoing injury for me and only recently has the pain from that subsided, hence me starting to run again. i believe it was mostly due to me strengthening my legs with leg extensions. for whatever reason, it helped hugely. no past injuries in my left knee though
>Is it a sharp pain? Or is it searing?
searing
>Does it affect both knees equally?
yes
>Do you stretch before you run at all?
a little bit, yes. mainly hamstrings and quads, usually forget about the muscles around the shin and calves, which may be the/part of the issue
>Your age to would help
>>
>>39905217
another thing to add which i believe is important

i have slight S shaped scoliosis, but the angles are minimal
>>
>>39905217

Thank you for answering those question.

I would work on lowering your distance and see if that helps....nothing to 10k is a big differenice. You may have strengthened the muscle around your knee for strength but constant use for an hour is a whole different ball game.

Start at 5k and work your way up.

Radiating pain can usually say if it's more muscle or the joint itself. If you feel the pain start in your knee and work it's way down your leg or up. Something up.

Again this is me just going on the basis of what you said. Dont overtrain if the problem keeps getting worse take a day off or more. Listen to your body. Try and lower your distance and see if that helps if not, ask your doctor you been dealing with he'll understand better than me what's happenned.

Hope that helps a bit
>>
>>39905333
appreciate your time

indeed, i'll lower down to 5k. i have to really, whether i like it or not.

in regards to the pain radiating, i actually should say that i have this pain on the side of my thigh that goes up to my hip. however, it's not an excruciating pain, it actually feels like doms, which is probably what it is. it's more intense on my left leg.

another thing i'd like to ask, if you can maybe answer

is pic related the correct way for my foot to hit the ground when running? because I'm pretty sure i have slight supination of my feet, which i strongly believe may be causing my knee pain, but then i'd guess there would be ankle pain as well, which there isn't.

also, do you think stretching the calves and shin muscles would be of any help?
>>
overuse

Just stop running for two weeks
>>
>>39905217
Have you tested your move patterns and tried to stretch
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.