[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, if you had to build a small gym (for like 20 people),

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: gym.jpg (78KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
gym.jpg
78KB, 600x399px
Hey guys, if you had to build a small gym (for like 20 people), how would it be?
>>
File: lookatmeimretarded.jpg (100KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
lookatmeimretarded.jpg
100KB, 900x900px
>>39894182
The dilemma is this: do you stick to your principles and what you know is right, or do you want to make the optimal amount of money?

If I could choose myself, I would fill it up with mostly squat racks, free weights and platforms. However, since there are vastly more normies in the world, it would probably make more sense financially to invest in the ultimate normie machine, pic related; The venus fly trap of normies
>>
small
>>
>>39894211
great points.

free weights are way better for the use of space, but it's true that normies would probably dislike that.

Do you think there is a way to balance this two things?
>>
>>39894242
Buy one of the pic related, and stick to free weights, racks etc. for the rest.

The good thing about the dyel fly trap is that it can be used for a ton of different exercises and it's easy for several people to share the equipment at one time, compared to when someone's deadlifting, squatting or benching for example.
>>
>>39894267
and so my point is that you don't really need to buy other dyel machines other than that one. Also, if it's a small gym, people will generally know each other better and will be more inclined to share the equipment
>>
>>39894182
if you want monetary success invest in a crossfit gym
>>
>>39894277
not even for legs?
>>
File: pic_004__tcp_gallery_image.jpg (156KB, 990x712px) Image search: [Google]
pic_004__tcp_gallery_image.jpg
156KB, 990x712px
A playground gym like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3QEGI0V0HE
>>
>>39894313
You can do plenty leg exercises with the bar and free weights desu, but one squat machine would be fine of course
>>
>>39894211
I love that machine for cable flies; the smaller ones don't feel half as good. It is pretty funny watching people complete entire workouts on it though
>>
>>39894367
I feel you. Literally everytime I work out, I see them skinny teenagers doing cable flies and the proceeding to do 5 different variations of bicep curl and then call it a day.
>>
File: image.png (373KB, 590x487px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
373KB, 590x487px
>>39894182

Do you know who the 20 people are? I would take a survey of what those people like to do in a gym and what they are willing to pay a month.

You also need to know if people are willing to schedule equipment to reduce cost.

A small gym has to operate more like an equipment sharing club than a big box gym.

The main value you can bring is maintaining the equipment, enforcing the rules, training, and taking on risk by owning the whole thing.
>>
>>39894361

Sadly, even Rippetoe has a leg press for fat women and old people who can't squat unweighted.

Also, OP needs a Pulldown machine that allows you to lock your body down for heavy weight and allows you to do rows.
>>
>>39894874
I will look into that, thank you.
>>
>>39894886
>that allows you to lock your body down for heavy weight and allows you to do rows

Anyone knows of such a 'seat' without the entire pulldown machine? Preferably a low seat since my pulldown isn't that high
>>
>>39894211
There are lots of decent exercises to do on that - facepulls, pushdowns, flies, etc.

I think the most useless machine in the gym are the machines for things like bicep curls and triceps extensions. They're way more complicated than just doing the exercise with a dumbbell.
>>
>>39894924

The seat only works because it is connected to the system.

If you want to just use a bench, invest in a weight vest as a counterweight.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.