/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These Motherfuckers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0097.png (199KB, 620x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0097.png
199KB, 620x280px
Alright what's your thoughts on these?

I just bought a house and one of my housemates has put one of these fucking things up in my garage. Obviously my garage is not for cars, it's going to be a gym. My other housemate is bringing free weights when he moves in.

What is the /fit/ opinion on weight machines? Waste of time or should I actually put in work on this dick snapping rape frame? Has anyone ever developed a good routine?
>>
>>39888709
Get a proper cable machine and it'll be worth doing a couple isolation movement. That shit is useless.
>>
>>39888709
Lat pulldown (pictured left) is great for lats, get more focus in addition to doing pull ups.
>>
Wtf is that atrocity, a bench, a bar, plates and a mat are all you need
>>
I would recommend a cable machine and free weights. They're not useless and when used as a part of a broader routine they can help you, but I wouldn't have them in a home gym
>>
>>39888709

People get all bitchy and moaney about them because "muh olympic lifts", "muh starting strength", but they allow you to mix up your routine, isolate muscles which need work, and boost your CNS as a result, helping with gainz.
>>
>>39888709

They're honestly great for certain things
Emphasis on certain
Train mostly or exclusively on them and you'll underdevelop your stabilisers and cns
Unfortunately /fit/ and the fitness internet at large is retarded and has decided that they are some kind of unforgivable heresy

Used for
>training around injuries
>extra volume after training compound lifts
>to add volume on lagging bodyparts days where compounds would clash

They find a niche and will help your gaines
Treat them as what they are - optional additions to a routine as opposed to foundational and you won't go far wrong

I like to use them for easy drop sets after compounds
>>
The money would be better spent on a rack and rope climber or row machine.

They aren't as garbage as /fit/ likes to say but they're a swiss army knife when you really need a rolling pin.
>>
>>39888845
Heck maybe even a rack
>>
>>39889106
Squat rack and pull up bar are my next investments. We have an Olympic set coming but currently this is all I have.

The faggot on the poster looks like the kind of guy who cruises gyms to pick up guys
>>
Cable flies, lat pulldowns, favepulls, and tricep pushdowns are all decent. But these are all just accessories to complement your workout that is based on heavy free weights. It should never be the focal point of your routine.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.