[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need opinion on calorie intake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: motivation.jpg (471KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
motivation.jpg
471KB, 1920x1200px
TL;DR 6'0" 230lbs, is 1500 calories too little in the day if I go to the gym 5-6 times a week doing cardio and lifting to try and lose weight?

I used to be 200lbs and a little more fit from the job I have but it's a seasonal job and I got laid-off and gained 30 pounds being a fat lump of shit. Calorie calculators haven't steered me wrong in the past but now they're saying I should eat 2300 a day to lose 2 pounds a week and that just feels like a whole lot of food.

Will I make it and lose weight or should I eat the 2300 calories?

Also general weight loss stories and routines.
>>
File: STARTINGSITH.jpg (148KB, 962x755px) Image search: [Google]
STARTINGSITH.jpg
148KB, 962x755px
>>39886562
1500 is aggressive for your height.

It'll work and you'll lose weight faster, but don't be surprised if you're a lot weaker.

I don't know how sedentary you are, or what you're doing at the gym 5-6 days a week, but you'll need a lot more calories to facilitate that kind of work.

Can't give any specifics, but start at 3000 a day. If you're losing weight, keep it. You probably will lose weight at that anyhow with the new addition of that much stress from exercising. If you don't lose weight, lower by 250-500. Get to know how your body responds.
>>
1500 is way too low
>>
>>39886562

i'm 5'9, 145 pounds. if I want to lose weight, I should eat 1500 calories a day, and that's without exercise. you need more food if you're lifting. also, you will be starving and probably won't make it.
>>
>>39888147
It's just weird because other times that I've cut even just to 2000 calories when I weighed 200 felt hard because of the cut, but now I'm 230 and need to intentionally need to eat an extra meal just to get up to 1300-1600 by the end of the day because 1000 is almost enough to get me by.

For workouts I keep it simple by doing upper body day, lower body day, then cardio in between.

Leg day is 3 sets of 10 leg curls, abductor/adductor, 8 reps squats, and weighted calf raises until failure.

Upper body day is 3 sets of 8 Bicep curls, tricep extentions, bench press, lat pull downs, deadlifts, and then at the end forearm curls.

Cardio I'm awful at so it's usually 10 jog 2 walk for 30 minutes of run time and then depending on my wife I'll incline walk until we leave.

I just wanna lose my dumb beer gut.
>>
>>39888147
>start at 3000 a day
You will 100% gain weight at 3000Kc a day. If you're overweight it's better to underestimate your caloric intake than overestimate anyway; start at 2000 and weigh yourself each week, judge 3 weeks in and recalculate as necessary.
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 462x241px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 462x241px
>>39886562
You are close to my height and weight. Just put this in my fitness pal.
>>
I appreciate all the helpful replies, I used to be on the path to fit when I was in highschool but I had no knowledge of how to workout or diet so I just did random things consistently and saw some results. Now I've buggered it up by eating like a slob and avoiding the gym more than I should.

>>39888356
I appreciate the advice, since I've been doing 1500 for a bit do you figure I should work up to 2000 calories to make it so the metabolism balances out or just eat the extra portions?
>>
tfw just started scrapping at discarded food at grocery store containers. my country has strict standards and its subzero temperatures outside. Just scored 4kg ox meat and a bunch of veggies/milk thats has best before date in two days time. Everything is clean and i will now be able to bulk with zero expenses.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.