[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you doing it for absolute no reason?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: hipsdon'tlie.jpg (28KB, 474x370px) Image search: [Google]
hipsdon'tlie.jpg
28KB, 474x370px
Why are you educating yourself on the subject of fitness in the first place?
Why are you reading posts about rotator cuff injury while doing a power clean if you never intend to use that knowledge anywhere else but here and in some small talk with your buddies?

Are you wasting your time /fit/ or do you intend to use that knowledge somewhere ?
>>
>>39883654
Why does it matter?
>>
>>39883664
I've seen people here who enjoy this more than their actual jobs or lives.
And they seem to know a lot of shit, and never seem to take interest into becoming a personal/fitness trainer or opening up a gym or becoming a physical therapist or smth.

They are literally over educating themselves on something that will never pay back since all they use it for is posting it back here.
>>
depression. helps me forget about shit life
>>
what's the meaning of life anon ?
:)
>>
>>39883765
Reproduction.
>>
wisdom comes from knowledge
>>
>>39883654
Takes like 2 weeks to read SS. It's not hard
>>
>>39883654
My wife took off and me being fat and out of shape was one of the biggest reasons. Now after getting better looking I want her to see me banging sluts much hotter than her as a sort of petty revenge because I thought it was a shallow reason to leave rather than just telling me that I was becoming a fat shit and working on our problems like adults are supposed to in a marriage.

Outside of that, after I started getting better looking and in better shape I've noticed that literally every part of my life has improved because of it. Learning new things is easier, I don't sweat as much, I can do physical things like mountain biking with my buds and not feel like I'm holding them back, I get a shit load of attention from the opposite sex now, and people (men and women both) treat you much better if you look better. Your opinions are taken more seriously, you look more professional, you can wear clothes that actually fit,

It also helps you if you're depressed. Helps you from falling back into a depression as well.

Lost 60lbs in 4months and I've never felt or looked better, and everybody tells me that I look great now because of that. Just a few more lbs to 170 and I can really start my path to making it %100.
>>
>>39883790
Kek
>>
>>39883654
Many reasons, one of the most potent ones however is that I want to test out a theory.

The theory that we do not have souls, that testosterone drastically changes the thinking in men, and that through exercise and proper maintenance of the body, I can think like an imperialistic person from 200 years ago.

I wish to see if it is possible to break free from the civilizational cycle. Through a manipulation of the evolutionary forces that govern it.
>>
>>39883852
If I didn't take the time to learn about this stuff then I never would have accomplished shit. I actually hate working out, but I love the way it makes me feel. Why wouldn't I spend some time learning about the body and how to exercise when it does so much for you? I don't spend 8 hours a day here, but I enjoy the community on /fit/ and there are some pretty interesting or funny threads as well.

It's only a waste of time if you see it that way. Not any worse than people watching tv or playing video games, etc.

You can apply that mindset to anything.
Why learn to mountain bike? It's just a waste of time.
Why practice kayaking if you won't ever really use it?

It's what I enjoy, and fitness is just lumped into that group.
>>
>>39883702
this
this is it
>>
>>39883654
if you separate working out from the shit show that is /fit/ then you get a pretty good thing

working out
>makes you feel good
>good for mental health
>good for physical health
>helps improve confidence
>gets you out the house

when i first met my gf she was a barely recovering anorexic, she was really uncomfortable with food and hated her body and her mental health was all over the place

I didn't really do that much to help, but my knowledge of food and nutrition, and the power of endorphines from working out, plus the fact that working out and eating right gives you some control over your body has literally given her the way out of anorexia

As long as you keep the broader picture of why you work out and care about this stuff (for your own good, not just to get swole or get mad bitches) it's only a positive thing in your life
>>
>>39883702
>why have hobbies
>i don't get it

literal autism
>>
>>39883871
>autism
Not even once
>>
>>39884054
>double digit IQism

Not even double.
>>
90% of /fit/ waste their precious time on lifting and reading about lifting instead of actually improving their lives

it's a well known fact
>>
>>39883702
>And they seem to know a lot of shit, and never seem to take interest into becoming a personal/fitness trainer or opening up a gym or becoming a physical therapist or smth.

Because, unless you're famous as fuck, it's a shit job that pays worse than driving a garbadge truck.

>They are literally over educating themselves on something that will never pay back since all they use it for is posting it back here.
That's called a hobby.
You're asking Warhammer players why they don't own a store or a job in engineering.
You're asking weeaboos why they don't work in animation.

Why the fuck would I pursue a career in my hobby? Working with mediocre lifters or fail-prone fatties would drain my soul in less than a year. I'd start to hate what makes me smile. It'd be like impregnating every stripper in the club.
>>
>>39883654
I'm finishing medical school in May and going into pediatrics, considering pursuing a pediatric sports medicine fellowship after that. I like MSK and training shit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.