[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5007.jpg (253KB, 1242x1338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5007.jpg
253KB, 1242x1338px
I recently herniated 3 discs while squatting and I've been using box squats as a way to get back into squatting

This is as deep as I can currently go without any lumbar flexion and pain free

Do you think it's too high to get any benefits strength/hypertrophy wise or is it better than nothing?

For reference my best squat pre-injury was around 230kg/505lbs full depth

Today I did 160kg 5x3 with this box to ease back into things
>>
>>39874179

why do you squat so much? you asked for that injury
>>
>>39874192
get out
>>
>>39874192
It's not much for my bodyweight at the time, 100kg/220lbs

I was always into powerlifting and 230kg @ 100kg is nothing noteworthy powerlifting wise
>>
>>39874179
Are you still pulling?

Are you married to the idea of getting back into full depth squats?
>>
What style did you squat before? Do you have any previous injury before the discs? Did you use any lifting gear? Tell is the story. You may be better off not squatting again since we have no info to work with.
>>
>>39874179
you need to go under 90 degrees to get any gains
>>
>>39874206
It was too much though. Obviously.

Anyway, if you can't do it, you can't do it. Don't force it. And as much as /fit/ would hate to admit it, quarter squatting works.
>>
>>39874206

it's ok if you are contensting, but lifting that much just for your ego is not wise. I had herniated discs too, managed to fix it by myself. I don't bother to squat more then 2pl8 and my legs look nice.
>>
>>39874219
I've started pulling again but only from the lowest pin setting, which is at the middle of the kneecap for me

I tried pulling from the ground but it aggravated my lumbar and I got bad sciatica/numb left leg.

I would like to be able to pull from the ground and squat to depth again but I'm also ready to accept it might not be wise to do so again

>>39874221
I used to squat high bar with a medium/narrow stance.
I had no previous injuries that I knew of
Raw, only sleeves and a belt
I used to buttwink to hit depth and catch a bounce at the bottom which is how I eventually injured myself
>>
File: IMG_5009.jpg (270KB, 1242x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5009.jpg
270KB, 1242x1242px
>>39874279
For reference this is what my bottom position used to look like

Not the best angle but you can probably still see the butt wink/lumbar flexion
>>
>>39874279
You could probably stabilise your spine enough with rack pulls and box squats to eventually pull from the floor and squat to depth. Even better if you could find a way to progress your rack pulls. Listen to your body, nerve damage ain't nothing to fuck with.

If nothing else, you'll still experience strength gains with both.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.