[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are frozen vegetables worse then fresh ones? In terms of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Frozen-Broccoli-Florets.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Frozen-Broccoli-Florets.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
Are frozen vegetables worse then fresh ones?
In terms of the micro nutrient profile.
>>
No, they're probably better. They're usually frozen at the source, so they're fresher than what you would buy from the store when the item is out of season.
>>
no. if they are frozen when they are harvested they will not lose any nutrients.
>>
>>39866196
>In terms of the micro nutrient profile.
no

might not taste as good as fresh, but the difference isn't that huge
>>
>>39866196
they are far superior. they are flash frozen right after harvest so they're as nutrient dense as you can get without eating them straight from your own garden. its also insanely convenient having frozen vegetables since theyll never go bad, unless your freezer breaks down
>>
No but they taste like shit
>>
Yes,
They are flash boiled before they are frozen, this kills the enzymes which are used to produce very strong anti-cancer chemicals such as sulforaphane which has been proven to fight disease such as cancer and heart disease as well and many more

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23902242
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2862133/

have fun with your cancer goals of 2017 frozen fags
>>
>>39866581
LOL only weak and old people get cancer
>>
>>39866196

They're actually fresher, since they were frozen right after being pulled from the ground instead of being left to rot on a shefl
>>
They are awesome. And since most are steamed, you get like bare minimum calories without having to do it yourself with a coliander. Usually when I make vegetables myself, I roast or sautee them in oil and the calories explode.
>>
>>39867108
>not steaming vegetables in bulk and keeping them in the fridge for a week
doing it wrong
>>
>>39866223
>>39866226
>>39866289
>>39866859

Nope, depends on the transportation method, maturation can be done while they are being sent in trucks or ships to a port or a processing factory.

And also to all those fags saying frozen are better, you guys should really learn how to cook. No way someone who has spent time in a kitchen would say frozen tastes better.

Wtf is wrong with you, you either don't know how to cook and keep microwaving shit or are just repeating crap you read here
>>
>>39866581
True, but if you add another source of the reagent that becomes inactive during the flash freezing process (Daikon Radish is the example I've seen) then you get the full benefits again, and the required amount is less than a teaspoon of ground radish.
>>
Frozen are only useful for boring and repetitive meal prep. If you're trying to cook a nice, tasty meal, you need fresh veggies.
>>
>>39867225
I was under the impression he was asking which are healthier. Not which tasted better. I don't think anyone would argue that frozen tastes better than fresh.
>>
Frozen veggies you will eat, are better than the fresh veggies that spoil and don't get eaten.
>>
>>39867225

I cook almost exclusively in a pressure cooker so I can measure out my macros. I legitimately can't tell the difference between frozen vegetables and fresh.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.