[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Former Alcoholics Here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: alcohol.jpg (37KB, 576x374px) Image search: [Google]
alcohol.jpg
37KB, 576x374px
I'm trying to quit and could use any advice on how to make it easier and ensure that I don't fall back off the wagon.

How much did/do you drink per day?
>probably 12-15 beers a day after work
I can count the number of days I didn't drink last year on one hand
>>
Former here. When I got really bad I was up to a liter of vodka a day. I went to AA in the beginning and it helped a lot. After awhile stopped going and started working out daily, meal prepping, finding hobbies to fill my time. Went back to school, got a better paying job. Been sober 5 years. Best thing I ever did.
>>
I'm trying to quit right now and it's really fucking hard, I'm starting school next week and I work but I am a functioning alcoholic (I can drink a pint of whiskey, wash my mouth out and then work without being caught, my mind is still on point even when drunk) and I think that makes it harder for me because I have no "reasons" to quit except that I literally feel like I'm dying the day after I drink.

Even that isn't enough to make me stop, maybe I should go to AA.
>>
Get to AA. My dad died of alcoholism at 53. Stay sober.
>>
Im almost an alcoholic. Started over the summer, now I realize I drink over 6 beers a day at minimum. Had 15 yesterday, and now ive had 3. I can't remember the last day I was sober, and what it feels like.
>>
current alcoholic standing by

>quitting

nah
>>
>>39865288
>a pint of whiskey

jesus
>>
>>39864789
I was about the same as you.

Just slowed down after a while when i started seriously lifting, its hard af but make sure you occupy yourself.

So id life mon/tue/thur/fri until about 730 - 8pm
Go home eat and sleep, i would have one tally (i dont know what that is to you yanks) wednesday night, ONE.

Eventually it just got easier not to drink, you can do it breh, we all gon make it.
>>
File: 1483287371458.gif (3MB, 267x337px) Image search: [Google]
1483287371458.gif
3MB, 267x337px
Not gonna give a sob story or whatever for my drinking problems, I am a alcoholic because I think getting drunk is fun.

Now, I have been trying to stop. Only because I've noticed it has began to actively affect my mood going into the next day, and the gains haven't been as high. Kind of what turned it around was pissing myself in my sleep the other week. I'm better than that.

Cut it down to only getting drunk two days a week. It's been mainly 50% vodka that's been doing it for me.
>>
File: 1482538950263.png (450KB, 750x838px) Image search: [Google]
1482538950263.png
450KB, 750x838px
This time last year I would occasionally binge drink. Then it started to get more and more regular...especially once my fiance cheated on me. After that, I went through a pint of gin about every day. Sometimes I would switch it up and just drink whiskey from a handle. Or if I was feeling fancy I'd go for a bottle of wine.

When I'd run out of money I'd gather up change and buy a few forties. Eventually started to do coke for a bit. Eventually I got to the point that I was blacking out about once a week. Turns out I did some pretty shitty things when I was blacked out. Lost a bunch of friends that way.

I mostly started cutting down after that but I was DTing for a while. Went to a (early) christmas party and got really drunk cause I felt like that was expected of me...?

Its been three weeks since then. Completely sober.

pic semi-related
>>
Another Alcoholic here who would recommend going to AA. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Walking in the door to a meeting really is one of the best moves i ever made.
>>
Drink whatever you have left and just don't buy more
>>
>>39864789
Keto destroyed my desire to drink. Also destroyed 100lbs of body fat in 11 months.
>>
>>39867710
This. You could pretend its a goodbye party to alcohol and a hello to better gainz
>>
Don't if it was true alcoholism. Never diagnosed and got rid of it easily.

Was in a shitty place in my life. Did bad in school and my fattest ever. Bought a backpack full of beer every day on my way home from school. Also had some harder stuff at home. Sometimes I stealthily drank before/in class.
Still did this to a certain degree when I entered uni. Especially around exams. A bottle of wine and 1/2 to 1 of vodka a day.

It never hindered my performance in any way. Stopped when I started losing weight and realized how much calories alcohol had.
>>
I used to drink 2-3 40 ouncers per night, by myself, for years. I'm now coming up on 1 year of sobriety and it's been a lot easier than I thought. The most important thing is that you have to want to quit because otherwise you won't be able to. I decided I didn't want to drink anymore and never looked back. That's basically it.

I would recommend setting up your life so that you protect yourself-don't hang out with people you would drink with, don't go to places where you used to drink. Because I was a night drinker, I forced myself to go to bed early so I wouldn't be tempted. Alcohol used to be my priority, but I made staying sober and getting healthy into priorities. On those rare days I think about drinking, I think about how many calories are in alcohol and that alone keeps me from drinking. Set goals, stay busy, and let time pass. Hang out with friends who don't need to drink to have a good time and don't set yourself up for failure by thinking you can go to a bar and not drink. Good luck.
>>
File: 1455078341942.jpg (4KB, 199x254px) Image search: [Google]
1455078341942.jpg
4KB, 199x254px
>>39865288
> a fucking pint of whiskey
> then going to the gym
>>
>>39869888
thought it said "workout", whoops
>>
File: 1429471809756.jpg (29KB, 409x377px) Image search: [Google]
1429471809756.jpg
29KB, 409x377px
Jesus and i thought i was bad having a half a bottle of whiskey every few days

actually feel better about myself
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.