[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 35

File: NewYearsEdition.jpg (149KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
NewYearsEdition.jpg
149KB, 400x250px
Other thread at 320.

How do I begin incorporating cardio into my routine? I don't want to lose muscle, but I haven't done cardio since spring and I want to ease back into it.
>>
File: beforeafter.jpg (40KB, 492x311px) Image search: [Google]
beforeafter.jpg
40KB, 492x311px
I want an ABxABx routine

Any of you faggots running one well?
>>
>>39864072
You generally incorporate cardio into your routine by doing cardio.
>>
File: dem nees.png (1MB, 1044x1314px) Image search: [Google]
dem nees.png
1MB, 1044x1314px
What are some stretches for the inner knee?
>>
>>39864072

I do sprints one day a week. Lift MWF, sprints for ~10-15 minutes Saturday
>>
>>39864165
Box splits
>>
Anyone know how to read crossfit workouts? Eg 5 deadlifts 110/75. What do they mean by this?
>>
>>39864072
Just take one or two days to run an hour instead of lifting. Should be easy to incorporate if you don't do a 7 day brosplit
>>
So when I was around 12 I moved from the East coast to Las Vegas. After about 8 months of living there I noticed that my hair had started flaking really bad. I have (black people hair) curly hair. Fast forward 11 years and my hair still flakes. I've tried Head & Shoulders and a few other shampoos. I've noticed that when I have my hair cut real short that I have almost 0 flaking. But once I let it grow about an inch or longer I noticed more and more flaking. Just recently I noticed that I wasn't rinsing all the conditioner out of my hair. So once I started rinsing longer I noticed that the amount of flakes had decreased. Well that lasted for about two weeks and it went right back to flaking. So now I am using this leave in conditioner and my hair still flakes but not as much.

I do wash my hair everyday. I can't just rinse it because my hair is full retard and I need something to really lube it up to get into place. Also every little nudge messes with my hair. I have tried washing it every other day but it still flaked.

Any recommendations?
>>
So I broke my wrist a few years back and it never really healed properly.

I've been doing SL and the bench is starting to hurt my wrist a bit. I'm only at 115lbs but it still hurts like a bitch, especially when I really focus on keeping the wrist straight.

I'm worried about going up in weight because I feel like I'm gonna drop it or it'll hurt so bad I won't be able to do it.

Any advice in regards to this? Should I just work on strengthening that specific wrist? On that note, are there any good wrist exercises?
>>
What's the deal with thermogenics?

What's the best brand?
>>
is 4x5 and 3x5 acceptable dumbbell routines for curls and OHP? I'm usually hovering on failure by the end of the sets but haven't been doing this long enough to see gains, just wanted to do something different
>>
1. Is fasting more harmful than helpful after a binge? Ate approx. 3k calories over maint. on NYE so I just fasted today. It wasn't even difficult, I still don't feel hungry. Just wondering whether it's bad to go on like 30 hour fasts.

2. When is the most and least busiest time at the gym? At your gym, is 7-9pm busy?
>>
>>39864482
the problem with fasting after a binge is when you come back on the day after the fast. if you're absolutely starving, there's a good chance you'll overeat again. if you don't, you'll live just fine, but there's that risk.
>>
wash your hair less often. Everyday is excessive famalam
>>
>>39864090
Do upper/lower or push/pull
>>
How do you guys stay focused during sex? I always get distracted a few times despite the stimulation.
>>
>>39864190
110 weight for 75 reps probably considering it's fucking crossfit

>>39864295
Dinitrophenol
>>
>>39864979
>110 weight for 75 reps
that's fucking stupid
>>
>>39864190
think it means the weight choose either 110 or 75
>>
File: JuvSpDk.png (241KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
JuvSpDk.png
241KB, 500x407px
>>39864947
Push pull

Squats on push day, diddly on pull

But is it ok to do squats today and deadlift tomorrow?
>>
I always wonder, people who go to the gym at like 5am or earlier, when do you go to bed at night? How many hours of sleep do you get? It's a habit I'd like to get into.
>>
>>39865031
I try to get 8 hours of sleep, so ideally I would go to bed at 8-9pm but that's impractical so I end up only getting around 6.
>>
File: 1480102789456-wsg.gif (498KB, 471x355px) Image search: [Google]
1480102789456-wsg.gif
498KB, 471x355px
Avocados. Good? Bad? I'm dieting and exercising for the purpose of weight loss. Would 1 avocado be a good or bad addition to a daily diet? Google says a single avacado is under 250 calories. I can give it up if need be, but avacado makes everything so much better. I use it in place of condiments on sandwhiches.

Help would be appreciated
>>
File: 1470070433192.jpg (92KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1470070433192.jpg
92KB, 600x750px
Hello.

Been lifting for three months odd using StrongLifts 5x5 and I was wondering if it's a good idea to add bodybuilding exercises to it? The reason why is because not only does it make you look better but research shows it may help with my lifts as well.

If it's a good idea what should I do? I'm not really informed on how bodybuilding routines work.
>>
Lower A
Squats - 3x5
RDL - 3x8
Lunges - 2x8
Leg Curl - 2x8
Straight Calf Raise - 3x12/Ab Work 3x12 superset

Upper A
Bench - 3x5
Chest Supported Row - 3x8
Incline Bench - 3x8
Lat Pulldown - 2x10
Lateral Raise 2x15/Face Pulls 2x15 superset
Bicep Curls 2x12/Overhead Tricep Ext 2x12 superset

Lower B
Deadlift - 3x5
Leg Press - 3x8
Leg Extensions - 2x12
Leg Curl - 2x12
Seated Calves 3x15/Ab Work 3x15 superset

Upper B
Military Press - 3x5
V-Grip Pulldown - 3x8
Flat DB Bench - 3x8
Cable Row - 2x10
Lateral Raise 2x15/Flys 2x15 superset
Bicep Curls 2x15/Tricep Pressdown 2x15 superset

How does this look for an upper/lower split? Aiming to run it with linear progression, goals are primarily aesthetics
>>
>>39864205
fitness where?
>>
>>39865291
good source of healthy fats, i used to eat an avocado when i was cutting weight for wrestling, the fats give you energy thatll outlast the sugar high and avoid the crash
>>
if you get fat when "bulking" (binging over winter break but also making really nice gains on your lifts) should you stop bulking immediately and solve the situation or ride it out

i think i'm probably back up to 18-19% BF
>>
>>39865320

Looks fine. Maybe you'd be better served by front squatting second on deadlift day rather than leg pressing and you could probably stand to throw in some non-max chinup/pullup sets between your main pressing sets, but this is all minor shit.
>>
File: IMG_6891.jpg (106KB, 694x964px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6891.jpg
106KB, 694x964px
>>39865379
Pic Related
(sorry for dyelposting)
>>
>>39865335
This is the health board is it not?
>>
File: 1382138837916.jpg (20KB, 206x273px) Image search: [Google]
1382138837916.jpg
20KB, 206x273px
Could T3 and Albuterol show up on a drug test for probation?

Thanks.
>>
>>39865437
>>39865335
Oh shit, when did they change it from "Fitness/Health" to just Fitness?
>>
>>39865437

Hasn't been for years.
>>
>>39865379
>>39865401
I just taper don the calories until I am in a cut, I dont like to shock my body by changing eating routines too quickly. I then start stepping it up with cardio, but then again I am a cyclist so a few weeks into summer I am back to eating 4-5k calories a day just to maintain hat I expend.
>>
>>39865471
that sounds like a good idea, but my question was more or less
>do i keep eating at a surplus because my lifts are going up and if i'm gonna get fat i might as well increase my squat by 30 lbs instead of 10
or
>do i cut immediately because jesus christ the fat
>>
>>39865438
Just learn to cut weight without drugs, you fucking useless, fat, degenerate, criminal.
>>
>>39865485
Always bulk from a shredded state. Always.
>>
>>39865488
I did I'm at 13% and want to get to 10%

guilty by association =/= criminal behavior with three months of probation
>>
>>39865506
my friend who's actually aesthetic spent weeks convincing me "just eat over break man, put on some weight it'll be good"

definitely a bad influence

are you saying cut immediately
>>
>>39865521
(actually aesthetic vs. my shit body, i dont give advice**)
>>
>>39865485
well tapering could work well for that too, have you ever heard of a recomp diet? Its here you eat more or less at maintenance to reduce fat but hopefully keep your lifts increasing... but really whats 30lbs on a squat? thats right not a lot.. no woman ever fucked a guy simply because his lifts were certain numbers
>>
>>39865447
Try fa they sometimes have a black hair thread or you could try just a general hair thread
>>
>>39865516
That was harsh of me but I'm not really sorry. Anyway, T3 will melt your muscles off if you're not using AAS, and albuterol is over rated. You want yohimbine hcl, it comes in 2.5 mg pills, start at like 7.5 and work your way up, it's hard for me to tolerate at about 17.5, 10-15 is the sweet spot for most people. Fasted cardio in the morning with coffee and yhcl, then stay fasted until dinner
>>
>>39865521
the thing is whichever one you choose will be fine and it will probably work out either way, i just believe it's more optimal to bulk from 8-12 than 10-15

look up the p ratio articles from lyle mcdonald
>>
I am a girl considering a tattoo. It would mostly be to cover self injury scars so I can wear tank tops again. I'm torn between which is trashier: tattoos or scars. Advice?
>>
>>39865568
good luck tattoing scars well
>>
>>39865555
oh definitely i agree, i read a lot about that and i think it was a mistake to bulk even if it feels really good to make progress again ( i was, at the lowest estimate possible, 14% BF)

>anyhow

so if i were to keep bulking at maybe a 400-500 calorie surplus until february, then start cutting, that wouldn't be a waste of time?

thanks man and sorry for asking such a shitty subjective question lmao
>>
>>39865568
wait until they develop the ink that makes the tattoo last for about a year i forgot what name it was called and bring it to your tattoo artist when you visit they should charge you the same (because the time it takes to finish it) but if you decided at the end of the year you really want it back you can get it permanently
>>
/fit/... I keep getting sick.

That is, I keep coming down with illnesses that are keeping me from going to the gym. I think, once the weather got colder here, I've been sick more days than I've been healthy. I was basically shut down most of November (luckily my job involves sitting at a desk), managed to get to the gym a bit after Thanksgiving, got sick again before Christmas, went a couple times last week, and then got hit with another cold on Thursday. I didn't even get to have fun last night... I passed out at 9:30.

I am losing so many of my gains... and I like to run too, so I'm losing ALL of my cardio gains... I am no way going to be ready for 5Ks this spring...

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>39865596
Ok bro tip to make performance gains on a cut

BODYWEIGHT MOVEMENTS

Lose fat + gain skill = PRs

Chinups, dips, handstands, L-sits, sprints, and plyometrics

That's would I would do. Then when you come back to lifting, it will take a bit to get back into your old numbers because of movement familiarity, but you'll be able to progress fast because you trained your CNS so hard.

That's what I would do.
>>
>>39865651
Are you taking your vitamin D and zinc?
>>
File: proteins.jpg (129KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
proteins.jpg
129KB, 1200x1200px
Hey /fit/

Is having one scoop with milk of pic related for breakfast a good way to start the day?

Is chocolate or vanilla better?

Thanks
>>
>>39865665
I eat a pretty well balanced diet, lots of eggs and fiber and vegetables, so I don't take any extra vitamins.

I've been loading up on acetaminophen though...
>>
>>39865674
no
>>
>>39865454
Well damn! I guess I never looked at the board name for a good 3 or so years then.
>>
>>39865674
Depends on the rest of your day (other food and your energy output). Depends on your sensitivity to milk and what type you're buying. Either flavor is fine bro. Protein is absorbed up to 25% better when a fiber source is present. If you make a shake with some spinach you won't even taste it and you'll be getting tons of nutrients.
>>
Hello, I currently worked out my chest like 4 days ago and im still sore, today i was at work and i somehow stretched my arms and all of a sudden i felt a pinch on my left chest, is this normal? Think i pulled something? Can't tell because i'm still sore so idk if it's because of the soreness or i fucked my shit up
>>
>>39865675
The ellipses indicate to me that you know that's a bad idea long term. Why do you feel the need to load up?

You can't get optimal vitamin D levels through diet. You need proper sunlight exposure (which you can't really achieve during the winter) or supplementation. It's dirt fucking cheap, take 2000-4000 IU/day.
>>
File: wheelchair.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
wheelchair.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
>>39864072
Use a wheelchair to get around. You get some cardio while you roll around and maximally preserve your hard earned gains.
>>
>>39865720
I've been taking tylenol because of the fevers and my sinuses feel like they're going to explode.

I'll try some vitamin D.

Should I actually do a daily multivitamin, or just D?
>>
>>39865739
Multivitamins are generally fucking ass. Just get D3. And eat fermented foods. Sorry you're sick bro.
>>
Has anyone here with previously chronic joint pain tried anti-inflammatory diet as a way of dealing with it? any results?
>>
File: 1482626707912.jpg (79KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1482626707912.jpg
79KB, 500x501px
What are some good skincare routines? I already have a good scrub (Cetaphil) but my face gets pretty oily still and I'd like to get rid of the blackheads on my nose.

Do pore strips work?

Any /fit/ Bateman-approved exfoliants?
>>
>>39864072
I do a workout routine of ABX, with A upper body and B lower, with x as a rest day. This means I end up doing 5 workouts a week for a upper body/lower body split, so should I increase my number of rest days or not?
>>
File: carnation.png (201KB, 323x288px) Image search: [Google]
carnation.png
201KB, 323x288px
>>39865697
Rest of the day is pretty clean eating plus exercise daily. Currently I have been having pic related with milk. Just trying to find something a bit healthier for a quick breakfast.
>>
>>39865292
> I was wondering if it's a good idea to add bodybuilding exercises to it
Body building exercises don't do shit. 12 reps with baby weight isn't some magic key. Stop believing it's doing sets of 30 135 squats will give you 40 inch thighs. The lifts that get body builders big is lifting a need to their quad.
>>
I've been lifting on off for about 8 months and recently made a friend who lifts and has taught me a lot of stuff and has gotten me seriously into lifting for the past 4 months. But he started me on a brosplit when I had been doing SS and SL5x5. Although I've made some decent progress I'm still pretty damn small and not too strong, ~135 at 6', and I heard an AB push/pull routine would be best for me at this point. How does this one look?

Day A: Push
>Squat barbell 5x5
>Bench press 5x5
>Incline dumbbell press5x5
>Dumbbell overhead press 5x5
>Lateral side raises 3x12
>Triceps pushdown 3x12
>Dips 3x12

Day B: Pull
>Deadlift 5x5
>Dumbbell hammer curl 5x5
>Cable row/Barbell row 5x5
>Wide grip lat pulldown 3x12
>Biceps 21s 3x21
>Abs

I got this routine from a post on reddit, which I can link to if anyone wants to look at his progress. They guy is my age, my height, but started lifting at 145 lbs while I started at 120. And his progress is exactly what I want. I know it's not advised to lift on a made up routine but I think this one is really good and it seems like it really worked for the guy.

Thoughts?
>>
>>39865965

The reason you're still small and weak has as much to do with your height/weight as it does what routine you've chosen.

The routine will probably work if you attack it, but most people are going to be facepalming at the idea of 5x5 hammer curls and how lopsided it generally is.
>>
How long is whey good fore past the expiry? And how do you tell if it's gone bad?

I have a tub of whey that I must have forgotten about in the back of my pantry, it expired like a year ago, but it's still sealed, I would assume because it's dry and sealed it should be fine. I opened it and it doesn't smell off, but it's clumped slightly.
>>
>>39864300
>is 4x5 and 3x5 acceptable dumbbell routines for curls and OHP? I'm usually hovering on failure by the end of the sets but haven't been doing this long enough to see gains, just wanted to do something different
>>
>>39864295
it's just legal speed.

ephedrine, caffeine, and guaranine are the top three, they're the base of almost every pre workout.

>>39864979
>DNP
enjoy going blind along with your psychotic break
>>
>>39865026
>ok to do squats today and deadlift tomorrow

it's fine, I do this because squats exhaust me too much to get a good livelife set going but you shouldn't go for PR without resting your legs entirely
>>
>>39865994
Yeah I was wondering about the low reps on the Dumbbell presses and curls. Should I switch those to 3x12?

And I know I'm still small and weak because I wasn't dedicated enough and didn't eat enough in the earlier stages, but a lot of my progress has been more recent. And I do currently lift 4-6 days a week so I'm confident I'll be able to stick to the routine.
>>
>>39866145

Personally I'd put them in a higher rep range. 8s or 12s most likely. It is possible to do DB work fairly heavy but I doubt it'd be worthwhile if it's going to be the third or fourth movement of the day.
>>
>>39865292

yes. call them assistance lifts if you want to be athletic about it, but add in lots of traditional isolation lifts like skull crushers and curls and calf raises and also traditional lifts like pull ups and dips, it will help your progress immensely. don't bother with a specific BB routine for hem, just aim for 3x5 or 5x5 to failure, lift heavy at all times.
>>
>>39865292

Carmela Habibi
>>
Does anyone have tips for keeping pace while jogging? Does it even matter or should I allow myself to run at a faster pace even if it requires a walking break intermittently?

I run a 6.8km loop, best time so far at 38 minutes (just starting). Training mostly for calorie burning.
>>
>>39865965
I would change the order so you start with compound lifts and work your way to isolations. E.g. Rows before curls. And the 5x5 curls is a little weird too, but if it works for you, then so be it. Most importantly, eat more.
>>
>>39865608
This would be a good idea, except it will probably be really expensive. I've got a large swath of skin that needs to be covered (pretty much my entire left delt).
>>
>>39866165

This is poor advice. Assistance work, especially isolations, should rarely be pushed in the low rep range. It ends up being more stress and risk for less results.
>>
>>39865701
it's DOMS just work through it after 36 hours
>>
How long would it take roughly to gain around 10kg/22lbs on a clean bulk for somebody who is quite active? Clean bulk meaning no junk or fatty foods at around 3000 calories per day.

For reference:
Lifting 3x per week
Light running 2x per week
Light cycling 5x per week
Moderate lifting and constantly on feet on weekends (work)

183cm/6ft, 73kg/160lbs CB
>>
>>39866222

"errybody wanna be big ain't nobody wanna lift some heavy ass weight" --Giganigga Xtreme

don't be stupid and you almost literally can't injure yourself doing stuff like french press and barbell curls
>>
>>39866257

You mean 10kg total or 10kg muscle?

Either way, no way of knowing for sure. Depends on your calorie expenditure and your exact intake. 'around 3000' covers a hell of a lot of ground.
>>
>>39865568
Scars can be sexy.
Tattoos are generic.
I'm guessing you either have scars on your wrists or upper legs?
>>
>>39866187
If you need a walking break then you are overdoing it imo
>>
>>39866273
Total.
I sit down most of the day, and I'' only at the gym for 1.5hours and I cycle for roughly 30mins so I don't burn too many calories. So would anybody with experience in bulking be able to give me a ballpark time estimate?
>>
Is pubic hair considered a health question?

I have a serious problem when it comes to needing to "readjust' my junk. The problem is that the small crease between my penis and scrotum on both sides gets itchy when I walk around. It doesn't itch anywhere else, just in those two small creases. This, along with needing to wear slim jeans because I'm skinny, leads me to need to readjust myself frequently during the day, and I don't want to have to do that

I usually trim the pubic hair (go with the grain) and I don't want to shave that spot because I'[m both afraid of cutting the sensitive area, but also that it will come back prickly and itch even worse

help? Advice I'm desperate
>>
>>39866164
Cool, makes sense. Thank a lot!
>>
>>39866353

Thanks for the advice, first time I jogged around it took me 42 minutes flat but with zero walking breaks. Personally I'd prefer to keep both feet off the ground the whole way around and build up the speed that way.
>>
>>39864955

Either you've watched too much porn, or you're banging someone you're not really that attracted to anymore. In most cases it's the first one.
>>
>>39864482
My gym, which is an Anytime in the middle of a college campus, is least busy between noon-2pm and after 10pm

If you look yours up on Google it might say what hours are the busiest
>>
File: R20.png (39KB, 686x448px) Image search: [Google]
R20.png
39KB, 686x448px
This is my current program, it's pretty much a modified stronglifts.

completely randomly chosen days:
I do push ups, pull ups (weighted), chin ups (weighted), dips (weighted), back extensions (weighted), and I'm trying to do farmer's walks with regular dumbbells but I don't really feel that it's working, the bigger ones are too hard to get off the floor and not much space to walk in the gym.

Could anybody help me improve my program and add some new accessories that would benefit STRENGTH training?

Sorry if this doesn't seem like it's appropriate for this thread, but yeah.
>>
I am fixing my duck like walk, when I stand straight with my feet my knees bend inward and I can't squat correctly. Is this just a muscular issue or something serious
>>
>>39866324
Shoulder, delt area. I was thinking of getting one of those armor tattoos, but leather instead of plate. I'm not sure I really want one, but I regret the scars and think they're hideous.

They're in a grid like pattern and some are thick and slug like.
>>
>>39864072
am tallish 135lb grill, have raw 2plate deadlift. do you think 3 plate is at all realistic? I dont really like specifically training for strength because i like to make gymtime casual and fun but a 3plate dead would be really impressive and make me feel good about myself.
>>
>>39866657
Just do it man it's a bit experimental but you'll probably learn something. What is the end goal? Current stats?
>>
>>39866858
You would have to get more serious, 3 plate pulls just don't happen for girls your size training casually.

https://imgur.com/a/EUoI5#KGgX4WA
>>
>>39865869
If you need to rest more then yes, if you are progressing well then why change
>>
>>39866902
damn, i was hoping since i got to 2plate fairly easily that i could just keep doing what im doing. your deadlift is higher than most guys at my gym. actually so is mine, there's some srsly weak faggots that wear a belt and wraps for 1.5plate.
>>
>>39866980
that lady isn't me i'm a dude she's stronger than me too. i pull 335
>>
>>39866994
well thanks for the speedy reply mate, happy new year :)
>>
>>39867017
u2
>>
if i cant get a sixpack only a 2 pack and im already skinny as fuck does that mean that i have shit genetics?
>>
>>39867053
maybe, more likely you just don't have much ab hypertrophy though

gain 20 lb and train your abs every other day throughout and they'll grow
>>
>>39866657
Man there is so many things you could do depending what gaps you are trying to fill.
Stiff leg deads, goodmornings, sumo deadlifts, and lunges are good lower body accessories,
Close grip bench, dumbell bench, dumbell press, dips, pin press, pause bench, tricep extensions are good for working up your pressing power.
Chins, pulldowns, rows, shrugs are good to balance out the shoulder girdle, for pressing helps keep your back firm for the squat, and works your grip for deads.
This list is no where no comprehensive
>>
>>39866847
I'm not the original guy that replied to you but if tattoos are something that would help you regain confidence then I definitely think you should get some. If it were me personally I would go with the tattoos.
>>
>>39867081
Ive been going to the gym for like 2 years, my abs are hard but they wont show so i guess shit genetics
>>
Alright /fit/ I'd like some insight on yohimbine HCL. I just finished my bulk and am 5'9 200lbs. Lifts are the following:
>Bench 250 1rm (can probably do 260)
>Deadlift 435 1rm
>Squat 280 for 5 (haven't maxed but I should be able to do 315)
>OHP 140 for 3

I have started my cut with 2100 cals a day with 245 grams of protein, 45 grams of fat and 220 grams of carbs. I'm curious as to how I should take the yohimbine. I saw a vid a few months ago on here about it the guy said I should take .2 mg per kg of body weight. So I'd be taking around 7 capsules a day. Is that right? The label on the back says 2 a day max so I was wondering if any anons had some thoughts about taking yohimbine HCL. Should I take it before doing cardio or should I take it in the morning since I'd be on a fasted stomach? Or does it not matter all that much?

Here is the vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1wCyRcMAZ4
>>
Been in the military as a support guy for nearing 9 years. Maybe seriously lifted for 2 of those years in total time, spread out. A long time ago I've maxed out my linear progression gains and stalled a few times, then quit as I didn't quite wrap my head around intermediate progression.

So, my question is, should I be shooting for those same numbers I stalled at before jumping into something like madcow or texas method or canditos? My lifts are about 75% of what they were across the board currently.
>>
Sort of a different question, but should we place more emphasis on the bodyweight ratio bench compared to the absolute value?

Say if you're 70kg and can bench 70kg, isn't that more impressive than a 100kg man who can bench 80kg?
>>
>>39867053
Skinny doesn't necessarily mean low body fat, so check that,
>>39867081
This guy could also be correct try doing harder ab exercises like cable crunches try and hypertrophy the shit out those muscle bellies then they will look more seperated

Also genetics
>>
My right quad is noticeably bigger than the left. I've been watching my squat stance and haven't noticed any significant dipping on either side of the bar when doing squats, but I still notice the imbalance. So far it's not hurt my squat progress, but I'm worried it might. My right leg is also about half an inch shorter than the left because I broke it as a teenager, so I don't know if that contributes at all.

I've been doing 2x10 split squats every other lifting day to try and work on the imbalance. Should I do anything more?
>>
>>39867833
Starting over is cool, but you'll make those linear gains much quicker. Rather then adding 5-10 you'll be adding 15-20. Remember, the main thing with linear progression is progressively adding weight while maintaining proper form, not to make gains quickly.
>>
I'm doing bench 3x2 for 240, how many 3x10's should I be doing for a light bench day?
>>
File: 54232342342325t25.png (174KB, 385x381px) Image search: [Google]
54232342342325t25.png
174KB, 385x381px
do you guys change ur clothes or drive home in your car with your nasty ass gym clothes
>>
>>39866878
Welp after 6 months:
Squat (Paused ATG) - 220lbs
Bench (Paused) - 155lbs
Deadlift - 240lbs
OHP - 100lbs
Row - 140lbs

Pretty weak numbers, but I only recently took care of all my problems (hip, knee and shoulder pains) and I finally got all the movements down, time for steady progression.
>>
>>39867995
i shower and change at the gym, but that's mainly because i dont have a real shower where i live

id say it depends on how much you care about the cleanliness of your car
>>
>>39867995
Change.
>>39867927
Personally to myself yes but competitively and among tryhards, absolute numbers matter more.
>>39866902
>grill 50lb lighter outlifts you
I mean she's holding international records but still.
>>
What is the best way to count calories for homemade food, especially if you don't make it yourself?

I guess a scale would help.
>>
>>39868343
Food scale is useful for some pieces of food (such as meat or solid pieces of cheese). And get yourself some measuring cups and spoons and follow the nutrition info on the packages or online
>>
>>39864072
Skeleton here, how many jars of peanut butter should i be eating a month to bulk up
>>
>>39868438
>>
How to track macros when eating out?
>>
>>39868471
If you're going to a chain restaurant, most of those places will have online nutrition info (some places will have nutrition menus in store). More local fare will require you to get more info (i.e. ask the pre-cook weight of burger meat), but a lot of it will have to be more researched for similar items and sizes
>>
>>39868097
oh sorry, end goal is just to gain strength on the paused squat, paused bench, and the other lifts, I'll most likely start owg once I reach respectable weights.
>>
So if I'm just cutting without lifting would I need to still focus on hitting macros as much as I would if I were lifting, or are they more of a guideline?
>>
>>39868447
85 spoon fulls it is.
>>
File: popeye.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
popeye.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
how do I into popeye forearms
>>
>>39868527
better off with plg with those movements
>>
>>39868635
I don't see why building a good strength base would not be beneficial for owg, I've seen a lot of olympic weightlifters who can deadlift a lot (klokov and clarence are two examples)

And I dislike plg, since if you want to lift the most amount of weight you have to use meme low bar, sumo etc.
>>
>>39864072
Any Ausfags have a relatively cheap way to get protein barring meat? I'm trying to up my protein, and I've started snapping up discount thigh cutlets (3 kg for $15, but I think that deal is a one off) but this shit is gonna get progressively more expensive, and I'm gonna need to sub in other, cheaper proteins every few days, but nothing seems to have the sheer amount that meat does. All I can think of is:
>2l of milk plus oats
>Lentils and sunflower seeds in the form of heinous veggie steaks
>A shitload of Greek yoghurt and cheese
>Canned tuna

All this shit is relatively cheap, but I'm still looing for more options. Spending $10 for just 4 days worth of protein (1kg of chicken breast) is gonna mount up very fast. Ausfag's advice specifically would be good, ebcause our prices are totally fucked.

>inb4 protein powder; obviously I'm using some already, but it tastes like shit and I hate it
>>
>>39868709
why aren't you doing any oly lifts in your current program then?
>>
>>39868580
reverse curls
>>
>>39868709
The thing about oly lifting is that the explosive strength is more developed by explosive movements. Doing power-based lifts can help in overall strength which obviously will have some carry over to oly work, but if you're looking to get into oly lifting, and your mobility is on point, you're better off just getting into it and training your nervous system
>>
>>39864072
What's your lifting routine look like? The usual way to do it is on the 2-3 days you aren't lifting, go jogging or whatever other cardio you want. If not, try doing it after lifting. If you're worried about gains, make sure you eat something after.
>>
>>39864205
Similar problem to me. One thing that helped me was when I'm having a hot shower, the last few minutes I tone it down to lukewarm. The steam can effect your scalp, and the sudden temp change of getting out of a hot shower into the cold bathroom can fuck your hair up. Doesn't fix it overnight, but helps alleviate it.

>>39865335
Fuck off newfag, and lurk moar.

>>39865437
It is, they just dropped it from the title. It's a handy newfag detector too. Health is a component of fitness (or rather, other way round), so just because it isn't explicitly stated doesn't mean this isn't the place for it.
>>
Why do I get a bit of lower back pain when Im doing the dishes or shoveling snow, but not whilst squatting, deadlifting or working in my part time job which includes a ton of lifting doors?
>>
>>39868729
Because I want to work on my strength for now, simple as that.
>>39868823
Yeah I get it, I'm not even 100% sure I'll start owg, but for now I'll stick to regular strength training and enjoy the feeling of it and plus some mid-tier aesthetic gains.
>>
Are you less likely to injure yourself doing high bar or low bar squats?
>>
>>39869162
Depends on which one your form is less shit on
>>
>>39869220
assume theyre equally good/shit
>>
File: 1482479964984.jpg (52KB, 550x548px) Image search: [Google]
1482479964984.jpg
52KB, 550x548px
Did deadlifts for the first time yesterday,woke up with tightness in the front part of both my right and left shoulder.
What the fuck did I do wrong?
>>
>>39868721
Nope. $10 every 4 days is fine unless you're a uni student, Stop buying some other thing to cover the cost of the meat if you are really concerned.
>>
Quck Question: Do you think I could drop 25kg/55lbs? in 6-8 months? I'm currently 116kg or 255lbs and a fatboi who hasn't gymmed properly in months and lost my ways with new job etc and got lazy etc. I want to get down to 90kg and be lean, idc about abs at this point i just want to be 15-20% bodyfat and not have big fat rolls etc.
>>
>>39869244
I actually am a uni student. And I am slowly eating out less, and spending money on food instead of alcohol, but shit is still expensive. I was wondering if I was missing out on something, or if I have to bit the bullet and pour money into this.
>>
>>39869237
Personal preference, they really don't matter as long as you can do them well

Low bar lets you squat more
>>39869237
>>>39869220 (You)
>assume theyre equally good/shit
>>
>>39864072
Is it normal for Bent over Lat Raises to be so hard?
I just couldn't get my arms all the way up, maybe I just need to stretch more?
>>
>>39869266
If you want gains, you got to pour money into it. You'll get paid by centrelink anyways. Get a job at coles/woolies 2-3 nights a week. I wish I was living that comfy lifestyle, working 60hrs a week for chump change is no fun.
>>
>>39865875
if you can stomach it, I would suggest taking a cup of oats, a scoop of protein and some milk and puting it all in a blender
as healthy and nutritious as breakfast can get, the only downside is the woeful taste of oats
>>
File: hands_PNG929.png (2MB, 2390x1299px) Image search: [Google]
hands_PNG929.png
2MB, 2390x1299px
Why do chinups hurt so much? I use the monkey bar grip where the orange line is facing directly behind me and the red part hurts like hell. After a few reps it starts to feel like my skin is going to get ripped off. I often skip reps because of the soreness/tenderness and it hurts to touch for a few minutes after.

Bar is metal with some texture but most people I see do chinups use that kind of bar. I thought my skin would get used to it after a while but it's been months now . Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>39864072
Currently on my first cut ever (finally understood the words diet, calories and proteins)
Should i keep doing SS (heavy and low volume) during the cut, or do a split/more volume would be better ? I'm still new to this and i don't want to fuck up hard
>>
>>39864072
can you do standing barbell calf raises with it in your hands w/ straps instead of on your back?
>>
I try to fix my bad posture by pulling my shoulders back. is it supposed to be painful in the beginning or am i doing somethin wrong?
>>
>>39869955
yes whatever is most comfortable
>>39870083
yes you are stretching tight muscles and working weak ones it will hurt at first
>>
File: 1483217324744.jpg (84KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1483217324744.jpg
84KB, 1024x683px
>>39869895
people are going to say get used to it and grow callouses. Just get gloves, instant grip and never have to risk cuts/infections/scabs. Had it in baseball growing up, no thanks.

Also, my fingers fall asleep no matter how much I deadlift, the glove thickness prevents it for me.

Also...girls don't like that sandpaper hand shit, inb4 lifting for girls
>>
I have a cold, with chest ache, dry cough, aches and a sore throat
Should I wait until next week to lift?
>>
>>39869592
Kek. Parent's combined income is at the exact point where centerlink won't pay an amount worth it. And I do have a job at a fancy restaurant, but I was hoping to be a cheap shit and save my money. I guess I'll have to burn some cash. Cheers my man.
>>
>>39870337
Dont get others at the gym sick. If you gave a homegym and you feel like lifting just scale down the weight/intensity a bit
>>
I started going for regular runs about a week ago. How long should it take until I can actually run more than one block without feeling like death?
>>
I fart after I drink milk.
Is that normal?
>>
>>39870621
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose_intolerance
>>
>>39870621
you may have a slight lactose intolerance, but farting after eating/drinking high protein foods (especially dairy products) is completely normal. you're fine
>>
>>39870651
Fuck.

>>39870658
Well when I eat quark, cheese, eggs, ice cream etc. my stomach is fine.

Guess I'll be dropping milk from my diet.
Though protein shakes made with water taste disgusting.
>>
>>39870418
>>39870337
go to the gym. People need immunities. Going to the gym is already a health hazard so you coughing like a bitch is nothing compared to gym stains
>>
>>39870337
try shooting yourself with smaller bullets to build up an immunity to larger bullets.
>>
>>39868910
Bumping this as I am wondering the same
>>
How important is it to be an early exerciser?

I start my new routine tomorrow. It's all running. Is it better to run before I go to work, or late night after dinner run?
>>
>>39864072

Would drinking an energy drink before doing cardio be dangerous?
>>
What is the most accurate TDEE calculator on the internet in your experience? I'm 175/65 guy, doing SS three times a week + very light cardio (slow jogging, 10 minutes) on tuesday and thursday), beside that i'm sedentary.
>>
Started bulking in November after going from 270lbs to 185lbs, Currently at 210lbs. Question is, should i keep doing cardio when bulking? Even if it's just like 20 minutes. if so, should i just replace the calories I've burnt from the cardio?
>>
>>39870982
they're not accurate and they don't have to be. the purpose of a TDEE calculator is to provide an initial guess that you will later adjust based on what happens in the real world. it doesn't matter much in the long run if the initial guess is good or bad, it just has to be a ballpark estimate.
>>
I was going to do a calisthenics routine in addition to PHUL. Like what I'm thinking is do PHUL, then come home and do calisthenics for an hour. Would this be overtraining?
>>
>>39870810
It's not important, what's important is that you keep doing it.
>>
File: yohimbine.png (52KB, 1476x369px) Image search: [Google]
yohimbine.png
52KB, 1476x369px
>>39867668
>>
>>39871453
Thanks. I have an 18 week routine. It's in a spreadsheet where I can tick off each time. I will keep doing it to the best of my ability.
>>
>>39871478
Just keep in mind if you run after dinner you may have a heavy stomach. You could try running before dinner if you run into that issue
>>
>>39871491
Problem is work. I'll get home at dinner time really, so won't have time to go before. (it's cooked for me)

And I usually leave it an hour or two so that digestion does its job. I'd prefer to run early, but I'm no early bird. Definitely a night owl.
>>
Cardio before or after lunch?
>>
I might have done something to my back while deadlifting. I didnt experience any sharp pain (a little soreness) while doing the exercise but it was quite sore in the middle of the night. Did i injure my lower back? Also i took a few days off lifting and it feels 85% better. Should i go back to working out? Should I adjust my workouts at all because of the incident (besides fixing my form)?
>>
If I'm a huge idiot that has no idea what I'm doing and just start doing random ass dumbbell exercises daily, but also carefully monitor my diet what results will I see? Starting point is fat fuck.
>>
>>39871544
Just eat a little bit then. Not enough to fill you up, but enough to make you not hungry. After run eat the rest of your food.

That way you don't have to wait a long period of time for your run.
>>
>>39871918
Decent results for a month or three because an untrained body will respond to any retarded training scheme, then stalling. There's a reason people actually put thought into their routines and don't just do 'random' exercises.
>>
>>39871918

Depends on what "random ass dumbbell exercises" means. You'll get results if you do goblet squats, dumbbell bench, etc. with challenging weights. You'll get no results if you do curls and tricep extensions all day with those 5 lb. cardiobunny dumbbells. If you watch your diet and eat at a deficit, you'll lose fat regardless.
>>
How do I properly treat a tennis elbow?

I've been icing every day, and doing exercises like hammer curls and farmer's walks, but my pain still isn't going away at all. I'm pretty sure it's getting worse, actually...
>>
>>39872001
>"random ass dumbbell exercises"
I don't know names well but mostly bicep curls, raising the arm horizontally to the side, holding the dumbbell at the shoulder then extending arms all the way up, lift the dumbbell bending elbows out til it comes to my nipple height, holding one in both hands behind the neck then extending arms up. These are 10 lb dumbbells. Also do sit ups.
>>39871979
That's not as bad as I feared. It means I have some time to figure what's best for me while still seeing some results.
>>
Is >>>/r9k/33833003 good for a robot?
>>
File: 20170102_235308-1.jpg (484KB, 1842x1848px) Image search: [Google]
20170102_235308-1.jpg
484KB, 1842x1848px
How bad is my gyno and does losing weight help? Am 63kg 5'6 manlet
>>
>>39868910
bump
>>
The local gym doesnt have an ordinarny squat rack, only that type where the bar can move up and down those two upright rails. I've already seen people look down on that thing, but what are the cons of working out on that and not just with weights?
I never worked out, so I'm currently looking at which gym should I start.
>>
File: Purposeful_Primitive.jpg (83KB, 742x556px) Image search: [Google]
Purposeful_Primitive.jpg
83KB, 742x556px
opinions?
>>
>>39872072
that's like pre-beginner lifts. lift more
>>
>>39872096
you curve your lower back (leaning forward) when doing the former tasks, but not the latter.
>>
>>39864287
Try reverse grip.
>>
Is it normal to drop from 3x12x18kg curling while standing to 3x10x12 for seated concentration curls? It's a good drop in volume
>>
I want to go running early tomorrow. But I'm worried about icy pavements.

Anything I can do to reduce risk of falling?
>>
>>39872884
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
— JAPANESE PROVERB

xoxo
>>
im fat and got big ass nips
will my nips shrink when i lose weight?
>>
File: darkstalkers-cartoon.jpg (35KB, 620x422px) Image search: [Google]
darkstalkers-cartoon.jpg
35KB, 620x422px
Any nutritionist-friends here?
I have a shitty diet and I want to take vitamins to supplement it because I'm noticing a few things that I want to fix (which I didn't have before when I had the time and motivation to eat better)

>really weak nails
>more grey hair
>lots of general apathy and 0 willingness to get up in the morning
>cold hands/poor circulation to extremities

Are there any recommended general men's vitamins I can take? I'm 30 (yeah I realize I'm getting older as well so some of this is due to that). I was gonna buy some Centrum for Men from Walmart but I wanted some recs; there are so many brands and I don't know what the fuck is considered good.
>>
>>39873435
Also one other thing, I have some really fucked up short term memory loss thing going on. I'll lock the door before I leave but never remember whether or not I actually locked it.

Not saying any of this is fixed with vitamins, but I know my diet is shit right now and I'm just hoping for some kinda improvement; I feel like shit and I know at least some of it is due to poor diet.
>>
Can I do weighted chin-ups without one of those belts?

Any easier way to pack weight on for these?
>>
>>39873435
Fuck vitamins take collagen and improve your vitamin C intake

Great Lakes is the best brand, take a heaping spoonful or two in warm water before bed

Oh and conserve your semen
>>
>>39873669
I use an old backpack.
>>
Due to medical reasons I can't lift for 2 weeks.

I was bulking prior to this. What do I do during this time? Keep bulking? Cut? Maintain?
>>
my legs seem to bow in my shin/below knee area, is this normal or should I worry about it?
>>
>>39873798
That's a great idea, so simple. Thanks anon
>>
If cardio kills gains, how can I improve my cardiovascular health?
>>
>>39873872
Cardio does not kill gains unless you're running like 10 miles a day and cutting hard on your diet.

If your goal is gains/strength I'd recommend doing cardio after lifting, though.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the second half of my comment)
>>
>>39873435

Why not eating tangerines or orange juice, or whatever other vitamin-C fruit instead, for taht matter?
>>
What's the best type of mattress/bed for recovery to sleep on? Memory foam? Pocket sprung? Cheers.
>>
>been sick af for the last 4 days or so
>haven't been eating as much
>only went to gym once
>have the worst sore throat and running nose ever
>gains are in danger, but I really don't think I could bare the gym right now
what do? Should I just focus on getting better and then go hard as fuck when I'm able to go? If I went now I doubt I'd be able to do more than a couple things
>>
>>39866084
>>>39864300
>>is 4x5 and 3x5 acceptable dumbbell routines for curls and OHP? I'm usually hovering on failure by the end of the sets but haven't been doing this long enough to see gains, just wanted to do something different

just want an off the cuff opinion brehs
>>
>>39873835
are you fat? lose weight. are you skinny? maintain until you can lift again
>>
>>39873262
no but they will become more acceptable
>>
File: iLhAJBl.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
iLhAJBl.png
47KB, 547x465px
What is the majority opinion on Greyskull? I've been doing it for a couple weeks now and want to make sure I'm not investing too much time into a bad routine
>>
>>39872022
stop doing curls, stop doing any load bearing exercise that involves bending your elbow, every single one, don't pick up a cup of coffee if you can help it.

stop icing, ice is only for fresh injuries. use tiger balm or similar if you like the way it feels. wrap your elbow while awake, and do consistent grip, wrist and forearm exercises only- wrist curls, rollups, gripping. that's the speediest way to recover bt be warned, once you get tennis elbow you're prone to it forever, so be careful
>>
>>39865651
Me 2 bro, been sick for three months now. I just booked a doctors appointment, you should too. Going crazy from this
>>
I have a bunch of questions.

Does cardio actually kill gains? Would it be better to do it directly before or after weights, or at a completely different time?

Is one long bulk with a long cut going to give a different final result than a few short bulks with short cuts?

Are there any good non-barbell compounds for the shoulders?

I've seen some conflicting information on Aromasin useage when cycling, can you provide some basic info or a good place to read info on it?

Anyone got a good video/guide on SLDL form?
>>
>>39874423
No, do it AFTER or in rest days since it WILL affect your lifting

yes

OHP is king but you can do the same seated with dumbbells, lateral raises and there's others which I dunno the name

dont know about that sorry

SLDL is basically hinging your hips, like giving your ass(no homo) as far as you can while keeping your whole back straight and with minimal knee bend
bar needs to go at least past knees
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>39874423
>Does cardio actually kill gains?
No.
After because it's often easier to run than to strength train after using a lot of energy, or whenever you want.

>Is one long bulk with a long cut going to give a different final result than a few short bulks with short cuts?
Depends on the calories and nothing more or less. Ultimately no when adjusted

>Are there any good non-barbell compounds for the shoulders?
Dumbbells tend to be better for the shoulders because of range of motion, same as chest. But for both BB makes it far easier to control. Plenty of shoulder movements inc compounds without barbells, Arnold Press immediately comes to mind. Google for tons more.

>I've seen some conflicting information on Aromasin useage when cycling, can you provide some basic info or a good place to read info on it?
Someone at your level who's asking the previous questions should DEFINITELY not be considering cycling. Stop being a spastic.

>Anyone got a good video/guide on SLDL form?
Google

Do your own homework kid
>>
I'm 6.8" x 4"

how can I into pencil dik?
>>
I feel like I'm sleeping too much. It's not hard for me to sleep 10 hours, and just last night I slept for 12.

Am I overtraining?
>>
File: 1477098504305.jpg (212KB, 1260x736px) Image search: [Google]
1477098504305.jpg
212KB, 1260x736px
Can I do early empty stomach cardio and the same day in the evening/next day do Stronglifts?

How can I improve stronglifts?

Is it worth to eat protein powder?
>>
how2 reduce stress levels? worried about 3 exams I'll have in just 5 months which are EXTREMELY important
doesn't help that between lifting, boxing and paying extra for help on a class I failed last year is consuming all my free time
>>
i iskallt OHP with an olympic barbell but today i used an ez bar. I felt burn in all the right places but it was much easier than last week even though it was 2.5kg more.

coincidence or ez bar chat mode?
>>
File: _tsMrVmLX5k.jpg (47KB, 720x747px) Image search: [Google]
_tsMrVmLX5k.jpg
47KB, 720x747px
Is it bad to do squats and bench on the same day? Bench is the one I want to work on most, then squats, then probably dead and I don't do much ohp tbqh, shoulder issue.

Should I split them up for maximum gains? Doing a push/pull routine currently.
>>
There's a qt grill at my gym. I see her now and then. Should I ask her number? I've caught her mirin a couple of times now. Just not sure if the gym is the appropriate place for that.
>>
>>39875138
Than cut down on the lifting just till after your exams? You don't have to stop completely, but allow yourself to breathe..
>>
Would there be anyway to modify the Greyskull LP routine for it to focus more on upperbody? My squat and deadlift are progressing fine while my bench and OHP are stalling hard. I like the way this routine is setup so something similar would be ideal.

For stats I'm at 50/80/125/170 5rm in kg for my lifts at 86kg 5'9
>>
>>39875437
you wait outside the gym then ask her
>>
>>39875138
find som soothing ass music and take a steam
>>
>>39875390
of course not
>>
>>39875482
I think just adding more upperbody focused accessory lifts should do the trick though I could be wrong
>>
>>39875468

It takes like 1h and half to lift since I go with my gf
I was thinking of quitting boxing too but I love it and it's amazing cardio-wise too.

>>39875493
music makes me more depressed, I love Death but I moved to kool & the gang(shits groovy man) but doesnt work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Y_ztEW1NE

this one only does so much but I just cant find a way to shut off my brain and stop thinking

For some reason, after this NY, I randomly got depressed. Reality hit me straight, I'm turning 21 and soon I'll have to have my life handled well since I want a family by the time I'm 30
>>
Can I eat bacon every day while on a cut?
>>
I need the best bootygoals exercises.
>>
File: 1463447676874.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463447676874.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
I can't seem to get started properly. I started working out 2 months ago and because it has no schedule, milestones, or planning whatsoever, I've gotten nowhere.

Every guide or video assumes I have access to a gym. I fucking don't. I have a basement suite with a 15lb dumbbell and two cheap plastic push up bars.
I don't even have two adjacent pieces of furniture for dips.

I just mess around with one hand military presses and other similar exercises, do 15-20 pushups and 20x3 situps, (that's all I can handle at once so far) , do some goblet squats with the same dumbbell, and when I feel like I've done enough I stop and rest for a few days.

How do I measure my strength progress in any of these exercises if I'm able to do 20 or 30 reps per set? After that many I'm not stopping because of failure, I'm stopping because of lactic acid burn.
>>
>>39875778
you ned to confront that shitposter senpai. far as music goes kool g is groovy af, yes.

but maybe you need something about being down in the dumps but with a positive messege. I listened to a lot of modest mose when i was getting over my depression/alcholism. especially good news for people who love bad news.

and i always watch sit coms when i go to sleep. The more Times i've seen an episode the better.

there are just really really low tier advice though
>>
>>39875823
>Every guide or video assumes I have access to a gym.
>I'm stopping because of lactic acid burn.
Stop making excuses and get a job to pay for a car and gym membership you fucking neet
>>
>>39875929

I have no excuse for not getting a car, but I do have a job. It just doesn't pay nearly enough to leave room in my budget for a membership to anything.
>>
Do i have to eat healthy while bulking? Or shoukd i just focus on eating everything to reach my calorie goal. Avoiding sugar and obky drinking milk / water
>>
>>39875940
Yeah you're right. You can't get fit and its not your fault. Dont worry its too hard anyway
>>
>>39875996

Stop being a faggot. This is a basic advice thread and you're ignoring literally my entire post just to greentext about lifestyle.
>>
>>39876009
>that $15 of disposable income a month life$tyle
I dont know maybe you do need it anon
>>
How to improve my voice?
Its not like i sound like a bitch but its the boring nasal type.
>>
>>39876041

I don't need /fit/ to pick over my utility bills.

I DO need /fit/ to tell me if it's even worth bothering with a dumbbell of such low weight, at least aside from reverse curls and raises because my arms are still not comfy with higher weights for those.
>>
How do I get over my crippling anxiety over calories?
I am trying to recover from anorexia. I used to be 35lbs underweight, now I am 10lbs underweight but I have been struggling to gain recently, partly because I started going to the gym but mostly out of irrational fear. For example I constantly underestimate my intake by 200-600 calories (I am trying to have 2800 a day).
I am aware I won't make any progress this way.
>>
>>39865876
>The lifts that get body builders big is lifting a need to their quad.
Could you reevaluate?
>>
>>39876163
You shouldnt estimate calories. Use myfitnesspal
>>
>>39876053
Unironically youtube voice changing routine advice for ftm trannies. Can’t link any from where I am posting but there are plenty.
>>
>>39876348
i know the exact calories
i underestimate on purpose due to mental illness
>>
I eat 2000 calories a day. With the exception of a protein shake post workout and a yogurt before bed my meals are broken down into 2 large meals.

Is there any truth that large meals can cause your stomach to be distend?
>>
>>39876385
If you're that worried try to aim for 500+ over your 2800 that way if you do slack it should still be good enough for you. What do you usually do at the gym?
>>
>>39876163

Does your goal correlate with your current approach?

If not, you must align them.

Is your goal to have more lbm? If so, eat in a surplus

Fat gain sucks, I know. But people don't think any different of you if you're 8% or 15%, you're 'in shape' to them.

Once you realise that people that don't bodybuild or care massively about their physique judge people's body's in a binary fashion (in shape or out of shape), and not in a scalar fashion like us (I'd be hotter at 10% BF rather than 12%), you'll free yourself
>>
>>39876423
2 days a week cardio on the stair machine (I pretty much destroyed my heart, my heart rate was 49bpm at one point, so I think this is important, my heart rate is normal now)

then one day of legs/lower body
one day of chest/arms
one day of back/shoulders/abdominal

I'm trying to include as many compound exercises as possible. Still working out a good routine, it has taken me a while to get used to the gym (because I am cowardly and didn't want to use certain things like the barbells). Is there anything I absolutely should be doing?
>>
>>39876521
When you say you're aiming for 2800 calories is that just eating whatever or do you track your macros?
>>
>>39876411
Generally not in moderation, or intermittent fasting wouldn’t be a thing. That in mind, don’t wolf down like 3lbs of food in one sitting like a bulimic pre-hurlingbecause that indeed will fuck you up.
>>
>>39876601
try to be healthy but also trying not to avoid anything I really want (I don't want to relapse, that would be worse than not getting nice abs)
>>
>>39876637
Could look into macronutrients with a specific weight in mind and focus on that more than just looking at your calories count.
>>
>>39867496
Late to respond, but thanks anon. I'm leaning towards getting one, I figure that skin area is ruined anyway and I have to cover it up already.

Worst case scenario, if I turn out to hate the tattoo or it doesn't do shit for the scars, I'll just keep covering it up like I already have to. Best case scenario is that it disguises the scars and I'm free to dress how I please and show off my gains.
>>
>>39864183
Are you me

This is my exact routine. Love it
>>
>>39866188
Oh yeah I will do that. And I'll change the Dumbbell presses/curls to 3x10-12. Thanks!
>>
In PPL programs, do lateral raises go on push or pull days?
>>
>>39876608
its not really anything like that my meals tend to be about ~750 calories per meal, 250-275g of chicken, 1 cup of rice or 250g of sweet potatoes, bag of frozen brocolli and a salad.
>>
red pill me on meal prepping
>>
If I'm doing 3x12 of a movement, do I only progress in weight when I can do all 3x12? Or do I progress once I can do at least 2/3x12?
>>
>>39876833
http://imgur.com/a/5nbmA
>>
>lift
>acne on shoulders

FUUUUUUUUCK MAKE IT STOP ASDFSADFSDFSF
>>
>>39876888
Danke.
>>
>>39876798
Goes with push with your other shoulder movements.
>>
ULULULx vs
LULULUx vs
ULxULxx vs
LUxLUxx

Which Upper/Lowet sllit is better?
>>
I'm doing curls with Greyskull LP, aiming for 3x8 instead of 3x5.

How does the progression work for these if I'm just doing standard dumbbell curls? I can barely do more than 10kg each arm at the moment 3x8 and when I gave 12.5kg a shot I could barely do 1x5 and went back to 10kg.

How long should I aim to stick with each interval? Should I move onto the next interval once I succeed in the previous one even if I fail horribly at the new interval?
>>
>>39876981
Clean yourself.
>>
>>39876840
Anyone? I want to know if it's normal for these 3x12 progressions to take longer
>>
It really depends on where your at. My personal approach is a little odd but but personally I do 3x12 and once I've reached 12 on all sets I make my last set an AMRAP and once I can AMRAP my last set to 15 i increase the weight by 2.5-5 lbs depending on the exercise.

Typically 3x12 exercises are accessory/isolation type ones so don't be in a rush to progress those at the same pace as your compound lifts.

Now the only rule I really change for this is if my 3x12 is a variation or a "volume" set of another lift I do heavy (for example bench press/OHP). I have a "heavy" day for each where I do 4 sets of 5 (last set an AMRAP). Then I have a volume day where I'll do 3x12 of those. I always use 80% of my "heavy" volume as long as My last "volume" day was in the 8-12 rep range.
>>
I have 30 days of Anavar, 30 days of 1-testosterone, and a vial of a unique* brand of Ostarine.

What's the most effective way of cycling these three?
>>
I've been lifting on and off for about 2 years now, been "doing" stronglifts for the last 1.5. The quotiations is because I've had a lot of problems with mobility and old injuries when it comes to squats and deadlifts which didn't allow me to advance so much. Add long breaks for various reasons and general lack of motivation and I've hardly done a proper year of this program. However I've made decent gains and improved in every lift, especially in bench and OHP.

Should I consider switching it up to some other program or keep going until I no longer improve?
>>
>>39877094
ULxULxx = LUxLUxx (IMO) It won't make any real difference if you start your week with upper or lower.

Of those ones you listed I personally think ULxULxx would be the best. Typically you don't recover fast enough for those type of workouts to try to cram 6 sessions in a 7 day period.

Now if you want to workout slightly more you can do ULxULxULxULxEtc No reason you have to take the weekend off.

Generally my approach routine approach depends how many days a week you can give to training.

3 days = Full Body
4 days = Upper/Lower
6 days = PPLPPLx

5 Days can give you some variety. You can do something like ULx(3 day bodypart split), ULxPPLx.
>>
>>39877602
The worse part of Stronglifts is that he wants you to start with the bar. Your well past that so at this point its really up to you. My personal suggestion would be to stick with it solidly for another 60-90 days to make sure you are really committed to working out. Then switch to something you find fun. Doing just SL for that long seems boring as hell.

As for what to switch to, it depends on how many days a week you want to train.
SEE >>39877605
>>
>>39876840
Yes
No
>>39877492
Obviously, more total reps = more overall volume per lbs added
>>
>>39877259
My thoughts would be to give yourself a rep "range" if your in that range, you should keep the weight the same. If you fall out of the rep range you may wish to deload. Progress when all 3 sets are done at your "top" rep range.

So using your example I would do curls 3 sets of 5-8 reps. If you get at least 5 for every set, then keep the weight there. If your finding yourself only getting 3-4 reps then you need to lower the weight.
>>
>>39871002
Yes you should bulking isn't deliberately getting fat its eating at a surplus to grow muscle. The fatness is a common side effect. Cardio is good for you. Just eat enough to cover the energy expenditure.
>>
>>39877630
Alright, thanks. I was considered that it would be a problem that my bench/OHP is probably at intermediate level while my squat is definitely at a beginner level and therefore I would need to start from zero with both lifts if I wanted it to be properly done. It's fine if I keep going wherever I am with both lifts?

I was considering switching to a PPL program afterwards, I feel like I definitely have the energy to do a couple of more exercises each time.
>>
>>39874183
Its a solid program, lots of people add arm isolation
>>
>>39875078
>Am I overtraining?
Probably not some people sleep more than others. Unless this is a sudden change for you and there is no other explanation for sleeping more (sick, busy, drugs, Recently hit puberty) as long as you have the time to sleep what's the big deal?
>>
File: The-Dictator-Movie-Wallpaper.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The-Dictator-Movie-Wallpaper.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
How do I develop discipline? I've been trying my best but failing, the only good idea I've had for it so far is to make a list of every mistake I make.
>>
>>39877602
Are you able to add weight each workout to squats? If yes stay on sl
>>
>>39875138
Write timetables for yourself and give yourself downtime if that means dropping an activity then so be it. Prioritize your time find out whats most important to you so you can plan them out accordingly. Come up with contingency plans e.g. what will you do if you fail these exams? Can you re-do them next year could you do another job for a while and come back to them. Remember to eat and sleep properly
>>
File: meme.png (67KB, 1328x1344px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
67KB, 1328x1344px
Is there any real reason for a beginner/intermediate lifter to do any leg exercises other than squat/deadlifts?
>>
>>39877708
Shouldn't be a problem as long as you are pushing yourself. Things will balance out over time.
>>
>>39877811
a Hamstring dominant movement and maybe a Glute specific one.
>>
>>39877811
>that fucking nose
>>
>>39875482
Bench every session, but break it down to a light medium and heavy day texas method style
>>
>>39875800
IIFYM
>>
File: 20161223_234900.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161223_234900.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>39864072
Can someone post the neck thickness versus height image? Working on my thicc chad neck asap
>>
>>39877764
You could make a list of the things you have to do
>>
File: IMG_20170103_124645.jpg (4MB, 6144x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170103_124645.jpg
4MB, 6144x3456px
2 eggs, 150g sweet potato, satchel of steamed veggies, fried in a TSP of coconut oil with sriracha some feta crumbled over the top.

Will I make it on this diet?
>>
>>39878513
What is making it, to you?
>>
>>39878529
Losing virginity
>>
>>39878529

I'm a fatty, 275lbs (was 320). Did 6km walk this morning and some bodyweight exercises. So making it is just not being completely repulsive upon first glance.
>>
>>39878548
I mean those are pretty dang good foods. Only thing I don't like is the frying. Slow and low heat all day. But if you take this much time and effort to prepare meals 80% of the time, that focus and effort will probably translate into becoming a person that women want to have sex with. Good luck man...
>>
>>39878569
Nice work on the 45 (that's a plate!). How have you been getting results so far?
>>
I have gyno but have never used any kind of performance enhancer and I'm not fat, how do I get rid of it?
>inb4 underage
i'm 19
>>
>>39878585

Literally laying in bed coz of surgery, just not eating 4500 calories like I was before.

Plateaued from eating a tin of tuna, satchel of vegetables and packet of noodles 3-4x a day. Now starting with the hour of walking and cleaning up my diet to try to cut another plate.
>>
Some guy posted a routine that basically consisted of deads, squats, bench and shit sometime last year. He'd outlined a picture of himself with different colours for each lift based on which muscle they worked. Does anyone have it?
>>
>>39878805
He was also basically saying that this was the only workout he needed and had been on it for about five months.
>>
File: 1444580514517.jpg (225KB, 832x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1444580514517.jpg
225KB, 832x1125px
>>39878805
>>
I think i've been doing a bit to much arm isolation. I find myself doing about 72 reps of bicep/tricep work when I hit those muscle groups (PPL) so I hit them twice a week. In an effort to cut back on some of the time I want to lower my total reps a bit.

What is the single best Bicep/Tricep exercise to do for something like 3x12 or the best 2 bicep/tricep exercises to do for 2x10 for each exercise?
>>
how to achieve runner high if obese
>>
So I started doing this Rippetoe's Starting Strength revisited, literally from the sticky.
Anyway i've always known my lower back is weak as fuck. And with this I feel my lower back getting tons of exercise. Specially when doing squats. I mean shouldn't squats mainly work on my legs? Or is my form just so shit that I feel it in back more than legs? I really want to add more weight but i'm afraid of snapping my back.
>>
File: diddlys.jpg (291KB, 1664x958px) Image search: [Google]
diddlys.jpg
291KB, 1664x958px
>>39878886
this is legit, bee tea dubba you
>inb4 "muh PPL/ brosplit"
>>
size vs strength
what is better for a guy who is starting to play rugby?
>>
>>39879168
Why do you have to choose? Bigger = stronger, there is a reason weight classes exist in both power and olympic lifting and in all combat sports
>>
someone pls post new year comic
>>
>>39879222
Common misconception, but size=greater capacity for strength not nessicarily stronger though
strength=ability to lift heavier weight
>>
bump limit, new thread

>>39879352
>>39879352
>>39879352
>>
New thread

>>39880263
>>
>>39880275
Lol mb
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.