[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3 times / week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: o02f5l.jpg (48KB, 799x531px)
o02f5l.jpg
48KB, 799x531px
Beginner here. Is the "work out no more than three times a week" thing only for lifting? Can I go to the gym these days and then get home and do cardio, flexibility exercises, and some other shit that doesn't involve weight/bodyweight, or will I be overdoing it?
>>
Oh I also plan on swimming. Had to see the pic to remember it.
>>
>>39863460
As long as you eat and sleep well enough for it, it shouldn't be a problem
>>
>>39863483
>Had to see the pic to remember it.

lol. you'll give it up in less than a month
>>
>>39863460
You're not supposed to workout the same muscles more than 3 times a week retard that doesn't mean you can only go to the gym 3 times a week, unless you do full body workouts every time you go.
>>
>Beginner here
>1/1
Just try and do anything at all for more than a month then come ask questions.
>>
>>39863460
It depends on intensity. A good rule of thumb is to give each muscle group 72 hours of rest/recovery before working it again.
>>
>>39863544
I hope you mean 48
>>
>>39863538
>dude get proper information before you lift lmao
>dude lift before you get proper information lmao
>>
>>39863460
I'd advise to just train 3 times a week at first.
Get used to it.
Still feel like doing more after sticking to it for 6-8 weeks? Great add one or 2 more training days. Just dont burn yourself out, so tired of people going ham for 3-5 weeks and then dropping out completely.
Its better to train 2 times a week for a year than 5 times a week for 2 months
>>
>>39863460
Do whatever you want op. You're gonna quit in 3 weeks anyways
>>
>>39863460
its incredibly unlikely you're going to train more than three days a week for the rest of your life

pick an attainable goal and stick with it
consistency is key

to actually answer your question, yes you can do cardio or whatever on your non-gym days, just pay attention to your body, there is risk of overtraining if you go overboard
>>
>>39863544
you better mean 48 m8
>>
>>39863460

You shouldn't work out a MUSCLE GROUP more than three times a week. 3-6 times a week are all acceptable depending on how you split up your exercises.

Also running is not working your legs in the strength training sense, but you should still separate running from working legs by at least putting them on separate days, ideally with a day in between.

and always do cardio after lifting, not before, unless you have time to rest a whole lot, like cardio in the morning and lifting in the evening.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.