[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ambulance diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I'm a Paramedic that works 96+ hours a week. We are always short handed so I work alot more hours than normal. I pretty much live in the ambulance. I've got an idea and thought I'd run it by here. For backstory a few years ago I hit a high of 475lbs (215.5kg) and was barley able to keep doing my job. After just simply eating less and giving up sugary drinks and chips I'm down to ~350lbs (159kg). Still way to fat for what I do. Portion control and snacking seem to be my problem. It's hard to pack food that doesn't need refrigerated for days and I'm sorry but after picking up a body parts after a bad car wreck or having a drunk guy piss on you a carrot stick isn't gonna cut it, and I gave up smoking and drinking. I switched to Monster Rehab for those late night runs when I need caffeine. SOoo... Here's an idea, thought I'd run it by here. I have easy access to U.S. MRE's. I'd be fine with any other brand of pre-packaged meal. I make up half serving size packets of Isopure mix and have that 6 times a day with water and ONE MRE a day (~1,300 calories) and have my black coffee and Monster Rehabs. There's a Planet Fitness near my station I'll be going to before I come in and as I get off, no matter how tired I am.

What else can I do? Ideas?
>>
i would really consider intermittent fasting.

i enjoyed bringing out the dead btw
>>
>>39861073
MREs are not 1300 calories. Most are around 2500-3000. Read the label if you have such easy access to them. And enjoy never being able to poop again.
>>
>>39861073
>What else can I do? Ideas?

yeah you can READ THE FUCKING STICKY

FAG
>>
>>39861166
U.S. MRE's are on average 1,300 calories for the whole thing. IDK where you get that number. I've had them on disaster relief, they never bothered me.

>>39861198

Going though all the info now. Very helpful, very thanks.
>>
>>39861246
>>39861246
>>>39861166 (You)
>U.S. MRE's are on average 1,300 calories for the whole thing. IDK where you get that number. I've had them on disaster relief, they never bothered me.

I don't know why you'd possibly think this. From fucking experience, just buy tuna you ham planet.
>>
>>39861271
Your experience is worthless troll. Multiple sources state the same. Heres just two sites. (not sure how to post links, hopefully this works. hxxp://www.mreinfo.com/mres hxxp://www.goarmy.com/soldier-life/fitness-and-nutrition/components-of-nutrition/meals-ready-to-eat.html

Anyway, after looking on here only a few helpful people, gonna lurk more from now on. My fault for asking advice on 4chan, lol.
>>
I feel for you. Can't get consistent meals when my truck is busy running all over fuck idiot land
>>
>>39861073
>that works 96+ hours a week.
That's gotta stop dude. I know we need OT to make a living in this line of work, but you're abusing yourself, this is not sustainable.

Cut back hours a bit, get a crockpot, do some meal prep ahead of time.
>>
>>39862018
9 years in. I'll slow down some but its less hours than where I was before, I was on 5 day thend off 2. Just about every service does 24 hour shifts here. $10 an hour as a C3-IFT Paramedic there, $17.65 here.
>>
>>39861073
Be a nurse.. Get paid twice as much for half the work.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.