[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hypoglossal-cuts.jpg (218KB, 812x740px) Image search: [Google]
hypoglossal-cuts.jpg
218KB, 812x740px
A facial aesthetics thread to encourage logical/scientifical thought. A thread which is fit related as it is about training facial muscles.

Ok. So I am guessing due to the number of meme jaw threads about "mewing" etc trying to change the skull shape (lol) that a lot of you have a similar issue to me. Bottom line being that you wish you had a more defined jaw.

We all know there are two key points that will improve your facial aesthetics significantly from the front. That is by jewing gum and tough foods and also lowering your bf%. We all know how that works and like me, I'm assuming have done it or are in the process of doing that.

That really does little for how loose my skin appears to hang in the space between my chin and neck. It looks bad when viewing my face from the side only. I hoped low bf would fix this issue but it does not appear to. And it seems to be a bigger problem for those of us with thick necks.

Now I wanted to run this by you guys before incorporating this into my routine.

I will continue this in the next post. But the attached pic on this post shows the muscles that I assume I am talking about. Circled in yellow. These are the muscles I plan to target.

Cont. in next post..
>>
File: diagrtic_belly1322508295812.png (229KB, 408x364px) Image search: [Google]
diagrtic_belly1322508295812.png
229KB, 408x364px
>>39860122
Cont.
Basically I want to strengthen these muscles. And I guess there are two possible outcomes. One good, one bad. The bad one first.

>Bad:
The muscles grow bigger and enhance the effect, making the jaw line look worse from the side.

>Good:
My theory on this is how your arm sits when at rest and you are standing straight up... Assuming you have developed your biceps, your arm does not hang straight. The strength and tightness of the bicep pulls your elbow into a naturally bent position.

This is unlike individuals who are Auschwitz mode who have stick arms. Their arms tend to hang straight down.

With training the muscles circles in the above diagram, could it be possible to strengthen and tighten these muscles, causing a similar effect that will pull the area tighter towards the jaw?

I would appreciate your input and ideas on if this would work or not and why. Any theories and ideas are welcome.

So far in my attempt to isolate these muscles, I have tried sucking and pushing my tongue hard to the roof of my mouth for reps before meals. Mainly the 'back' of my tongue as this is where I feel it activates the muscle most.

Also basic neck stretches and jaw movements with resistance. So far the resistance being simple my own hands giving a slight force of resistance in the opposite direction to the movement/stretch.

Thanks. Here is another random picture of the muscles.
>>
>>39860122

Grow a goatee
>>
>>39860159
Thanks for the advices but I'd rather not look like your mother.
>>
stop coping, get surgery
>>
>>39860122
>scientifical
>>39860217
>advices
Kill yourself
>>
>>39860404
Sorry bad bad spelling :(
>>
>>39860122
no kope pls
>>
>>39860122
It's not the muscle or lack thereof. You have that skin there because your tongue is positioned incorrectly in your mouth. You probably put just the tip of your tongue against your palate when you should do that with the middle too.

Look at your profile with a mirror while you swallow. When you almost complete the movement your tongue is where it should be all the time. You will also notice that the skin is gone now. It will take a few weeks before you are comfortable with the new position but it looks a lot better.
>>
>>39860122
>be born with chadly jaw
>have swollen lymph nodes
>jawline goes mia
>>
>>39860135
>trength and tightness of the bicep pulls your elbow into a naturally bent position

biceps isn't even a main flexor
>>
anyway I can improve a droopy nose tip?
>>
>>39860122
>noko
How long has it been since you've used this website. Starting a thread or posting hasn't been redirecting you to the frontpage of the board for years.
>>
>>39861435
I noticed this too. But to keep my tongue here I need to keep suction.. should I keep suction or force it? Thanks though.

>>39863684
Woops. I rarely post lol
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.