[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supplements for sleep aid ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: trolls.png (475KB, 627x477px) Image search: [Google]
trolls.png
475KB, 627x477px
Any supplements that help you sleep that you would recommend ?
Some I've heard of but not tried - melatonin, magnesium, l-ornithine
>>
>>39856909
Melatonin and valerian root work well. warning - valerian root capsules smell pretty nasty but they work.

ZMA is supposed to help but it just made me itchy and sick, got the spins real bad one time.
>>
alcohol
>>
>>39856946
you aren't kidding about the smell. It's like someone bottled up some stinky feet.
>>
magnesium, for sure. just get zma since it has magnesium.

also, stop all stimulants
>>
>melatonin
No. You want melanotan
>>
>>39856909
benadryl.
>>
Mk 677 is the sleep king.
>>
>>39856946
>>39856909
melatonin is the worst shit ever, I feel like a total insomniac if I don't keep increasing dose
>>
>>39856909
vitamin d
>>
>>39856909
For sleeping:

Melatonin works great for falling asleep faster if that's your problem. But if you use it daily you should get an extended release version, cause for me after a while I started waking up several times at night and not being able to fall back asleep without taking more melatonin.
2-3mg is more than sufficient, I would recommend u use it no more than 2-3 days per week. (atleast that's my personal experience)

DPH (it's a first class OTC antihistaminic, makes you sleepy and sleep deeply, don't use it multiple days (def not more than 2-3) in a row as the sleep will turn into dreams/nightmares and you will once again wake up a lot (but be able to fall back asleep soon after). Still you won't feel rested.

Phenibut: Takes a long time before you feel anything (I take it at 18-19hr when I want to sleep at 22hrs), don't overdo it on the dosage, at 1g you don't feel 'drunk' or fall asleep very fast, but the sleep quality improves a lot and you will wake well rested and without waking up. Don't take it more than once per week, tollerance builds up quickly and if you use it more than 3 days in a row and then stop using it you will have a terrible rest the 4th day as well as you will be more nervous than you normally are in stressful events (presentation/meeting) for a bit as result of the incredibly fast dependance you build for it. Don't make the mistake and become hooked on it, never more than 1 day per week and it's a really great sleep aid, but there are so many stories of people getting addicted (the feeling is like being a bit drunk if you take a lot, not even worth it to get addicted to that)

Valerian root: It's okay, but gives me a headache, it does help me fall asleep faster and sleep more deeply, it also tastes like shit. I wouldn't recommend taking it often, but I never tried taking it more than 1 day in a row cause it's simply not that good.
>>
>>39857029
hmmm, ZMA studies look kind of bogus.

"A 1998 study was undertaken on NCAA football players during an 8-week spring training program. The control group was told to cease taking any nutritional supplements. Those who took the ZMA tablets claimed greater increases in muscle strength.[4] This study was funded by SNAC Systems Inc, the intellectual property right holder, and one of the study's authors, Victor Conte, has ownership equity in this company."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMA_(supplement)
>>
>>39857095

Magnesium: doesn't work for me, but my gf says it helps her a lot, can take it every night an hour before sleep or so.

Alcohol: It deteriorates your quality of sleep, you won't rest well with alcohol, it is also detrimental to building muscle.

Caffeine: Don't drink coffee/energy drinks (or take PWO) past 12pm.

Other tips: have a strict sleeping schedule, don't oversleep on weekends. Take 30 mins to 1 hour before bed to read or do something relaxing.
>>
>>39857105
> past 12pm
I meant 12 noon!
>>
>>39857099

Almost every supplement study gets its funding, in one way or another, from the supplement industry. The funding has to come from somewhere and it's a niche enough deal that no-one uninvolved gives a flying fuck about backing it.

The quality of the actual study, and whether it was later reproduced, is what to look for.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.