[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best program for OHP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 9Jf0QXC.jpg (207KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
9Jf0QXC.jpg
207KB, 1600x1067px
So I have been dicked around with OHP and replacing it with meme exercises and from all that my bench started stalling pretty bad.

I just recently added OHP and I am currently doing 55 kg 3x5 but I realise I can't go on forever since adding weight is real hard and I dont have micro plates.

I do 5/3/1 for my bench, squat and dead, but I heard 531 is terrible for OHP and saw many people stall.

I really want to become a beast on OHP and I love it so much, its more fun than bench thats for sure and I get a great pump from it.

So what do you recommend fitbros?
>>
>>39844177
5/3/1 is much worse for bench than it is for OHP

i 5/3/1 a few years ago and made some meager gains on OHP, some gains on deadlift, regressed on squat, regressed very hard on bench

unfuck your bench programming first before you tackle OHP
>>
>>39844177
Don't do 531 when you're that weak
>>
>>39844205

well desu 531 for bench is going pretty gud so far, I stalled on 80 kg for ages and now I am nearing 2 plate.

What do you recommend then? Is there a simple but yet good programm for bench&OHP for intermediate lifters, bcuz I know for Smolov and things like that but it really looks complicated as fuck, and 3x5 isnt working anymore so I am in a bit fuckup situation.
>>
>>39844224
in the OP you said your bench started stalling pretty hard

do something that has you benching 3x a week with some volume, and do OHP as an accessory lift

(greg nuckols 28 free programs 3x int bench)
>>
Are the guys in Op's pic seriously use chalk to ohp lmao1plaet? I never used chalk for that exercise, doing even a false grip
>>
>>39844241

yeah I stalled pretty hard but it has improved massive ever since I added OHP.

I am now stalling on OHP and I need to find a good program for it, I don't need anything for bench because I am doing good so far on 531.

Also I wouldnt like to change my routine, I currently do upper/lower and I cant bench or ohp 3x a week.

I am just looking for a rep scheme for OHP because I think 3x5 wont take me far.
>>
>>39844282

its a power clean, and why not using chalk? Chalk can only help you, specially if yu have sweaty hands like me for example
>>
>>39844220
this
>>
>>39844301
the rack position is shit for boh clean or ohp tho
>>
>>39844177
Are you doing it 3 days a week? If so that may be your problem, it was for me.

I changed it so Mondays is a 5x5 and fridays is a 3x10. Started shooting up again. Managed to do 175 for 1 rep the other day.
>>
>>39844177
Do OHP 3 times a week. If you have 2 different days then have one day were you go heavy, and on the other you more reps and volume. Make sure to train abs, work on technique and do some assistance exercise for it.

Many people forget technique. Ypu can wrestle yourself through an OHP like you can in the squat. If you dont have it perfectly down then that will hold you back.
>>
>>39844177

https://www.mcmaster.com/#91081a046/=15p6wxj

All to need to mictoplate. Each washer is ~ .625lbs, so 6 of them lest you increment in 1.25lbs jumps

If that's your limit, I'd search first to work on core strength, liftoff stability, power at the bottom, and grip, and then work on a longer term program to gain weight and get your numbers up
>>
>>39844526
>you cant wrestle*
Fix'd
>>
>>39844290
5/3/1 is not any worse for OHP than it is for bench, so if you are making progress on bench with it it will also work for your OHP

make sure you also do joker sets, and first set last multiple sets (for both bench and OHP, if not all lifts)

i don't know how people make bench and squat gains only doing them once a week, but clearly this works for some people and i wish it worked for me because it would be a fuckload easier to just smash one lift a day
>>
Microplate? What is the smallest you can go up in weight? if you can add a 5 on each side, that should be sufficient.

That's not even 1plaet! yet brosef. You shouldn't be stalling yet unless that's close to bodyweight.

I'd suggest trying some dumbbell pressing also, and/or some hang-clean-pressing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.