[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1483108756156.jpg (178KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483108756156.jpg
178KB, 480x480px
I have access to a free gym but can't go because I have severe anxiety and panic attacks. Any anons with advice on how to deal with anxiety?
>>
I take lorazepam.
>>
effexor
>>
go at 3-5am, it'll be JUST you or maybe 3 other people
>>
>>39842539
try killing yourself
>>
>>39842577
>>39842587
I don't want to lift on sedatives because snap-city. I take my meds after lifting/training.
>>
>>39842607
It's closed at night and always full otherwise.

>>39842631
Meanie
>>
>>39842539
Try meditating and drinking tea. Also give up on caffeine, drinking alcohol and smoking weed.
>>
>>39842673
Can you recommend a type of meditation? What do you do?
>>
>>39842539

gradual exposure therapy. you gotta eat the elephant one bite at a time. try just walking in the door and standing there for a few minutes, looking at your phone or something so you don't look idle, then leave. then after a couple days, go back again and this time instead of standing by the door, just walk through the place for a minute or two "checking out the equipment." then a few days later try staying a bit longer, you don't even have to do any exercising until you feel comfortable. break it up into manageable chunks.

i'm not a psychologist, but i've noticed that this works for some of my friends who have social anxiety. the idea is that you are simply getting yourself used to the physical space first, without focusing on doing anything else. once you're familiar with the place, you may start to feel more at ease when you're there because it's less of an unknown to you. eventually you'll start to feel welcome there, and you'll want to start working out there because now it'll feel like "your place."

my gf has anxiety about driving a car, and what we've done to fix it was by starting with her just literally sitting in the driver's seat in a parked car with the engine running. then the next day all she did was back in and out of a parking spot. that was two years ago, now she's driving around by herself and the only thing she's not comfortable with is highway driving.
>>
>>39842710
I typically do body scans, would recommend the headspace app. Dont pay for a subscription, but do the trial and then implement what you know.
Also recommend trying out metta or loving-kindness meditation, which you can find guided exercises on youtube.
>>
>>39842778
I so this with my therapist, but panic disorder is more difficult than normal anxiety. If I have a panic attack while benching I'm kill.

>>39842810
Thank you. That's very helpful.
>>
>>39842992
*do
>>
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy

Lifting at home

Going with a friend

I understand the struggle though, lifting made me stressed and anxious for some reason, felt like a fucking chore

However I have no anxiety at all when I'm at my boxing gym, so I don't know why the lifting gym makes me so stressed
>>
>>39842673
> try drinking tea
> give up on caffeine
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.