[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me fit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 20161210_205304.png (2MB, 1072x1419px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_205304.png
2MB, 1072x1419px
Im going skiing in a month

Ive never been skiing before

What should i do before i go skiing
>doubt that diddylifts and bench will be of much use
>>
>>39839059
Muscle endurance, pushups, pullups and lots of core exercices
>>
>>39839059
If you mean downhill, flexibility is literally all you need since gravity does most of the work. It's more about skill than strength.

If cross-country, cardio and legs
>>
>>39839071
So just bodyweight military style stuff?
>>
>>39839073
Dont suppose there are any proven videos / sites on what exactly to do?

Googling ski exercises pulls up a million results - hard to know which are of any use as a complete novice
>>
>What should i do before i go skiing

Get good insurance.

I used to work with search and rescue on a mountain resort in the Alps. The pay was shit, and the work hard. But man you get to see the dankest shit old people try to pull to prove they can do it.

Most injuries happen on the first 2 and last day of a road trip, and it's mostly hamstring and muscle tares, a broken bone here and there but usually on older folks.
So stretch before and after.

Apart from that i don't really know what to tell you, I've been skiing since i was 5 so It's just a thing i do
>>
>>39839085
You don't need much "exercise" to be a good skier. You need skiing lessons and practice. You can't lift your way to being a better skier. It's like saying you want to lift to be better at billiards.

I skied my best when i was a 6' 120lb skelly, because that was when i skied the most.

Take a half day private lesson the day you get to the resort, or if youre too autistic go somewhere local ahead of time for a lesson. It will do infinitely more good than any lifting.
>>
File: 20161216_164529.jpg (123KB, 668x763px) Image search: [Google]
20161216_164529.jpg
123KB, 668x763px
>>39839091
Fucking noted, thanks anon
>>
>>39839109
Have got a half day private lesson booked with someone a friend recommended.

Just dont want to get there and think fuck why didnt i at least stretch X or do more ab work etc after day 2... some good advice here, thanks anons
>>
Front squats are good they work quads and hip adductors and abductors which are important keeping proper form going down hill
>>
>>39839059
Stretch before and after. It will work leg stabilizer muscles you didn't know you had.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.