[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No dairy effects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: dairy-products.jpg (32KB, 1000x691px) Image search: [Google]
dairy-products.jpg
32KB, 1000x691px
So, I'm thinking about giving up dairy. I've read mixed reports about how dairy intake has a lot to do with hormone levels, bad digestions and general skin health, so I'm considering to go without it for a while and see how it goes.

Anyone here has any stories to share in this regard? How does it feel to quit dairy cold turkey? Benefits? Did you lose gainz?
>>
>>39837767
>dairy intake has a lot to do with hormone levels, bad digestions and general skin health
Mom science.
>>
I got an office job 2 months ago and i also started lifting and drinking lots of milk and eating cheese.
All day at the office i would sweat under my armpits like a motherfucker, like at the end of the day my shirt would be drenched in sweat (but only under my armpits)

i was sure it wasnt because of the heat because it's not hot at all in here, so one day for some reason i thought it could be all that dairy, did some research and found that many people had the same experience as me.

Basically i stopped eating dairy and all the sweating has gone away and i also stopped getting acne.

I tried drinking some milk and eating some cheese and the day after i start sweating and my shits aren't solid, and sometimes i would get a pimple or two.

So yeah, i quit dairy and i feel a lot better now.
No more sweat, no more acne and no more liquid shits.

It's weird because i've been drinking milk with no issues for all my life (at one point i was drinking more than a liter every day)
>>
I have acne and having gone for periods of months both with and without acne multiple times I can pretty much confirm that avoiding it (and possibly also high carbs/gluten/glycemic) reduces my acne significantly. The worst breakout with a controlled diet is like half as bad, to quantify.

The downside is that dairy is THE most convenient tool for hitting good macros. The options for cheap and/or easy fat and protein without it feel WAY less varied and makes eating more of a chore. Oftentimes I go hrocery ahopping, buy no gluten or dairy, and come back feeling like I still have no real food to eat because it's all unprepped meat+veg and I'm a sadfuck.

Note that whey protein is dairy also, though I've found beef-derived protein shakes to be a comparable option.
>>
>>39837852
>>both with and without acne
Meant to say w/wo dairy
>>
>>39837767
>>39837852

Anecdotal counter information: I did a month without dairy at the start of the year and saw no change to my constant acne (>tfw 22 with teenage acne).
>>
>>39837800
Ok familia.

http://www.societavegetariana.org/site/uploads/5d20f3f1-7a2f-8b2c.pdf
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4524299/
http://dadun.unav.edu/bitstream/10171/17571/1/AlimentPharmacolTher.2001.pdf

Nice dubs though.
>>
>>39837884
Yeah it might not be a cause of your acne (seems almost like an allergy thing), but a month might be slightly not long enough.
>>
File: rippeote.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rippeote.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>39837909
God knows what it is. Saw the doctor and tried everything short of Accutane. Didn't want to hop on that because most of my social life involves drinking and the two apparently don't go together well, but nothing else seems to have done the job.

Acid creams work a bit, but it all came back as soon as I stopped using them. And the stuff was bleaching my towels.
>>
>>39837966
Have you tried zinc supplements? Worked marvels for me.

Try between 10 and 20 mg, if that doesn't help try the maximum dose 40 mg. You can actually go for a dose as high as 120 mg, some studies show better effects at those doses, but I don't think it's completely safe and it can fuck up the absorption of copper.
>>
>>39838005
Thought zinc was supposed to make it worse? I have tablets for /fit/ reasons, but I only take them irregularly. Could try taking one a day/every other.
>>
bump for stories
>>
>>39837767
Ive been dairy free for about a year since i randomly developed a milk protein allergy and i cant say i notice any difference. If anything its harder to bulk and eat out. Though almond milk is pretty nice.
>>
>>39837767
People who think hormones in most food matters are wrong.

Yes, dairy do have hormones in it, so does meat, veggies and fruit.

And dairy doesnt even have a significant amount. Iirc its 1/1000th of what your body produce. Its insignificant.

If you got shitty skin then eat more vegetables and fruit. Most people are horrible at eating a variaty of food and barely eat greens. Then blame stuf like dairy or gluten on their stomach or skin problems.
Stop eating a lot of processed shit and more greens.
>>
>>39837819
when you lift and eat at a caloric surplus then your body will produce more heat.

If you havent had an issue with it before, then its most likely not the problem. It could be something completely different that youre missing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.